Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768608 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starship Legends 1.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #720 on: April 26, 2021, 01:39:51 AM »

At least contact bounties can have fleet skills, since they always have derelict contingent.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 26, 2021, 02:52:55 AM »

At least contact bounties can have fleet skills, since they always have derelict contingent.

That's..uh..entirely new to me, I guess game mechanics really do fly under the radar when they're not mentioned, don't they? Thanks for clarifying SCC!

That's great news if you want to go that way and integrate some Commander Skills into the list of traits (as vanilla already does it with one skill, under the metaphorical bed sheets), maybe in a separate list that goes along the lines of "In addition to what this fleet is generally known for, the Fleet Commander also contributes by [...].

What Mysticunicycle says stands correct tough (great name by the way!), Adding a set of Commander Skills to an already present set of "Fleet Traits" would definetly cause this mod to make the game harder, much harder until the Officer Spam is adressed.

I've already suggested a slight rework of the "out of bounds" fleets where instead of spamming officers ad-infinitum, the game would strengthen the AI fleet by installing integrated hullmods (starting from the bigger ships/the ones with officers) instead, at a "two s-mods per officer above the 10 officer limit" rate.

That said, Commander skills also include one skill to raise max officer level from 5 to 6 and their elite skills from one to two plus an alternative one raising the maximum number of officers from 8 to 10. Integrating this into the mod would actually result in the officer playing field being further balanced into the middle. It's just a speculation tough.

I'm starting to think that integrating (most of the) Commander Skills (for AI fleets to use) into an already wonderfully functional mod like this one may be too much meat on the fire. It would honestly work better as a mod of its own.

Forgive me for suggesting it in the first place, this suggestion would be like trying to staple a rocket launcher or a machinegun in the back of a toyota pickup truck...no wait that's already happening...uh...it would be like bolting an anti tank howitzer to a young, beautiful and incredibly graceful stallion!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 03:03:12 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 26, 2021, 07:38:40 AM »

I'm starting to think that integrating (most of the) Commander Skills (for AI fleets to use) into an already wonderfully functional mod like this one may be too much meat on the fire. It would honestly work better as a mod of its own.
That's basically how I feel about it.

Forgive me for suggesting it in the first place, this suggestion would be like trying to staple a rocket launcher or a machinegun in the back of a toyota pickup truck...no wait that's already happening...uh...it would be like bolting an anti tank howitzer to a young, beautiful and incredibly graceful stallion!
Hah! Great analogies, but there's nothing to forgive. Further differentiating factions is a worthy goal, and feedback/suggestions are almost always useful, even when they don't result in direct changes. In this case it's just a lot more complex than it seems on the surface, especially when mod factions are taken into consideration.

Skullywag

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It seems crew loyalty can still go down even though a ship was not hurt hull wise in a fight if they didnt do much and got a below 0.5 combat rating, which seems completely wrong to me. For example (yes its overkill) but a captial ship going up against a small pirate band (3 or 4 small ships) on its own will probably end up with something like a 0.3 shift to the positive, this results in a chance of a negative impact on crew loyalty.

I literally just watched my capital (who got wrecked in an earlier fight so had insubordinate crew) fight his way through a few fights to get back to "doubtful" through careful management in a few fights then drop back down to "insubordinate" when he murdered 4 pirate destroyers and got a 0.3+ to his CR.

Can i fix this in the settings file somehow, this section maybe:
# OFFICER LOYALTY #
   "enableOfficerLoyaltySystem":true,
   "improveLoyaltyChanceMult":0.5,
   "worsenLoyaltyChanceMult":1.0,

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@Sundog
Is it possible to make this mod less powerful percentage-wise but almost always positive? Other than have a defeat or a ship destroyed, I'd like to cut out the setbacks that 'feel' undeserved just for flying around the sector.

Sounds like you'll want to reduce "globalEffectMult" below 1 and increase "baseRating." Not sure what you mean about just flying around the sector. You mean civilian ships earning traits from non-combat XP? I disabled that entirely in the last patch, but you can set "bonusChanceForCivilianShips" to 1 to only get good traits from peaceful XP.
Thanks, Dude! Much appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 08:51:57 PM by IonDragonX »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It seems crew loyalty can still go down even though a ship was not hurt hull wise in a fight if they didnt do much and got a below 0.5 combat rating, which seems completely wrong to me.
That's no good. Unfortunately that can't be fixed by editing settings. I'll make sure it's not a problem in the next patch.

