Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768795 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.2 - See original post for new features!
« