Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 776450 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Naw, you're not doing anything wrong. I forgot to make the mod actually read that setting, so it doesn't work... (same for the showXP settings)
It'll be fixed in the next release. Sorry about that!

Raudskeggr

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This mod is probably my favorite mod, and one of a couple I'd consider essential; practically vanilla Starsector in my mind now.  Thanks for making this and keeping it up to date!

CyberSultanVader

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello it seems like some of the mod options have changed. How do I make it so that my ships dont pick up any negative traits at all? Should I set all these following stuff to 0?

"maxInitialNegativeTraits":2
"minInitialNegativeTraits":1
"minNegativeTraits":1

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This mod is probably my favorite mod, and one of a couple I'd consider essential; practically vanilla Starsector in my mind now.  Thanks for making this and keeping it up to date!
;D

Hello it seems like some of the mod options have changed. How do I make it so that my ships dont pick up any negative traits at all? Should I set all these following stuff to 0?

"maxInitialNegativeTraits":2
"minInitialNegativeTraits":1
"minNegativeTraits":1
Yup, that's exactly right!

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile

Autonomous ships really are rough running AI cores on them in late game fights.  If you deploy them at the start of fights, they're probably going to get destroyed every other time.  They just always get out of position in these giant battles thanks to fearless.  Unless you're constantly grinding very easy battles, it's impossible to keep them at a high integration score.

Jang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Hello, from searching the thread it looks like there used to be a "traitsPerTier" setting, but it doesn't exist in the config anymore. Is there still a way to limit the total number of traits? Like If I wanted to have a maximum of 0 negative traits and 1 positive trait for each ship

Konturga

• Commander
  • Talk is cheap, but they never said it was free.
    • View Profile

I've had this mod for a very long time, and only recently updated in the past month or so. Since coming back, I don't really know what was added or what wasn't.. But I'm really amazed by how connected to the world I am when the people actually start noticing your ships and the legends that follow them. I recently got my first few legendary ships after an eternity, which is understandable, a legend should be difficult to form.. But to know the animated storyteller told that story, complete with where it was built.. It touched a heart I didn't know I had. I actually had to sit there for a moment in silence.
It's easier surrounded by seas,
A simple safety, Without regrets,
Until the thoughts arrive as the sun sets,
Basking the world in twilight,
As cracks in the clouds bleed golden skylight,
They seem so far away.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Autonomous ships really are rough running AI cores on them in late game fights.  If you deploy them at the start of fights, they're probably going to get destroyed every other time.  They just always get out of position in these giant battles thanks to fearless.  Unless you're constantly grinding very easy battles, it's impossible to keep them at a high integration score.
I'm planning to change it so the loyalty/integration stuff only applies to AI ships if a story point is spent to "fully integrate" the AI core.  That should improve a couple of issues, including this one, hopefully.  If not I might need to add another loyalty loss modifier for AI ships, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.  I'm not really concerned about making sure high loyalty can be maintained for every type ship, I just don't want any viable ship type or playstyle to be made frustrating or annoying by causing too much negative loyalty.

Hello, from searching the thread it looks like there used to be a "traitsPerTier" setting, but it doesn't exist in the config anymore. Is there still a way to limit the total number of traits? Like If I wanted to have a maximum of 0 negative traits and 1 positive trait for each ship
Well, there's a "secret" setting called "traitPairsPerTier" but it's not properly tested and it's only really useful if you want more traits rather than fewer, as the default value is 1.  If you want to use it you can paste this line into your config file:
"traitPairsPerTier":1,
You could also limit traits by making the later tiers prohibitively difficult to unlock by simply increasing their xp requirement.

I've had this mod for a very long time, and only recently updated in the past month or so. Since coming back, I don't really know what was added or what wasn't.. But I'm really amazed by how connected to the world I am when the people actually start noticing your ships and the legends that follow them. I recently got my first few legendary ships after an eternity, which is understandable, a legend should be difficult to form.. But to know the animated storyteller told that story, complete with where it was built.. It touched a heart I didn't know I had. I actually had to sit there for a moment in silence.
I'm very glad to hear that!  ;D
It took me way too long to get around to adding that event to the mod.  Should've been day one!

