Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 769107 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starship Legends 1.5.5 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #780 on: November 28, 2021, 01:51:38 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! Next major update won't have a combat rating system at all (at least by default). If you like, you can reduce damageDealtMult in the config to make it less punishing for ships to take damage.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 29, 2021, 08:30:27 PM »

Not that you necessarily need more trait ideas, but it might be reasonable to have trait options for plus-or-minus to ammunition stores - given existing skills/hullmods, I'd think capping out at ±40% for missile ammunition and ±20% for non-missile ammo would probably be about right.

(It would also, for energy weapon heavy hulls, be interesting to have a trait for ammunition regeneration rate, too, though that'd probably be best kept relatively weak - maybe one of the traits that caps out at 10%?)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

thestalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 10, 2021, 12:25:13 PM »

Hey uh mod maker. Don't mean to be a pain in the ass but your mod aint working on the newest update. Not cause it's broken but because of a text error

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/813186488480038982/918961532887498793/unknown.png

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 10, 2021, 01:25:49 PM »

Hey uh mod maker. Don't mean to be a pain in the ass but your mod aint working on the newest update. Not cause it's broken but because of a text error

1) Go to the mod folder
2) Open the mod_info notepad file
3) Change the part that says 0.95.0a-RC15 into 0.95.1a-RC3
4) Profit??

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 11, 2021, 03:58:45 PM »

1) Go to the mod folder
2) Open the mod_info notepad file
3) Change the part that says 0.95.0a-RC15 into 0.95.1a-RC3
4) Profit??
Yup! That should work for now until I can get a patch out (hopefully in a matter of hours)

@thestalker: Thanks for letting me know, and sorry about the trouble!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.5.3 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #785 on: December 11, 2021, 05:13:54 PM »

Starship Legends 1.5.6
Compatible with previous versions

Updated compatibility to Starsector version 0.95.1a
Fixed a version checking issue that prevented loading with Starsector 0.95.1

planeswalker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 1.5.6 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #786 on: December 14, 2021, 06:32:54 PM »

Thanks for updating this mod, i have a odd question. Does a Valkyrie count as a combat or a civilian ship? Also if a civilian ship have militarised subsystems does is it still a civilian ship? What makes a ship count as a combat or civilian ship for the purposes of being forced to be in combat to start gaining traits?

I haven't touched starsector for more than two years now and i'm trying to get up to speed with all the new changes in base game and the mod. TY

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 15, 2021, 07:38:08 PM »

Valkyries are civilian. Militarization doesn't change whether or not a ship counts as civilian. I honestly don't know if there's a clear-cut in-game way to determine whether or not a ship counts as civilian. Generally, any ship you might consider deploying in combat is not considered civilian, even if it has a civ grade hull (e.g. Venture)

planeswalker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 18, 2021, 05:12:11 AM »

Valkyries are civilian. Militarization doesn't change whether or not a ship counts as civilian. I honestly don't know if there's a clear-cut in-game way to determine whether or not a ship counts as civilian. Generally, any ship you might consider deploying in combat is not considered civilian, even if it has a civ grade hull (e.g. Venture)

I see thanks, reason why i ask is that in early game fleets, i would use ships like Valkyries and Geminis to 'add more meat' to my battle line while my actual fighting ships do the killing. So i guess not using them in combat would earn them traits etc in this mod.

phampanvn1998

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 20, 2021, 08:51:24 PM »

this is not a very good mod tbh.
This mod only rewards you for picking easy fight and punish player for fighting strong enemies. Like my fleet just attacked the corona hypershunt, the hardest fight they fought yet. 80% of my fleet went down just to kill one tesseract, leaving me only 1 capital ship with 4 condors providing fighter support. Against all odd, my capitals survived and managed to get on top with 60% hull intact, yet when the battle is over the crew lost faith in my officer commanding my capital ship?
So basically, you are more likely to become legendary for killing miners flying converted cargo ships with guns, than actually completing legendary feats?

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 21, 2021, 07:13:56 AM »

Just to say this is 1 of my top & essential mods!

Love that it is so customisable to suit individual tastes and really hope it continues to be updated to work with future versions of Starsector!

Thanks so much! :)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 21, 2021, 09:24:23 AM »

Thanks for the words of encouragement!  ;D
I plan to keep all my mods (except ICE...) up to date until Starsector is officially released/published as a 1.0 version (at the very least), so I wouldn't worry that. I'm currently in the process of overhauling and testing this mod and ruthless sector.

Not that you necessarily need more trait ideas, but it might be reasonable to have trait options for plus-or-minus to ammunition stores - given existing skills/hullmods, I'd think capping out at ±40% for missile ammunition and ±20% for non-missile ammo would probably be about right.

(It would also, for energy weapon heavy hulls, be interesting to have a trait for ammunition regeneration rate, too, though that'd probably be best kept relatively weak - maybe one of the traits that caps out at 10%?)
Hey, sorry for taking so long (like a month??) to get back to you. I've been mulling over these suggestions. My main reservation is with granularity/rounding issues, especially for modifying ammo capacity. Most small vanilla missile weapons would need a boost of at least +34% capacity to see any benefit, which seems like it might be a tad excessive. My main concern with ammo regen is not having a clear way to communicate that "+5% ammo regeneration rate" only applies to weapons that already regenerate ammo. In spite of my misgivings, however, traits like this would be cool, so I'm going to implement them anyway. Just don't be surprised if they get axed during playtesting or due to feedback or some crazy modded weapon I'm not aware of.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 21, 2021, 10:32:45 AM »

Hm, those are reasonable concerns.

...I wonder if you could address the granularity issue with something like "for low-ammunition weapons, this instead manifests as a chance to gain +1 ammunition at the start of a battle". Might be excessively tricky to implement, but would also mean you could have the missile ammunition boost be a bit smaller than 40% max (a value I picked specifically to grant that +1 shot to three-shot missile racks.)

Well, if they don't work out, then they don't work out, but I'll be interested to play with them when you add them regardless.

Edit: And I'd just like to add that, honestly, I'm glad you're taking the time to think things over - as not-the-mod-author, I can afford to just toss out random ideas without having to really think through whether or not they're truly good ones. >.>
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 11:03:39 AM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 21, 2021, 01:00:08 PM »

Am I so out of touch?... No. It is the crew who are wrong.
[close]

...I wonder if you could address the granularity issue with something like "for low-ammunition weapons, this instead manifests as a chance to gain +1 ammunition at the start of a battle". Might be excessively tricky to implement, but would also mean you could have the missile ammunition boost be a bit smaller than 40% max (a value I picked specifically to grant that +1 shot to three-shot missile racks.)
That could work, but there would be no good way to communicate it since trait descriptions need to be so short. In spite of being a bit messy, I think it's better to just allow the granularity quirks.

Edit: And I'd just like to add that, honestly, I'm glad you're taking the time to think things over - as not-the-mod-author, I can afford to just toss out random ideas without having to really think through whether or not they're truly good ones. >.>
I've done that to Alex on more than one occasion  ;D

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 24, 2021, 09:56:06 AM »

Heya,

Please can someone advise what setting i need to adjust to ensure that a positive trait gained is always at it highest / best setting?

I'm looking at ""bonusChanceRandomness":0.05" and not sure if i need to change it or if i do what to change it to?

Cheers
Al
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 81