Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 769009 times)

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.9 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #420 on: October 28, 2019, 11:51:08 PM »

I did get that error again in the new version just fyi. But I am also still seeing 19270872 story tellers. I might have installed it wrong (which is possible and easy fix). Or it could just not be affecting my campaign at the moment (I played for about 2 in-game years after updating) and I need to start a new campaign.

But I definitely think the memory leak is much lessened or gone now tho. I am still seeing a few but that's probably from Tahlan's or Nex or one of the other bigger mods I'm running.

^^

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 29, 2019, 12:25:47 AM »

I'm still seeing plenty of new storytellers with 1.3.9 (in both old and new saves). Not sure what could be causing them not to show up. Have you edited the options file at all?

I haven't touched the options at all.  I will try 1.3.9 version again just to see if I possibly made a mistake while updating.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 29, 2019, 01:18:40 AM »

I did get that error again in the new version just fyi.
I guess I was wrong about the cause and didn't actually fix it. I never did manage to reproduce it. To make sure it's the same thing, could you PM me the error message from the log? It might look the same as the one from 1.3.8, but it'll have some small differences that are important.

But I am also still seeing 19270872 story tellers.
I likely just didn't reduce the frequency enough to make much of a difference. I might also need to increase some of their cooldowns.

I haven't touched the options at all.  I will try 1.3.9 version again just to see if I possibly made a mistake while updating.
How many markets did you check without seeing any storytellers? It might have just been bad luck. It's also possible for faction mods to disable storytellers at their market's, but as far as I know no one has done that. What kinds of markets have you been checking? Were they all owned by the same modded faction?

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 29, 2019, 04:29:05 AM »

Well, I reinstalled the mod (redownloaded, unzipped. Deleted old, pasted etc.) Started a new campaign (was thinking it anyway, and wanting to add a few last mods before I stop adding mods lol).

There are a lot less story tellers now. So probably I didn't install it correctly, or it didn't wanna replace the junk in that save.

Either way, if I come across the error again I will paste it here. But I'll still look at it and compare, see if I can find any differences.

Edit: It is different enough (pointing to different specific lines). So I'll PM it to you.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:40:21 AM by I_is_nublet »

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 29, 2019, 10:14:26 AM »

How many markets did you check without seeing any storytellers? It might have just been bad luck. It's also possible for faction mods to disable storytellers at their market's, but as far as I know no one has done that. What kinds of markets have you been checking? Were they all owned by the same modded faction?

It turns out it was bad luck.  I tried it on a new save and it worked fine.  I tried it on the Hegemony, Independents, and Neutrino Corp. (Corvus system)

I also noticed that 1.3.8 isn't working on my pre-existing save anymore.  I got one or two storyteller encounters after rolling back, but I have been experiencing the same issues with 1.3.9 now; haven't been seeing any bar encounters.

I tried 1.3.9 again on my current save, and I'm still getting the same issues as before: no "storytellers."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:48:59 AM by Daidez »

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 29, 2019, 10:55:53 AM »

After more testing, I confirmed that storyteller encounters do work, but they only show up the first time you've loaded a save after starting the game.  I tried finding more after loading the second time:  No dice.

They seem to work fine on a fresh save.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 03:12:29 PM by Daidez »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 29, 2019, 11:42:17 AM »

I still can't reproduce this issue... Here's what I tried:
Started a fresh save
Checked Jangala and Asharu for storytellers
Reloaded and checked Jangala and Asharu again (5 times)

Each time I checked Asharu had a storyteller but Jangala didn't. Am I trying to reproduce this incorrectly?
I don't know why another mod might interfere with storytellers, but it might be a mod compatibility issue. Could you attach your enabled_mods.json?

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 29, 2019, 02:36:15 PM »

I still can't reproduce this issue... Here's what I tried:
Started a fresh save
Checked Jangala and Asharu for storytellers
Reloaded and checked Jangala and Asharu again (5 times)

Each time I checked Asharu had a storyteller but Jangala didn't. Am I trying to reproduce this incorrectly?
I don't know why another mod might interfere with storytellers, but it might be a mod compatibility issue. Could you attach your enabled_mods.json?

