Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768997 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Starship Legends 1.5.0 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #660 on: March 30, 2021, 07:49:03 PM »

We're on RC12 now, redownload the installer from the same link as the previous version.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 30, 2021, 08:36:00 PM »

Where is the new link?

Yeah I don't see any new link the only one I see has the RC11 issue

Yep. What Histidine said. https://fractalsoftworks.com/preorder/
Starsector won't run mods if they're built for a later version of the game than the one you're running, apparently.

hkmist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 31, 2021, 03:19:52 AM »

Rating decrease on damage taken seem a bit too much.
Front line ship lost rating faster than they gain if they get hull damage, even they have deal a good amount of damage in the fight 
Just get a fight a paragon tank and sweep half of a enemy fleet and get a -2.4 rating because it had taken 30% hull damage, it just feel odd

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 31, 2021, 07:12:14 PM »

Yeah, the new default rating difficulty is closer to the old ruthless sector default than the old default without ruthless sector, so some people will find it too harsh. I figured most people playing the game now have had some experience, since the Sseth wave was almost a year ago. The next major update will include features that make alternative configurations much more accessible.

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 03, 2021, 01:44:55 PM »

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but the 0 flux bonus enemy fleets can sometimes get ("Blockade Runner") interacts kind of... iffy with Safety Overrides ships, especially ones with officers. Like, cruisers with 200+ speed sort of iffy. Pathers in particular can make for pretty zany battles if they roll a fleet with a significant bonus to 0 flux speed, given the number of SO ships they generally have.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 01:50:30 PM by Flunky »

Achilles42x

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 03, 2021, 03:29:47 PM »

I adore this mod.

I have one small QoL thought, if you think it makes sense (and isn't a whole bunch of work)- if in the post-battle report, you could hover over each ship and see a tooltip with all of their extra effects' names, and what they do, that would be ***. AFAIK the best way to do that now is to look at the tooltip in the refit screen.

Thanks for your work!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 03, 2021, 08:22:06 PM »

I confirmed last night that damage dealt against stations currently isn't being counted by starship legends. Hoping to get a patch out tonight or sometime tomorrow!

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but the 0 flux bonus enemy fleets can sometimes get ("Blockade Runner") interacts kind of... iffy with Safety Overrides ships, especially ones with officers. Like, cruisers with 200+ speed sort of iffy. Pathers in particular can make for pretty zany battles if they roll a fleet with a significant bonus to 0 flux speed, given the number of SO ships they generally have.
Hmm... not sure what you mean. What's a 0 flux bonus enemy fleet? The blockade runner trait is disabled by default, and only enabled for pirates and independents. So the only factions that should ever get that trait are those two and any mod faction that has explicitly specified that its fleets should get it. So if pather's are getting the blockade runner trait it's a bug. I guess pathers could get the blockade runner trait if they join forces with a fleet from another faction to fight against you, but that should be rare enough that I'm not gonna stress over it.

I adore this mod.

I have one small QoL thought, if you think it makes sense (and isn't a whole bunch of work)- if in the post-battle report, you could hover over each ship and see a tooltip with all of their extra effects' names, and what they do, that would be ***. AFAIK the best way to do that now is to look at the tooltip in the refit screen.

Thanks for your work!
Thanks for the kind words! Long ago I tried and failed to add hover tooltips to each ship's row on battle reports, but I'll give it another shot since the game updated with better mod support.

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 03, 2021, 08:40:20 PM »

Hmm, I may be remembering wrong in the case of pathers, then, though I have had a few Benny Hill fights where my fast destroyer is just slightly slower than a pair of pather cruisers and so is forced to lead them on a merry chase for most of the battle.

The more recent fights have been where I've seen that have been with pirates, and in those cases it's a portion of the enemy cruiser fleet that have SO plus officer plus the +50ish percent boost to 0 flux. That's with non-vanilla cruisers, albeit not ones particularly faster than vanilla variants. That was the only scenario I saw cruisers with 200+ speed, though thankfully those ones generally lack the suicidal fervor of a pather fleet.

I'll keep an eye to see if I do see Blockade Runner pop up on a Pather fleet and grab a screen shot if so. (So if I don't post anything later, assume I was in the wrong.)

Achilles42x

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 04, 2021, 01:02:04 AM »

Quick question for anyone who might know- does damage from your ship's fighters/bombers count toward your ship's damage output for rating purposes?

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 04, 2021, 03:25:42 AM »

does this mod work with your flagship too? or is it only ai/officer ships ?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 04, 2021, 07:35:35 AM »

I'll keep an eye to see if I do see Blockade Runner pop up on a Pather fleet and grab a screen shot if so. (So if I don't post anything later, assume I was in the wrong.)
I appreciate it!

Quick question for anyone who might know- does damage from your ship's fighters/bombers count toward your ship's damage output for rating purposes?
Yes. Fighters are treated like missiles for the purpose of ratings. Damage they deal is counted as dealt by the ship that launched them and damage dealt to them doesn't count for rating purposes at all.

does this mod work with your flagship too? or is it only ai/officer ships ?
This mod treats your flagship the same as any other ship, and it treats your character the same as an officer.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.5.1 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #671 on: April 04, 2021, 12:48:01 PM »

Starship Legends 1.5.1
Compatible with previous versions

Fixed damage dealt to stations not being counted toward ratings

Known Issues:
In rare cases, rating adjustments will not take damage sustained by your ships into account correctly (0% sustained damage on the battle report)
Famous NPC flagships and derelicts from bar event missions are frequently not recoverable after being destroyed in battle

Starship Legends will undergo an overhaul to address these issues and make other improvements, but that won't be ready for quite a while
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 12:52:40 PM by Sundog »

Asherogar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Starship Legends 1.5.1 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #672 on: April 04, 2021, 04:02:00 PM »

Is all [REDACTED] fleets have the same insane bonus? It's been 4th playthrough with this mod and they always has this insane [+21% dmg, +18% dissipation, -20% dmg taken on shield]. Sorry but those bonuses are OP, on top of cranked officers spam it's literally 0.1 shields, 2000+ of dissipation and very flux efficient energy weapons. Can you please tone down those bonuses a bit?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 04, 2021, 07:10:45 PM »

Yeah, I think I will tone down enemy fleet trait effects in the next update. I've been considering it ever since the update that originally introduced fleet reputations, actually. I really like the high bonuses, personally, but I knew people would complain about it. I'm hoping to make it easier to configure in the future, but in the meantime you can reduce the effects by editing STARSHIP_LEGENDS_OPTIONS.ini to lower the "fleetTraitEffectMult" setting.

You can also change the specific traits that factions are likely to get by editing the files in "\mods\Starship Legends\data\world\factions\"

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 04, 2021, 07:13:35 PM »

Hi Sundog. When the storyteller creates a random ship hook, can you add a low chance for it to have 1 or 2 S-mods?  8)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 81