Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768975 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.11 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #450 on: November 14, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »

Wow, thanks for all the investigative work! Looks like the timer for removing reputations is resetting at the beginning of each month, making it impossible for reputations that require more than 30 days to reset. Whenever I've tested this in the past I've always set "daysMothballedPerTraitToResetReputation" to 2 or 3, so I never noticed this problem. I should be able to get a patch out in a few days. Thanks again for all your help with this!

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 14, 2019, 05:57:18 PM »

Haha, no problem. I'm just glad to have been able to help. Even if the problem was something less complicated than I thought it was lol.

Keep up the awesome work!

Kyatzli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 14, 2019, 11:40:11 PM »

I've recently updated the Starship Legends version my game uses, but now I get a 'Please notify the author' message that just has 'null' instead of any useful information. After the first ~5-10 seconds of gameplay, it becomes a constant popup, to the point where the game is literally unplayable because as soon as I close the notice it pops up again.

The older version of Starship Legends, which worked fine a few days ago, did not do this. What can I do to help figure out what's going wrong?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 15, 2019, 06:46:23 AM »

Thanks for reporting this, and sorry for the trouble! Do you know which version you updated from? Could you send me the log file at starsector-core/starsector.log or post the last hundred or so lines of it here? If you've changed the options file, could you send that as well?

Kyatzli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 15, 2019, 09:56:26 AM »

It doesn't seem to have a changelog, but I think it was 1.1.11.

29772 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.FactionConfig  - Reading custom section for faction: hegemony
29772 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.FactionConfig  - Reading custom section for faction: knights_of_ludd
29772 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.FactionConfig  - Reading custom section for faction: luddic_path
29772 [Thread-4] INFO  starship_legends.FactionConfig  - Reading custom section for faction: tritachyon
29983 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 34
29983 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 35
30032 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 36
30032 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 37
30034 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 38
30034 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 39 - last
31756 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
31995 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
31996 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
36410 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Creating trade fleet of tier 5.0 for market [Asher]
36743 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
36967 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Volturn to Tibicena
36996 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
36996 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
37568 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Creating trade fleet of tier 9.0 for market [Kazeron]
37578 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Creating trade fleet of tier 9.0 for market [Cruor]
37614 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Creating trade fleet of tier 5.0 for market [Cruor]
37658 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Creating trade fleet of tier 6.0 for market [Sindria]
37665 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Creating trade fleet of tier 6.0 for market [Nortia]
38997 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
38997 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
51553 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Creating trade fleet of tier 8.0 for market [Sindria]
51800 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
51999 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
52678 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel  - Created AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel: Domain-era Probe, faction: Luddic Church
53179 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - Spawned fleet [pirate raiders] at hyperloc Vector2f[-10600.0, -1200.0]
53454 [Thread-4] ERROR starship_legends.ModPlugin  - null
    starship_legends.RepChange.apply(RepChange.java:129)
    starship_legends.CampaignScript.advance(CampaignScript.java:547)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

54804 [Thread-4] ERROR starship_legends.ModPlugin  - null
    starship_legends.RepChange.apply(RepChange.java:129)
    starship_legends.CampaignScript.advance(CampaignScript.java:547)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

64525 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
65000 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
65000 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]

That's the last few, above that it's pretty much just loading standard Starsector stuff. I didn't change the Options file as far as I can remember.

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 15, 2019, 10:02:08 AM »

It doesn't seem to have a changelog, but I think it was 1.1.11.

The changelog should be in the modfile for SSL. File path should look like C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\Starship Legends and the changelog should be just a "text document" type file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kyatzli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 15, 2019, 11:30:57 AM »

Yeah, I know. It doesn't have one. The more recent version does, but the old one doesn't. the Mod_info.json file lists it as 1.0, but I don't think it gets changed between versions.

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 15, 2019, 12:38:01 PM »

Yeah, I know. It doesn't have one. The more recent version does, but the old one doesn't. the Mod_info.json file lists it as 1.0, but I don't think it gets changed between versions.

Mine currently does

{
   "id":"sun_starship_legends",
   "name":"Starship Legends",
    "utility": "false",
   "author":"Sundog",
   "version":"1.3.11",
   "description":"Gives your ships and their crew personality as their reputations grow, granting traits that influence the ship's performance.",
    "gameVersion":"0.9.1a-RC8",
   "jars":["jars/StarshipLegends.jar"],
    "modPlugin":"starship_legends.ModPlugin",
}

Do you remember around when you last updated it? That might help a bit.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 15, 2019, 06:12:30 PM »

I do change it between versions, and 1.0 should be the only version without a changelog, so it looks like the original version you were using was indeed 1.0. I do my best to make sure new versions are save compatible, but going from 1.0.0 to 1.3.11 is quite a leap, so I'm not surprised there was some trouble.

After looking at the code, it looks like the problem is caused by a reputation change being queued that later versions don't handle correctly, so sorry about that! I'll make sure this type of situation is handled more gracefully in the future.

For now, it should be possible to use new versions of starship legends if that reputation change is removed from the queue, which you can do by loading your game with starship legends 1.0 and waiting for all of the reputation change notifications to show up. Alternatively, you could set "removeAllDataAndFeatures" to true at the bottom of the options file, load up your game, save it, close starsector, and change the setting back to false. That should delete all starship legends data, including the problematic reputation change.

Again, sorry for the trouble, and thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Kyatzli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 15, 2019, 07:20:11 PM »

Thanks for figuring out the problem!
I've done what you said and it's all working now, thanks again!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 15, 2019, 07:35:09 PM »

No problem! Glad it worked  :)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.12 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #461 on: November 18, 2019, 12:24:54 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.12
Compatible with all previous versions

Fixed reputation resets never occuring if the required time to clear the ship's reputation exceded 30 days
Fixed loyalty to the player character being reset for a ship if the reputation hullmod tooltip was viewed without any captain being assigned
Fixed storyteller events breaking if the game was saved and reloaded between first seeing the event and accepting it
Fixed an error that could occur when updating from very old versions of starship legends
Fixed a few typos
Added new integration functionality meant to make it easy for mod authors to allow retrofitted ships to retain their reputations:
   starship_legends.Reputation.transferReputation(FleetMemberAPI from, FleetMemberAPI to)

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 18, 2019, 01:26:01 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.12
Compatible with all previous versions

Fixed reputation resets never occuring if the required time to clear the ship's reputation exceded 30 days
Fixed loyalty to the player character being reset for a ship if the reputation hullmod tooltip was viewed without any captain being assigned
Fixed storyteller events breaking if the game was saved and reloaded between first seeing the event and accepting it
Fixed an error that could occur when updating from very old versions of starship legends
Fixed a few typos
Added new integration functionality meant to make it easy for mod authors to allow retrofitted ships to retain their reputations:
   starship_legends.Reputation.transferReputation(FleetMemberAPI from, FleetMemberAPI to)

Nice! Grats on mod status!

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 18, 2019, 02:46:11 PM »

Congratulations, for the stars rocks and titles, sundog. :)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 19, 2019, 05:27:52 PM »

Thanks guys  :)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 81