Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768444 times)

Jethro777

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say how very much I love this Mod.
Finally, a reason to care about your ships.  Amazing.

Jethro777

• Ensign
    • View Profile

May I ask a stupid question?
I have some mods that are adding experience points for things - like mining. 
As a result, my civilian ships level up right away - and usually the traits are terrible. 
How can I adjust the settings to fix this? 
I have been playing with the settings but am not having much luck.

https://imgur.com/a/vNFgclo

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

That's a lot of civilian traits all at once... are you running with a reduced xpGainMult by any chance? Sounds like you might be having the same issue described here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15321.msg288684#msg288684

Anyway, the setting you'll need to adjust is "traitChanceMultForCivilianShips"
Sorry for the trouble!

Jethro777

• Ensign
    • View Profile

No trouble, I really appreciate your work on this mod.
Solution worked for me!  Everything is working very nice now!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Glad it worked! Did you have xpGainMult adjusted?

Jethro777

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I am still playing with it a little - I have a mod that allows mining, and that gives XP, so sometimes it goes nuts when I get a new ship and do mining.  Otherwise, it works.

Wildan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Do I understand this correctly: Unless I edit in the factions from the mods I use, their ships won't be affected by the reputation system?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

No, they'll still have reputations based on the default pool of traits. The integration options are there for faction mod authors who want to customize the type of reputations that fleets in their faction get.

Fleets from modded factions that haven't integrated with starship legends get a balanced set of randomized traits.

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile

Whenever I start the game I receive the message that an error has occurred and that I should notify the creator of the mod. How to solve this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It looks like you replaced the default settings file with an old customized one from before 1.4.0, when I changed some things up. You'll probably want to re-edit the settings file, starting from the default. Sorry for the trouble!

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile

What should we change the 'traitChanceMultForCivilianShips' value to? (to stem the torrent of bad traits)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Set it to 0 to completely prevent civilian ships from getting new traits. Use 0.1 to reduce the chance of new traits to 10%.

chotke

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Why i got negative bonus?  :(

https://imgur.com/nzgPWTh

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Looks like your ship's reputation is probably just adjusting to match its combat rating, which can seem a bit random when a ship only has a few traits.

Combat rating determines how many of a ship's traits are good.
Traits will gradually shift to have a percentage of good traits equal to the current rating of the ship.
If a ship has a rating of 70% for a long time, it will eventually end up with about 70% good traits and 30% bad traits.

Additionally, if a ship's combat rating increases by 1% or more during a battle, it is guaranteed not to receive any negative traits. Likewise, if its rating decreases by 1% or more it can't get a good trait after the battle. If the rating doesn't change much, as is the case for your ship, then the traits will be adjusted to match the combat rating.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 81