Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768632 times)

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile

nope I dont have fuel siphoning
https://pastebin.com/rF0YEH4i
these are the mods that I have I'll try to fanagle more info on why it happens

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Ok, thank you!

@All: Can I get opinions on whether or not this an improvement over the current icon?

I like the laurels, but I'm not a fan of how they're cropped.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile

ok once I have expanded Fuel tanks into my ships and then save and quit the game
(making sure I'm loaded on the max capacity fuel) and then relaunch the game and load my savefile (via continue) the loaded doesnt "update" to the previous max capacity fuel IE the game hasnt thought that there's a hullmod that gives me more fuel until I either play with my inventory (pressing sort) and or reload the save via quick load or just load the current save this might be a vanilla issue and not starship legends per-se

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I have the exact same issue with fuel tanks not updating until inventory play when first loading in. I also suspect it's a problem with the game itself delaying updating the hullmods after first loading in.

My modlist for reference:

Nexerelin
Luddic Enhancement Mod
Ship/Weapon Pack
Starship Legends
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering
Diable Avionics
Interstellar Imperium
Mayasuran Navy
Neutrino Corp
Tiandong Heavy Industries
GraphicsLib
LazyLib
MagicLib
Interesting Portraits Pack
Portrait Pack by HELMUT
Audio Plus
Combat Chatter

Additionally, I'm currently using only vanilla ships and hullmods in my fleet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 01:12:57 PM by Lycaon »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks guys! With the help of that information I managed to fix the bug  :)

relaunch the game and load my savefile
This was the clue I needed. The game was trying to apply the reputation hullmod before starship legends had a chance to load all of the data it needed, so I just forced an update once everything was loaded. The fix will be part of the next update (which will hopefully be soon). Thanks again!

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@All: Can I get opinions on whether or not this an improvement over the current icon?

I like the laurels, but I'm not a fan of how they're cropped.
Personally, I don't mind the cropping there; I'd say it's an improvement.  Though I'd assume that the laurels would only appear for high fame levels?  Or maybe change color or something?  (Copper/silver/gold perhaps?)

Also: I am very much a fan of the storyteller bar event.  That alone makes the Sector feel notably more alive than normal.  Though it does feel a bit odd that almost every derelict has the same traits - reduced effect of d-mods and increased recovery chance.  (Okay, so the increased recovery chance makes sense.  Hm.  Question: will reduced d-mod effect go away or at least start to shift down in priority if I do a full recovery on the ship?)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the feedback on the icon! The current plan is to use the same laurels for all tiers, like this:

I hadn't considered using different colors. One of my reasons for wanting to change the icons was to increase the visual consistency between tiers, but I do think it could be cool to color code them. I'd probably want to keep the insignia the same color as the laurels for each tier though. Maybe bronze, dark silver, gold, and pale silver? I'll have to experiment.

Also: I am very much a fan of the storyteller bar event.  That alone makes the Sector feel notably more alive than normal.  Though it does feel a bit odd that almost every derelict has the same traits - reduced effect of d-mods and increased recovery chance.  (Okay, so the increased recovery chance makes sense. 
Glad you like the event! I think I'll reduce the likelihood of the dmod effect traits from 3 to 2 times as common as normal. If you like, you can edit the chance of each trait in /data/config/starship_legends/factionConfigurations.json

Hm.  Question: will reduced d-mod effect go away or at least start to shift down in priority if I do a full recovery on the ship?)
Not currently, but it's on my list of things to do. I think I'll try to squeeze it into the next update.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Ah, yeah, four levels.  Iron-copper-silver-gold, maybe?  Dark grey with a hint of red, orangeish, blue-white, pale yellow?

Another question on the storyteller event: does it take distance into account when setting the time limit on time-limited derelicts?  I've had at least one go by that ended up as "it's somewhere in this constellation" but I'd have had only a few days to search by the time I could get over there.  (Fortunately, that wasn't one I'd paid for, so I just shrugged and let it be.)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The time limit is always the same. The trick to recovering a time-limited derelict with an unknown location is to go to the constellation and try to intercept the rival recovery fleet so you can follow it (ymmv). Also, the derelict won't just disappear if the timer runs out. It won't be gone for good until the rival recovery fleet brings it back to its originating market and despawns.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Interesting - I've only seen the two time-limited it's-somewhere-in-this-constellation type listings, and one of them I ignored as being out of range, while the other I spent some time searching, then abandoned the search in favor of getting back home with a good distress-call-generated ghost ship before someone's invasion fleet arrived.