Is it possible to make this mod less powerful percentage-wise but almost always positive? Other than have a defeat or a ship destroyed, I'd like to cut out the setbacks that 'feel' undeserved just for flying around the sector.
Sounds like you'll want to reduce "globalEffectMult" below 1 and increase "baseRating." Not sure what you mean about just flying around the sector. You mean civilian ships earning traits from non-combat XP? I disabled that entirely in the last patch, but you can set "bonusChanceForCivilianShips" to 1 to only get good traits from peaceful XP.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Starship Legends 1.5.3
Compatible with previous versions

Fixed not checking sMods (hullmods made permanent with story points) when considering trait compatibility
Changed: Made a few trait/hullmod combinations incompatible (for example, shield traits are now incompatible with Shield Shunt)
Changed: Ship strength estimates are now based on deployment points rather than recovery cost
Changed: Loyalty can no longer be reduced unless a ship takes sufficient hull damage in battle. Less damage is required at higher loyalty levels
Added "considerNormalHullmodsForTraitCompatibility" setting (false by default)
Added a new, complicated, optional method of estimating ship strength (disabled by default)
   - Base strength estimate is based on adjusted fleet points (FP) rather than deployment recovery cost
   - sMods, dMods, and captain skills may be taken into consideration when estimating the strength of ships
   - Player level may be taken into consideration when estimating the strength of player ships
   - Eight new settings have been added to support this, along with a precise description of how strength is estimated in the settings file

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

While fortunately it's pretty easy to tweak the ini to one's liking, I can't help but feel that ships that rely on armor/hull tanking - low tech and similar-doctrine mod ships - get shafted by the defaults, which is yet another malus to that category of ships as they quickly pile up negative traits from what ought to be 'routine' combat.  :D

Any thought to tinkering the defaults to account for that, maybe allowing specific modifiers for manufacturer/techline?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

That's been brought up a few times in the past. My opinion about it is that if a ship class tends to take more hull damage on average than most ships of similar DP, then it's a balance problem with the ship. Ships that can regenerate hull damage are an exception, and they do get reductions to how much hull damage contributes to rating reduction on a case-by-case basis.

Piston

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey so I'm a pea brain when it comes to tweaking .ini files. What I did was I took the "Recommended Option 'Presets'" and pasted the "unlimited power" at the bottom of the file, though it didn't work on my campaign as negative traits are still showing up though I can't say I'm surprised as I didn't know where to put it in the first place. Just a quick tip would be very much helpful thanks~

"also a question, does changing the .ini mid campaign even work?"
"That there spacer is gonna be the death of me."

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Changing the settings .ini mid campaign will work just fine. It refreshes each time you load the game. However, changing some settings may lead to unexpected results.

It sounds like what's going wrong is that there are two entries for each setting you changed, since you pasted all of the settings changes to the end. This means one of the entries will be ignored, and I suspect it's the ones that are further down in the file. The "correct" way to do it is to replace the value of each setting. So, for example changing this line:
"ignoreAllMaluses":false,
to this:
"ignoreAllMaluses":true,

I'm not certain it will work, but you could also try pasting the altered settings at the top of the file instead of the bottom.

Piston

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks for the help!
"That there spacer is gonna be the death of me."

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile

hi, is it possible to reset the stats?
I've tried the mothballing for 10,20, and 30 days+, still had all perks and quirks

I have
24% faster overload duration

10% durability
-5% speed( I would like to remove this, or all)

If the mothball reset would work, would I get the same perks on next legends "levelup"?
my first perk was faster overload recovery

Cirevam

• Ensign
    • View Profile

If mothballing doesn't work, you can use the Console Commands mod to remove all traits. Make sure your character is piloting the ship in question, then open the console and type "removetraits". You can also manually add or remove specific traits. If you want to remove a single trait, like Dutiful Crew, type "removetraits dutiful crew" and it will remove only that one.

You will not get the same perks on the next levelup. To guarantee it, add the traits you want manually, while keeping in mind that the Evans-Zhao score (whatever it's called) has an effect on how powerful each trait is. If you wanted the +10% armor trait, adding eight traits to a ship that has never seen combat will not give you that 10%; it will be at 7% or 8%. This has been my experience with manually adjusting traits.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

is there any way to apply this mod to enemy ships?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 81