It sounds like you're trying to reproduce it correctly.

I am playing on a new save now, so I will let you know if I encounter any more problems.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 03:04:44 PM by Daidez »

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 29, 2019, 06:16:58 PM »

I've been playing on the new save for a while, and everything seems to be working fine.  There must've been something broken in my pre-update save.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 29, 2019, 06:57:16 PM »

Ok, cool. Thanks for updating me. I'm not sure what it could be, but I guess you must be right about something being wrong with your old save.

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 02, 2019, 03:32:28 AM »

I had three storytellers, in three planets in the same system, tell me about the same person, using the same Siegfried dreadnought in the same system.

But in each of these, the special notable traits of the ship were different. Will go there and see if the game has spawned three fleets for me to kill.

Spoiler
[close]

Update: Changed my plans and immediately ran over. Killed 1 fleet, and all the entries disappeared. Looked around the system, didn't seem to be any other fleets.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 04:07:20 AM by Alavaria »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 03, 2019, 09:12:54 AM »

Thanks for the report! I should be able to get these fixes into the next patch:
Fixed the possibility for multiple storyteller events to choose the same target fleet
Fixed famous flagship traits being based on the storyteller's market instead of the fleet commander
(edit: after looking at the code, it seems like this should already be the case. Not sure what's going wrong)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 04:41:57 PM by Sundog »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 05, 2019, 06:40:31 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.10
Compatible with all previous versions

Fixed stat changes from NPC fleet trait not being reflected in the stats cards of enemy ships (both before and during battle)
Fixed NPC fleets having different traits during different play sessions
Fixed famous flagship intel "show on map" showing the exact location of the fleet instead of just the system
Fixed the possibility for multiple storyteller events to choose the same target fleet
Fixed another error that could sometimes close the bar dialog when viewed
Fixed the ability to save-scum storyteller events (the same event will now be generated every time after reloading)
Fixed storytellers telling "fanciful fabrications" (which means an invalid mission was generated) far too often in some cases
Changes for the Excelsior and Royco (script-heavy ships from Ship and Weapon Pack):
         Hull damage no longer counts against rating at all for these ships, unless they're disabled
         Flux related traits can no longer be received for these ships

I also added log entries that help explain why invalid missions ("fanciful fabrications") were generated for storyteller events. Ideally storytellers are always supposed to offer useful information, but in some saves, a combination of mods and/or other factors seems to throw a wrench in the mission generation process sometimes. So if you find any storytellers that are full of crap and want to help me get rid of them, please send me the last hundred or so lines of your starsector.log file.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 06:00:41 PM by Sundog »

DornoDiosMio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 06, 2019, 02:55:28 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.10
Compatible with all previous versions

Fixed stat changes from NPC fleet trait not being reflected in the stats cards of enemy ships (both before and during battle)
Fixed NPC fleets having different traits during different play sessions
Fixed famous flagship intel "show on map" showing the exact location of the fleet instead of just the system
Fixed another error that could sometimes close the bar dialog when viewed
Fixed the ability to save-scum storyteller events (the same event will now be generated every time after reloading)
Fixed storytellers telling "fanciful fabrications" (which means an invalid mission was generated) far too often in some cases
Changes for the Excelsior and Royco (script-heavy ships from Ship and Weapon Pack):
   Hull damage no longer counts against rating at all, unless the ship is disabled
   Flux related traits can no longer be received
/quote]

Are the flux related traits no longer possible to receive on any ship or just the two ships mentioned from the Ship & Weapons Pack? It seems like you are referring only to those 2 ships, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the mod and all the work you put into it. It's great!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 06, 2019, 05:58:17 PM »

Are the flux related traits no longer possible to receive on any ship or just the two ships mentioned from the Ship & Weapons Pack? It seems like you are referring only to those 2 ships, but I just wanted to make sure.
Those two ships use flux in a very unconventional way, so it only applies to them. I can see why you might be unsure though. I'll edit the post to clarify.

Thanks for the mod and all the work you put into it. It's great!
Glad you like it  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 81