I'll keep the follow-the-recovery-fleet trick in mind for future, though; I wasn't even aware there specifically was a recovery fleet, though that does make more sense than the thing just fading out or having its orbit decay after a certain time.

Holmar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.14; Lasting damage effects
« Reply #550 on: April 16, 2020, 01:22:04 AM »

Hi Sundog,
first: Thanks for your work!

The reduction of lasting damage due to fame is not cumulative with the trait earned by safety procedures on level 3 which reduces negative effects of d-mods by 50%.
That means the reduction of lasting damage due to fame gets pretty much useless after gaining some levels. I thnk it should be connected multiplicative so you wuld get around 66% reduction ( 50% + 50%*33%).
What do you think?

Best regards
Holmar

mathyou

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi Sundog, thanks for the mod! I love it!

I have a couple suggestions/feature requests: I'm using shield bypass on my flagship. I think I've been doing that since I started flying it. It's picked up a couple traits related to shields (stable shields and powerful shields) that don't really make sense.

I see that isTraitRelevantForShip checks the trait type against the hull specs (e.g. shield traits only for hulls that have shields) and considers built-in hull mods. Do you think it would be practical to consider other hull mods? At least in vanilla, I don't think there are too many that would affect traits (shield bypass, makeshift shield generator, and converted hanger) in vanilla. What do you think about considering those as well? I realize that would increase complexity in that you'd probably want to check at the end of each battle (or each refit? I'd lean battle to make it harder to accidentally lose a trait while experimenting in the ship designer) to see if the existing traits make sense anymore.

I know I can adjust traits using console commands if this really starts to bug me. I find the available commands a little confusing, though. It seems like the only way for me to remove those two traits and replace them with others (or allow others to be chosen) is to reset the ship's reputation and manually add all its traits back in order. Is that right? While looking for the code for isTraitRelevantForShip, I noticed that there's a RemoveTrait command slated for version 1.4.  Any ETA on it?

Thanks again!

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Shield Bypass is not vanilla.

mathyou

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Shield Bypass is not vanilla.

Touche! I guess it's been too long since I disabled SWP.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey, thanks for the feedback, guys!

The reduction of lasting damage due to fame is not cumulative with the trait earned by safety procedures on level 3 which reduces negative effects of d-mods by 50%.
That means the reduction of lasting damage due to fame gets pretty much useless after gaining some levels. I thnk it should be connected multiplicative so you wuld get around 66% reduction ( 50% + 50%*33%).
What do you think?
I just tested, and it looks like it already works that way. Can you point me to a specific case in which it doesn't? There might be a bug somewhere.

I see that isTraitRelevantForShip checks the trait type against the hull specs (e.g. shield traits only for hulls that have shields) and considers built-in hull mods. Do you think it would be practical to consider other hull mods? At least in vanilla, I don't think there are too many that would affect traits (shield bypass, makeshift shield generator, and converted hanger) in vanilla. What do you think about considering those as well?
Well, you're well informed, aren't you  :P
I've thought about it in the past, but I've always chosen not to consider temporary hullmods when choosing traits because traits are essentially permanent in most cases. However, 1.4 will include a system for gradually removing dmod related traits from restored ships, which could easily be applied to any irrelevant traits. So, yeah, I'll probably end up doing that at some point, it's just a matter of figuring out how to do it right. Your example with shield bypass (vanilla or not) is definitely a problem I'd want to address.

It seems like the only way for me to remove those two traits and replace them with others (or allow others to be chosen) is to reset the ship's reputation and manually add all its traits back in order. Is that right?
Yes, that's right.

While looking for the code for isTraitRelevantForShip, I noticed that there's a RemoveTrait command slated for version 1.4.  Any ETA on it?
Not sure. I wanted to cram a few more things in before releasing, but I'm starting to think I should remove a few incomplete additions and release what's done so far. If you PM me on Discord and promise to report any bugs you find I'll send you the dev build.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 81