Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768394 times)

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.7 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #375 on: October 19, 2019, 03:03:04 PM »

i do wonder, any reason after winning battles my crew hates it's captain/officer more ?
My guess is that the officer's ship took a lot of hull damage in the battle. Loyalty changes are based on a "battle rating," which is basically a score for how well the ship performed in the battle. Taking hull damage reduces that score a lot.

does this fix by winning battles afterward ? i won many since but the captain rating isn't improving (the ship in question received 0 dmg in those while scoring some assist / kills )

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 19, 2019, 03:33:44 PM »

Yes, it's definitely possible to improve the loyalty of that ship's crew to that officer. The chance to improve loyalty is better if the ship does well in battle. Another option is to move that officer to a new ship with a crew that is indifferent to them. You can also increase "improveLoyaltyChanceMult" in the options file to make it easier to increase loyalty.

OldManHenderson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 20, 2019, 07:24:27 AM »

Is there a reason I've yet to find any storytellers?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 20, 2019, 05:04:34 PM »

Storytellers are supposed to be very common, so you should be finding them in bars at about half of the markets you visit. Maybe more. I'm still seeing them all over the place. What kind of markets have you been visiting? How many? It's possible for faction mods to disable the event at their markets, but I'm not aware of any factions that have done that. By default, storytellers will show up at the markets of any faction that is visible in the intel screen. Come to think of it, the player faction isn't included in that. I'll have to fix that. Have you mostly been visiting bars at markets owned by your own faction? It's also possible to disable storytellers in the options file. I can't think of any other likely reasons for you not to be getting them, but then, if you've visited many markets without seeing even one then it's unlikely to be a coincidence.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2019, 05:23:19 PM »

some ideas for @sundog

it would be nice when

'prisoners' or 'freed captives' after battles could tell some stories
or
after 'rescuing' someone via distress call they would drop some rumor or tip as part of thanks

etc.

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 20, 2019, 07:52:04 PM »

@Sundog

With regards to the civilian ship issue, I'm pretty sure I just had bad rng, I did get a streak of good traits right after lmao. What value would I change to make it so civilian ships only get positive traits?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 20, 2019, 08:34:27 PM »

@Dwarden: Things like that could be pretty cool. Distress calls in particular could definitely stand to be more worthwhile. I'm not sure how practical it is to implement, but I'll add that to my list of feature ideas so I can look into it at some point.

@Starareo: Glad to hear it wasn't a bug, but sorry about the bad luck! Setting "bonusChanceForCivilianShips" to 1.0 should ensure that civilian ships will only get good traits. If you want to remove existing bad traits from your ships you could use console commands. Enter "help starship_legends" to see the list of commands related to reputation editing.

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 20, 2019, 08:38:13 PM »

Thanks!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 20, 2019, 08:42:08 PM »

No problem  :)

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2019, 06:18:56 AM »

When a ship reaches 100% rating and then "overflows" is that amount affected by the ship itself? Eg: a 5-point frigate destroys a 40 point capital ship, which would be 800%, is that what is used, or is the point value of the killing ship not used?

I have a bunch of "ECM support" Buffalo IIs (4 points each) which I assume scratch some paint with their fighters and thus have damage inflicted around 200%,
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 06:48:23 AM by Alavaria »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 22, 2019, 11:07:09 AM »

Powerful ships do need to deal more hull damage in order to increase their rating via damage, so yes, in that sense rating overflow is affected by the ship's strength. However, once battle rating is calculated it doesn't matter. If a Paragon and a Hound both have a rating of 110% at the end of a battle, they will both share the same amount of rating with the other ships.

It sounds like those Buffalo IIs are working out well for you. Do you think the ECM support bonus is too strong?

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2019, 03:14:34 AM »

It sounds like those Buffalo IIs are working out well for you.
Well, when your hull is listed as being at a very low value, I guess it's very easy to scratch some hull and gain a ton of points. They do as much damage with a Pilum+Thunder fighter as a Monitor which has an officer and Ion Cannon + Dual Light Machinegun. But the latter consistently don't get to do hull damage, unlike the fighters who get on everything small that dies.

So it's either bombers/LRMs or just knifefighting with fighters/frigates using Machineguns. Though the ones knife-fighting remnant battleships (or superships thanks to the Seeker mod) are the least well-known, compared to the Buffalos who scratch hull from very far away with relatively little risk (Thunder range of 8000).

Spoiler

[close]
Do you think the ECM support bonus is too strong?
Actually the ECM isn't important, as the most important is just to avoid taking the penalty. But it might make enemies come in closer, though most of the useful damage is done by bombers anyway. Well, the first 4 are handy just on their hull-based 2% to speed, as the fleet deploys with 17% to start with and would like 8 points to reach 25% (while you can use up to another 15 or so to counter the enemy fleet ECM, which is easily done by having those Buffalos carry ECM hullmods).

The combat statistics mod suggests I take about as much damage as I deal out, presumably this is largely cut down by Fortress Shields and vented passively (especially since a lot of the Remnants' damage would be soft flux).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:25:03 AM by Alavaria »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2019, 10:53:43 AM »

Though the ones knife-fighting remnant battleships (or superships thanks to the Seeker mod) are the least well-known, compared to the Buffalos who scratch hull from very far away with relatively little risk (Thunder range of 8000).
Yeah, that makes sense. Your monitors still seem to have very good ratings, but I assume that's mostly from the rating overflow of other ships. That's an interesting fleet composition. I like it.

Actually the ECM isn't important, as the most important is just to avoid taking the penalty. But it might make enemies come in closer, though most of the useful damage is done by bombers anyway. Well, the first 4 are handy just on their hull-based 2% to speed, as the fleet deploys with 17% to start with and would like 8 points to reach 25% (while you can use up to another 15 or so to counter the enemy fleet ECM, which is easily done by having those Buffalos carry ECM hullmods).
Ok, cool. Sounds like the support bonuses are working out roughly as I hoped

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.8 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2019, 02:57:52 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.8
All Starship Legends updates are save-compatible unless explicitly stated otherwise

Fixed storytellers never appearing at markets owned by the player's faction
Fixed fleets from enhanced bounty missions (Vayra's Sector) not showing up as famous flagship targets
Fixed timed derelict recovery mission map icons not having a gauge for the remaining time
Fixed factions with integration data in faction files overriding data for the same faction in factionConfigs files
Fixed ships with no/few missile slots getting missile related traits while ships with many missile slots couldn't
Fixed ships with no weapon slots being able to get weapon related traits
Added a check to remove irrelevant traits (as above) whenever a game is loaded with a new version of the mod
Added a short description of the target fleet's last known activity to famous flagship intel
Changed missile related trait effect descriptions to make them more clear:
   missile reload rate  ->  missile rate of fire
   missile agility  ->  missile maneuvering

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2019, 05:31:10 PM »

Is there a reason I've yet to find any storytellers?
i'm having that problem currently as well...i kind of cheated and used transverse before tutorial completion (yes, i admit i'm that guy)
when you do that no bar events happen...maybe i glitched it? anyways, i'm just in the early stages - after completing tutorial after a year of exploiting samarra - so will edit if i start seeing them again (hopefully after i install this new patch)

yup. fixed
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:35:48 AM by majorfreak »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 81