Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 779978 times)

Thogapotomus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.1.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #975 on: October 10, 2022, 04:13:03 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to look into it. I think the real issue is that the malfunction chance hurts way more on ships with fewer components. It would be way less painful if I had every mount filled, even if you kept the same frequency as in the video. The other issue is that the frequency is actually random, or so it seems. In the video I took, they are actually pretty evenly spread out, which doesn't usually happen. Sometimes you'll go a full minute or so without anything happening. Other times you'll have two or possibly three happening at the same time. Again, with only 4 weapons on a ship, it really hurts. In any case, halving the frequency will definitely make it more palatable.

Also, cool-running drive stabilizer is way too strong. Takes sensor profile into the negatives easily. I've never seen it come up naturally though, so I'm guessing this is something you're probably not supposed to have, as you actually have the Well/Poorly Insulated trait, but I figured I'd mention it just incase.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 10, 2022, 05:31:08 PM »

I think the real issue is that the malfunction chance hurts way more on ships with fewer components.
That's a good point! I'll scale the chance based on total (edit: in-use) weapon/engine slots.

Also, cool-running drive stabilizer is way too strong. Takes sensor profile into the negatives easily. I've never seen it come up naturally though, so I'm guessing this is something you're probably not supposed to have, as you actually have the Well/Poorly Insulated trait, but I figured I'd mention it just incase.
Only ships with built-in drive field stabilizers (tugs) can get that trait, which prevents negative profile because tugs have huge sensor profiles due to the hullmod.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 05:33:18 PM by Sundog »

Thogapotomus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 10, 2022, 06:57:51 PM »

That's a good point! I'll scale the chance based on total (edit: in-use) weapon/engine slots.
I'm glad modifying the trait was something that was relatively minor to change. I think that will be a solid change.

Only ships with built-in drive field stabilizers (tugs) can get that trait, which prevents negative profile because tugs have huge sensor profiles due to the hullmod.
Oh that makes sense. I've literally never used a tug simply due to it's sensor profile.

I appreciate you taking the time to look into this!

Stopple

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 12, 2022, 06:09:47 AM »

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 12, 2022, 06:24:47 AM »

The opposite of lazy is "dutiful", and the opposite of professional is "incompetent". This is no oximoron. It just means they rarely do anything, but when they do, they do it well.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 12, 2022, 05:11:31 PM »

Good points, guys! Those trait names may not be contradictory in the strictest sense, but they can certainly be confusing together. The meaning of "professional" is simply too broad not to result in conflicts like this. Same with "dutiful." I'll rename...
Professional crew to Fastidious crew (+CR limit)
Dutiful crew to Trusting crew (+loyalty growth)
Obstinate crew to Cynical crew (-loyalty growth)

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 13, 2022, 03:58:01 AM »

For some reason Eradicator and Barbarian in my fleet are treated as AI ships when it comes to crew loyalty. Game shows it as AI integration status on combat log.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 14, 2022, 01:58:30 PM »

I could of sworn there was a config option for maximum total negative traits, but can only find one for intial negative traits, am I going crazy?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 14, 2022, 08:58:42 PM »

For some reason Eradicator and Barbarian in my fleet are treated as AI ships when it comes to crew loyalty. Game shows it as AI integration status on combat log.
Thanks for letting me know! I'll check it out soon. Were they mothballed by any chance?

I could of sworn there was a config option for maximum total negative traits, but can only find one for intial negative traits, am I going crazy?
Sounds like you're looking for "minNegativeTraits" which is the fewest negative traits a ship can eventually end up with after events. "maxInitialNegativeTraits" is basically the same thing as maximum negative traits, because there's no way to turn good traits into bad ones.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 15, 2022, 01:34:03 AM »

Thanks for letting me know! I'll check it out soon. Were they mothballed by any chance?
That *might* be the case, but honestly I don't remember if I mothballed these two before I checked the log or after.
Also that bug occurs on Post-battle Log window only. When examining hullmod in loadout menu, it correctly shows crew loyalty.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 01:35:50 AM by Farya »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 15, 2022, 05:34:11 PM »

I come bearing a minor typo! During the storyteller talking about one of your ships event, "to being disabled during hard-fought battle" - is missing an 'a'. Should be "during a hard-fought battle".
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 16, 2022, 06:59:53 AM »

I come bearing a minor typo! During the storyteller talking about one of your ships event, "to being disabled during hard-fought battle" - is missing an 'a'. Should be "during a hard-fought battle".
Fixed! Thanks for pointing it out  :)

That *might* be the case, but honestly I don't remember if I mothballed these two before I checked the log or after.
Also that bug occurs on Post-battle Log window only. When examining hullmod in loadout menu, it correctly shows crew loyalty.
Ok, figured it out. Ships won't show up on battle reports if they're mothballed during the battle, but if you mothball a ship afterward, the report will use the ship's current state, see that it requires no crew, and think it's an AI ship. For now I'll change it to look at the base minimum crew of the hull type instead, which should never change. This will cause it to display incorrectly in cases where a hullmod has been installed to transform a crewed ship into an AI ship, but afaik Sylphon is the only mod that does this, and it's not officially up to date. Eventually I might need to come up with a method of for detecting AI ships that considers more factors, but for now I think I'll keep it simple.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 16, 2022, 11:06:21 AM »

Just a heads up that I also have a hullmod that automates ships.
Although it does it by adding the Automated hullmod, so I suppose you could just check for that.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 16, 2022, 12:20:15 PM »

Just a heads up that I also have a hullmod that automates ships.
Ah, I was hoping someone would point it out if there were other methods of automating ships. Thanks! I'll see what I can do about improving compatibility with that feature. Could you tell me which of your mods adds it?

Although it does it by adding the Automated hullmod, so I suppose you could just check for that.
Unfortunately I couldn't rely on all mods with similar features to do the same, so checking for that can get dicey. I think I'll probably just keep checking if ship.minCrew <= 0 and resorting to more complicated checks only if the ship is mothballed. That should be fairly robust.

Edit: This should work in all cases for your mod, right?
Code
    public static boolean isShipCrewed(FleetMemberAPI ship) {
        return ship.isMothballed()
                ? (ship.getHullSpec().getMinCrew() > 0 || ship.getVariant().hasHullMod(HullMods.AUTOMATED))
                : (ship.getMinCrew() > 0);
    }
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 08:07:20 PM by Sundog »

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 16, 2022, 09:54:54 PM »

So how quickly does disloyalty build up? Because fights in end-game Starsector, especially against the REDACTED, usually results in almost half of my fleet being disabled.

I personally don't see how all of my ships wouldn't be disloyal in the constant fight night against the robots.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 09:56:41 PM by Frosterus »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 82