Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768856 times)

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile

is there any way to apply this mod to enemy ships?
It already does this, unless you turn it off in the settings.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

oh, cool. handnt noticed any fleets with the mod other than the event ones, guess i gotta look better

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

Oh, it absolutely does. God help you if you decide to engage in hell-war with the Hegemony for the sake of Kadur in a Nex game, for example. Some of those expedition fleets can get absolutely monstrous with Fame-level bonuses applied.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

funny you should say that... i JUST got out of a hell of a bloody mess with them for exactly that. had to use every ship i had, most were destroyed, and wasnt actually sure i was even gonna win until the last moments.

edit - although, that none of the ships i scavenged had famous or noteworthy is kinda why i made this post.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 09:19:27 PM by Stormy Fairweather »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

the Evans-Zhao score (whatever it's called) has an effect on how powerful each trait is. If you wanted the +10% armor trait, adding eight traits to a ship that has never seen combat will not give you that 10%; it will be at 7% or 8%. This has been my experience with manually adjusting traits.
Hey, thanks for helping Havoc! This part, though, is incorrect. The effect of traits are adjusted only by tier and loyalty, never combat rating. By default, notable, well-known, famous, and legendary traits multiply effects by 5, 6, 7, and 8, respectively. Loyalty can worsen or improve those multipliers by up to 2.

edit - although, that none of the ships i scavenged had famous or noteworthy is kinda why i made this post.
The only way to salvage ships with pre-existing reputations is through the famous flagship/derelict events. I may add similar events in the future, but I don't plan on adding notable ships to enemy fleets without a narrative reason to do so (and a way to inform players about what the ship's traits are)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

hey, i just finished a real big battle, and i didnt get the post battle report nor did i get any of your effects applied after. is this normal when you dont have your own captain in the fight?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Starship legends typically ignores auto-resolve battles, but it shouldn't ignore normal battles in which you didn't deploy your flagship.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

yeah, it wasnt auto resolve. was actually on of your missions actually. getting a legendary ship, which was also a bounty apparently. think that is the first time i've noticed that. edit - i didnt tranfer command, if that might be a factor. just let my ships run on auto while i just watched.

i was gonna make a comment about enemy ships not having rep perks was unfair, until i realized you give enemy fleets equivalent bonuses.

as an aside, mebbe give yer legendary ships a chance to have 1-3 built in mods. make them a bit more... novel.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 06:55:05 AM by Stormy Fairweather »

Freakycrafter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starship Legends 1.5.3 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #743 on: June 02, 2021, 12:54:30 PM »

Hey, could you perhaps add a different config option for different trait amounts?
Now, at first this might seem like I didn't even look at the config file, since you can actually change the amount of traits per tier there, but what I mean is, could you add an option, so that you could theorethically get ALL traits to legendary tier for example? I've toyed around with the config file a bit and it seems if you set the traitsPerTier variable too high you wont ever be able to get legendary ships or even just famous or well known ones (I usually play with only positive mods, low actual modifiers and lots of traits per tier).
You could add an option so that, instead of having x traits per tier you'd have x traits in total which'd all have a chance of leveling up, (whether or not the ship has the max amount of traits,) that way you could technically have a legendary ship with all it's traits in the legendary tier.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 02, 2021, 04:10:12 PM »

hey sundog, would adding the notable changes, or a link to the battle report, to the status screen after a battle? or is that something that would require a lot more effort than it could be worth?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 02, 2021, 04:24:28 PM »

Hey, Freakycrafter, thanks for the suggestion and welcome to the forum! Unfortunately there's no way to configure the mod that way, and changing it so that it could be would require fairly drastic changes to the code, meaning I would inevitably introduce new bugs if I tried. Sorry I couldn't give you better news! What you could do is edit the values of "effectMult" and "traitChancePerXp" for each tier to be the same. That way the only difference between each tier would be the name.

as an aside, mebbe give yer legendary ships a chance to have 1-3 built in mods. make them a bit more... novel.
You're referring to the ships you can get from famous derelict/flagship missions? If so, it's on my to-do list  :)
(Just don't expect them to be the right/ideal s-mods for the ship)

hey sundog, would adding the notable changes, or a link to the battle report, to the status screen after a battle? or is that something that would require a lot more effort than it could be worth?
Not sure what you mean by status screen. The encounter dialog screen?

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 02, 2021, 04:37:26 PM »

ye, the post battle screen. almost never manage to catch the battle report from the system view afterwards before it disappears, then i have to bring up intel and find it to see what stat changes the last battle caused. fairly petty, but it is something i love to look over and is a pain in the ass clicking though a couple screens to get to it.

as an aside; with how much stronger [redacted] is in this patch, maybe tweak your difficulty settings to be a little more forgiving when facing them. i changed the default 0.5 multiplier you have to 0.7 which might be a little TOO forgiving, but it does feel bad winning a battle against a dangerous fleet only to be saddled with penalties for the effort.

Shrugger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 08, 2021, 03:14:16 AM »

The download link target seems to be offline.
Edit: Github seems to be having trouble.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 03:16:26 AM by Shrugger »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 08, 2021, 04:05:28 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up! Seems to be working again, at least for me. Anyone else having any trouble?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 23, 2021, 10:41:56 AM »

Nope, although I'm noticing something else now, and have suspected it for a bit: I don't think ships with High Intensity Lasers are calculating their combat contribution correctly (and/or the Diable Avionics Maelstrom isn't calculating it right).

Just now, I used my HIL Mael to smash up multiple Luddic cruisers. On almost any other ship, this absolutely would have counted for >100% combat contribution, since on both the large cruisers the Mael and its laser very clearly did most of the work. However, the final battle report only listed the Mael's contribution at around ~50%... which also made for a hilarious BR, since my fleet evidently killed multiple cruisers, destroyers and frigates without a single ship scoring more than 50% of their own value and a number barely contributing at all. :V (The Mael in fact killed several times its own value in ships.)

I should try and do a bit more testing to see if it's the ship or the weapon at fault, but it's definitely noticeable and doesn't seem to happen with other weapon systems.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 81