Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768239 times)

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.4.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #615 on: November 01, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »

Thank you

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.4.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #616 on: November 01, 2020, 10:17:07 AM »

No problem! And thanks again. That error requires some very unusual circumstances, so there's basically no chance I would've ever found it on my own. Bug reports make a difference!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.4.3 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #617 on: November 02, 2020, 07:58:25 PM »

Starship Legends 1.4.3
Compatible with all previous versions

Minor adjustments and fixes for rare or minor bugs.
Also changed reputations for redacted and derelict drones to allow their fleets to have much more diverse trait sets.
Full patch notes here.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 03, 2020, 02:39:45 AM »

Starship Legends 1.4.3
Compatible with all previous versions

Minor adjustments and fixes for rare or minor bugs.
Also changed reputations for redacted and derelict drones to allow their fleets to have much more diverse trait sets.
Full patch notes here.

I'm really interested about that better [Redacted] trait variety. I reckon the absolute worst set of traits when fighting remnants would be them getting reduced shield damage taken and higher top speed/acceleration.

That would make them a lot harder to drown in Sabots. Maybe Sprinkle some improved PD damage against missiles/fighters too? I'm just theory crafting here.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 04, 2020, 02:07:48 PM »

So I'm playing a new campaign and came across this:

Spoiler
[close]

I have no idea how I caused this but it did not happen the previous campaign. The only clue I have is that I've fiddled with the vanilla parameters limiting all in-game fleets to 1 officer and their level to 0.

Plz Halp. A remnant sub-ordo with a similar stat list and 3 cruisers gave me enough PTSD for a lifetime

Edit: fixed it! What what causing the trait spam was the fact I set the maximum level of AI fleet officers to 0. Setting it to 1 makes it work as intended!

Edit 2: noticed the picture is not even working since I could not wait 5 bloody seconds for imugr to upload it. Will fix it tomorrow because it's hilarious.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 04:36:23 PM by Arcagnello »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 04, 2020, 05:59:16 PM »

Edit: fixed it! What what causing the trait spam was the fact I set the maximum level of AI fleet officers to 0. Setting it to 1 makes it work as intended!
Yup. Just looked at the code, and setting "officerMaxLevel" to zero would indeed result in erroneous behavior (division by zero). I'll make sure that's handled in future versions. Thanks for pointing it out!

I'm really interested about that better [Redacted] trait variety. I reckon the absolute worst set of traits when fighting remnants would be them getting reduced shield damage taken and higher top speed/acceleration.

That would make them a lot harder to drown in Sabots. Maybe Sprinkle some improved PD damage against missiles/fighters too? I'm just theory crafting here.
Yeah, things can certainly get challenging with unlucky combinations of enemy traits. Increased max speed is one I actually disabled for them to prevent things from getting too crazy.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 05, 2020, 01:22:23 AM »

Yup. Just looked at the code, and setting "officerMaxLevel" to zero would indeed result in erroneous behavior (division by zero). I'll make sure that's handled in future versions. Thanks for pointing it out!

Sometimes all a modder needs to find a bug is enough dumb hamsters fiddling with things they should not. We salute you  8)

Yeah, things can certainly get challenging with unlucky combinations of enemy traits. Increased max speed is one I actually disabled for them to prevent things from getting too crazy.

You should definetly enable max speed traits again once the new patch hits.
The upcoming patch also modifies AI behaviour of the last remaining ship to be incredibly aggressive, nullifying the chance of the enemy cheesing the crap out of the player at the end of the battle. I actually remember almost losing a battle against A SINGLE LUMEN because I killed everything else but I only had overridden ships left getting into the critical malfunction territory whilst chasing it; truly aneurism-inducing.

Also, here's the screenshot. Now try to imagine fighting a remnant sub-Ordo with the same stuff. Heeeeh
Spoiler
[close]

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 07, 2020, 10:04:49 AM »

Sometimes all a modder needs to find a bug is enough dumb hamsters fiddling with things they should not. We salute you  8)
o7

You should definetly enable max speed traits again once the new patch hits.
Maybe. I try to keep this mod fairly difficulty-neutral, and I think the possibility of running into remnants with increased max speed would be a bit too harsh for that. Personally I'm all for challenging and somewhat unfair gameplay, but I think a lot of fans of this mod are more casual.

The upcoming patch also modifies AI behaviour of the last remaining ship to be incredibly aggressive, nullifying the chance of the enemy cheesing the crap out of the player at the end of the battle.
Yeah, a lot of good changes on the way with the next version of Starsector  :D

Also, here's the screenshot. Now try to imagine fighting a remnant sub-Ordo with the same stuff. Heeeeh
Spoiler
[close]
Hah! I would've expected an error message (which would've been better, honestly). That's almost better than the time I got confused about how numbers work and ended up increasing the missile fire rate of ships with "fast missile loaders" by 10,000%...

Sundivingdownloader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 16, 2020, 01:24:16 AM »

I'm suspicious of the fact that I keep getting negative traits after mining (with nexerelin).  I suppose it might be a different mod interfering, but I don't see how.  Perhaps mining creates an instance where the involved ships "don't hit anything with the mining lasers" and "cause no damage" so they acquire traits like "harmless"?  I'll keep testing I suppose.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 16, 2020, 06:39:09 PM »

By default, the chance of civilian ships getting a bad trait is a flat 50%, unmodified by anything (certainly not mining lasers missing while mining). It's likely just a run of bad luck. I'm planning to change things a bit so that it won't be possible for RNG to screw over unlucky ships quite so badly.

Sundivingdownloader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 25, 2020, 08:02:59 PM »

By default, the chance of civilian ships getting a bad trait is a flat 50%, unmodified by anything (certainly not mining lasers missing while mining). It's likely just a run of bad luck. I'm planning to change things a bit so that it won't be possible for RNG to screw over unlucky ships quite so badly.

Thanks.  I recently got a few positive traits from mining as well, so it's not entirely one-sided.  It just feels kind of like one of those typical mod semi-conflicts (akin to one I get in XCOM2 where exiting a particular menu always triggers a particular kind of "random" event.)  Nexerelin does pump up your XP from mining to a ridiculous degree - perhaps it messes with something else too in the background, but then again, nobody else has mentioned this issue (yet.)  Perhaps nobody mines... I knew I wasn't cool.

clown_hand

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 29, 2020, 12:38:09 PM »

Suggestion: the AI should sometimes copy the loadouts of legendary ships in the player fleet.

peppermeth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 01, 2021, 12:02:02 PM »

Is it normal to have warship that have one bad trait even when they are very successful in battle?

I have a legendary ship but it still have the "fuel guzzer" mallus.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 03, 2021, 09:55:42 AM »

Suggestion: the AI should sometimes copy the loadouts of legendary ships in the player fleet.
Why? I'm having a hard time thinking of a way this would improve anything. Maybe I'm just not seeing it?

Is it normal to have warship that have one bad trait even when they are very successful in battle?
Yeah, that's normal. With default settings, only ships with perfect ratings of 100% will gravitate toward have nothing but good traits.

clown_hand

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 04, 2021, 02:08:09 PM »

Why? I'm having a hard time thinking of a way this would improve anything. Maybe I'm just not seeing it?

It would be a small impact the fame of the player fleet on the world. Something like when the legionaries began stomping everything and the king of Pontus made his army imitate the legions.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 81