Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 769056 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.14 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #525 on: February 08, 2020, 05:29:42 PM »

Hey, welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind words and feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod  ;D

Voiddweller

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Finally! One of the most awesome additions!

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This mod is awesome. Collecting ships with rare and useful perks is very rewarding and fun - like paragon with bonus shield efficiency or astral with faster strike craft replacement rate etc.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile

question about the hull mod pertaining to fuel economy and "enlarged" fuel tanks is it normal that they don't get "loaded" on returning from a save point? IE after loading a game the game still thinks its in vanilla values until you sort your inventory

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm... I'm not aware of any issues involving fuel capacities and saving/loading. I just tried giving a fleet of ships the +fuel capacity trait, topping off the fleet's fuel, saving, and reloading, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Are you using an old version of Fuel siphoning by any chance? At one point it had some hacky code involving fuel stacks.

@Voiddweller & Vind: Glad you guys like it  ;D

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

In my never humble opinion, this is the best mod for the game. Adds an entire new mechanic that meshes seamlessly, while also complimenting the designers original intent of making it more viable to replace than to repair ships. Now you have a reason to consider repairing, and i absolutely love it.

Voiddweller

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I got a question: Do traits stack, or if you got one, say 7% damage increase you'll never get trait of this type again?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@Stormy Fairweather:  ;D

@Voiddweller: You can't get traits of the same type, but the effects of two different traits will stack if they affect the same thing. For example, Deadly (increases all damage) will stack with Smooth Focusing Lenses (increases damage and range of beams).

Skullwarrior

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This mod is great but I found some bugs, y saw in battle logs that a ship crew get confident but the ship status is not, and y saw a log where the ship was know for be glitchy and now es armored but it doenst remove the glitchy status, it removed another bonus and replaced with armored, that ship was with a bonus and a malus, and in theory it should end with 2 bonus but it just remove a bonus to put another, but battle log said another thing.
Besides that, good mod. Hope you guys fix it.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey, thanks for the feedback! I know there have been bugs like that in the past, but no one else has reported anything like that for the current version yet. Are you using a version older than 1.3.14 by any chance?

Either way, I'll be on the lookout for mismatches between battle reports and reality during my next play-testing session.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

i've notived traits not being removed when supposedly being replaced as well.

edit -although i have noticed negative traits will 'tier-down', when a ship becomes less known for something so that may be intended.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:50:51 AM by Stormy Fairweather »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It might be intended, yeah. Not sure what you mean about traits being replaced. It's hard to be precise about what exactly is happening with things like this. To clear up any confusion, these are the types of trait changes that are possible:
  • The [SHIP] has gained a reputation for [TRAIT] - A new trait is added at the lowest tier, bumping all other traits up.
  • The [SHIP] is no longer known for [TRAIT] - The bottom-most trait is removed.
  • The [SHIP] is now known better for [TRAIT1] than [TRAIT2] - The two traits switch places on the list.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile

also question if you have the Ample Fuel Tanks trait is it normal that on a loaded save it doesnt get recognized by the game until you fiddle about your inventory?

EdisonTrent

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The Pseudo-randomness of Diablo style loot, but with an ability to be carefully managed by your own performance (or config settings).
Perfect to add to a more in depth playthrough now that I've gotten used to the base game.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

That's the goal. Hope you like it!  :D

also question if you have the Ample Fuel Tanks trait is it normal that on a loaded save it doesnt get recognized by the game until you fiddle about your inventory?
No, that's not normal, or at least it's not supposed to be. Did you see my previous reply (below)? If you can give me instructions for a way to make this bug happen reliably I'll probably be able to fix it.
Hmm... I'm not aware of any issues involving fuel capacities and saving/loading. I just tried giving a fleet of ships the +fuel capacity trait, topping off the fleet's fuel, saving, and reloading, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Are you using an old version of Fuel siphoning by any chance? At one point it had some hacky code involving fuel stacks.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 81