Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 777771 times)

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starship Legends 1.5.1 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #690 on: April 12, 2021, 12:53:12 PM »

Welp it appears to be all of the civilian ships that are doing it instead of just the shears, and considering no one else is having this problem I must be running into an outside context mod conflict/ram issue so crud. ( The whole hullmod that simulates the traits disappears.)
You probably want to report this bug to DA as well in 'Bug Reports'-'Modded'

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 12, 2021, 05:47:58 PM »

I don't think the issue iseethings is having has anything to do with DA or RAM. My guess is that some strange circumstance is causing starship legends to think those reputations should be removed, or perhaps another mod is accidentally removing them.

@iseethings: I'm pretty sure this is something I can fix if I figure out what's causing it. Two more questions I should've asked originally:
  • Did you ever use any version of starship legends earlier than 1.5.0 with this save?
  • Could I get your mod list? Should be easy to copy from /mods/enabled_mods.json

iseethings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 13, 2021, 12:38:53 AM »

Sorry for being so late, i've been unconscious for a few hours

Heres my mod list from the enabled mods file, also I did switch out a old version but that one was used on a different save- I also deleted the entire folder for the old version before updating.

Spoiler
-------------------------------------
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "$$$_trailermoments",
  "adjustable_skill_thresholds",
  "Adjusted Sector",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "armaa",
  "timid_admins",
  "beyondthesector",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "domain_mship_controllable",
  "diableavionics",
  "gunnyhegexpeditionary",
  "hostileIntercept",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "nexerelin",
  "old_hyperion",
  "remnant_command_transfer",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "SCY",
  "SEEKER",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "tahlan",
  "exalted",
  "star_federation",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "US",
  "URW",
  "vayra ship pack",
  "prv",
  "shaderLib"
-------------------------
[close]

Edit: Im going to use console commands and test different mod combinations for possible conflicts. If that doesn't work i'll do a full reinstall.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:41:42 AM by iseethings »

iseethings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 13, 2021, 12:59:59 AM »

Alright now i wish i didnt do the testing. I might actually lose my mind.

For some reason, a new unmodified version of this mod, with this mod list-

"lw_console",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "MagicLib",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "shaderLib"

Is having traits from civilian ships disappear and its kinda baffling.

In other news that might be helpful, even though almost ALL my mods are deactivated I see LOADS of them in the game log. Could that be an issue? Ill try removing them and deleting or replacing the mods enabled folder. Doubt it though.

Edit: Replaced all mods and the folder, issue still persist. again it can be fixed by transferring ships so the tag isnt totally gone, just on some weird standby.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:11:52 AM by iseethings »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 13, 2021, 03:35:33 PM »

Sorry for being so late, i've been unconscious for a few hours
No worries. Everybody sleeps  :P

Alright now i wish i didnt do the testing. I might actually lose my mind.
Heh. I know the feeling...

Alright, that rules out mod conflicts, so I should be able to reproduce the issue on my end with the same mod list. If you can reproduce the issue reliably, then I must be doing something wrong to make the bug occur. Could you describe exactly what you did in your new game to get the traits to disappear? Also, have you modified any of the settings files for Starsector or starship legends?

iseethings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 13, 2021, 05:56:30 PM »

I did a full reinstall of starship legends with no edits along with a barebones load out of console commands and the three libs- when I did my test it still happened, and the only edits to the data files of starsector I have made are increasing crew pay and increasing the shipcap for the player fleet.

And... honestly if you can't reproduce the problem on your end its probably best if I just accept it and move on, trying to find out what (REDACTED) algorithm is causing this would be a trial in
madness at that point. It doesn't really bone my game over and if its only affecting me than there's no serious issue. I still get to enjoy one of the best mods on the fractal forums- albeit with a minor annoyance.

EDIT: Forgot to put in details.

The trait kind of goes into a limbo on a reload, just disappears on a civilian ship or two with no discernable reason or error in my log. If I load at all actually its guaranteed for a trait to disappear into thin air for at least one civilian ship. I don't know why it only affects civilian hulls. Its honestly the only reason I don't Just assume its a ram issue at this point.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:01:04 PM by iseethings »

iseethings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 13, 2021, 06:28:56 PM »

Wait, here's a save in dropbox that has the problem occurring. I went ahead and recreated the steps for the bug using the barebones loadout, (Console commands, starship legends, and the three libs.) and every time I load it up one of the nebulas or the buffalo is missing a trait. The buffalo and the three nebulas all have a trait because of semi "natural" XP generation through the console commands if that help.