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.1.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #923 on: August 01, 2022, 08:14:08 PM »

I'm planning to change it so the loyalty/integration stuff only applies to AI ships if a story point is spent to "fully integrate" the AI core.  That should improve a couple of issues, including this one, hopefully.  If not I might need to add another loyalty loss modifier for AI ships, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary.  I'm not really concerned about making sure high loyalty can be maintained for every type ship, I just don't want any viable ship type or playstyle to be made frustrating or annoying by causing too much negative loyalty.
Just keeping my ramparts at 'nominal' with no upsides or downsides is the real pain.  I really mean it when I say that if I deploy them, unless the fight's already almost over, they're probably going to die.  It's like 50/50 if I can get them to retreat or not after they get themselves out of position.  You get a ton of firepower out of deploying ramparts for only 15 DP and they don't really pick up D-mods after recovery thanks to rugged construction and hull restoration.  I might have to just play without the cores.  With that fearless behavior, you pretty much have to be running them assuming they're going to die frequently.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 02, 2022, 06:04:51 PM »

ramparts
That might be a big part of the problem, actually.  Explorarium/derelict drones are simply very fragile.  I thought you were talking about remnants (the blue, high-tech automated ships).  Either way, loyalty only applying to fully integrated AI cores should help quite a bit.

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 05, 2022, 11:28:21 PM »

I haven't tried selling a ship yet during the event, so this may already in there.. But when you sell the ship during the event, do you add it to the pool of ships in wanted bounties? It'd be interesting to see that ship come back to haunt you, especially if you ended up selling something.. Terrifying.
They seem so far away.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 06, 2022, 07:01:16 PM »

Ha!  That's a good idea.  Unfortunately it wouldn't be as easy as simply adding the ship to a pool though.  The best way to go about it would probably be to make an entirely new type of event for this scenario.  That would be a lot of work for something that would rarely happen though...  Perhaps I should make it possible to somehow rediscover/fight your own famous ships that are lost for *any* reason.  I'll add that to my list of wanted features, but I can't promise anything.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Konturga

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 07, 2022, 12:01:26 AM »

I think that's understandable. Because of the fact the ships are unique, not only would the ship need to be saved, but there would have to be custom bounties that run parallel to the ones the game already establishes. That sounds a bit rough. I imagine that difficulty would be similar to a suggestion of having enemy fleets react to legendary ships in your fleet, whether through slightly different text or whatnot.

I'm not expecting anything, nor should I, I think. This mod has been wonderful as it is, and it's become an irreplaceable part of my playthroughs. And playing around with that new feature of decreasing loyalty to remove a negative trait is really scratching that itch to eventually nail that perfect ship. I'll get there one day.
They seem so far away.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 10, 2022, 07:07:20 PM »

Hello, big fan of your mod, really adds a layer of Role Playing with building up your reputation over the cycles

Just wanted to report a missing space and that the "ty" in "loyalty" should also be yellow in the attached pic (I don't know how to embed pictures)

Also is there a blacklist check opposite traits because I found a ship with both Oblivious PD Gunners and Skilled PD Gunners (unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of it)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 10, 2022, 11:29:46 PM »

Just wanted to report a missing space and that the "ty" in "loyalty" should also be yellow in the attached pic (I don't know how to embed pictures)
Thanks for pointing that stuff out!  It will be fixed in the next release.

Also is there a blacklist check opposite traits because I found a ship with both Oblivious PD Gunners and Skilled PD Gunners (unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of it)
That's not supposed to be possible without the use of console commands.  I'll try to figure out how it might happen.  Do you remember how you found the ship?  As in, was it a famous flagship/derelict from a bar event, one of your own ships, etc?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 82