If your not having the problem with the save I'm having when using the mod loadout and this save then I may honestly be suffering from a bad install.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s3hlzkk7oxcipzr/AAD4wXEjc8a0YCHKYWcNw_eFa?dl=0

Another edit Because my thought process is one large run on sentence: IF none of the specified civi ships have traits and the bug is happening for you, transfer them to the abandoned station and then back. They should get their traits back.

Last Edit of my life I swear: Made an error, its two nebulas. I forgot to save after grabbing the third to continue testing the bug.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:49:42 PM by iseethings »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 13, 2021, 07:59:31 PM »

Ok, I reproduced the issue using the save you provided, so now I'll be able to figure out what's causing it. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the bottom of this and fix it up tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help!

iseethings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 13, 2021, 08:01:17 PM »

Oh god I literally thought I was just going insane. Thank you too for your willingness to fix it and your understanding of the issue.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 14, 2021, 04:23:47 AM »

Alright, got it. Fixed for the next patch. For now, you can prevent ships from losing their reputation hullmods by making sure they have at least one ordnance point used (no seriously!).

The problem is caused by the fact that Starsector takes a shortcut when saving ship data in order to save space: if a ship is not customized in any way, it's saved as a simple hull without all of the unnecessary details of its (non-existant) loadout. Presumably this cuts down on save bloat from NPC fleets significantly. For some reason the game doesn't recognize starship legend's reputation hullmods when considering this, so it won't save them if they're the only customization on a ship. There's nothing I can do about that, but starship legends retains the data needed to re-link the ships with their hullmods, so I fixed it by doing that when the game loads. This same reputation hullmod refreshing/re-linking also occurs each time you leave any station/market, which is why the traits would come back each time you placed the ships in storage and took them back out.

I was testing with ships that either had already been customized or were generated with loadouts on game creation, which is why I failed to reproduce the issue.

Oh god I literally thought I was just going insane. Thank you too for your willingness to fix it and your understanding of the issue.
Heh. Yeah, not insane, we were just overlooking a seemingly insignificant detail. Glad we could help each other! Finding and fixing things like this would be impossible if I did all the testing myself!

iseethings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 14, 2021, 10:07:02 AM »

Welp, explains why I thought it was random hulls. I would leave some of them completely unmodified because I didn't think I'd keep them for more than 3 months. Thanks for Helping me Sundog.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 14, 2021, 07:36:21 PM »

You bet. And thanks again for all the info!

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 17, 2021, 12:06:45 PM »

I’m having a weird issue.  My confit files are all stock for this mod and none of my ships can get more than 3 traits.  The only way they get more than that is if they pick up a negative trait which then can get flipped to a positive one.  This feels really odd as in previous versions of this mod I could easily get my ships to legendary status just by using them constantly but even after a whole play through where my fleet has been more or less constant none of my ships have gained more than 3 traits unless they picked up a negative trait which is really really weird. 

Is this a bug?  Or is this something I can change in the config files?  As it seems odd that my ships that have been around for years and have destroyed the hegemony are only well known.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 18, 2021, 04:39:30 AM »

Yeah, that's not ideal. Sounds like a lot of your ships are stuck in a kind of mediocrity limbo: they can't get new negative traits because they never suffer damage in battle, and they can't get new positive ones because their ratings aren't high enough to justify having 100% good traits (this only kicks in after the first three traits). I expect that this situation would be common for skilled players who are very careful to protect their ships.

Not sure I'd call this a bug, but it's certainly not ideal. I think I'll change it so that instead of allowing the first three traits to ignore the need for a suitable rating there will be a chance to allow it that diminishes based on the number of traits. That will allow ships like yours to continue to improve their perfect reputations, just at a reduced rate.

There are ways to get around it by editing the settings file, but there's no setting that allows you to only prevent this specific behavior. You might want to just increase baseRating or choose one of the "recommended option presets" from the OP.

The only way they get more than that is if they pick up a negative trait which then can get flipped to a positive one.
Flipped? Not sure what you mean.

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 18, 2021, 07:51:23 AM »

Is it normal that all my logistics ships which never go into battle continuously get negative traits?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82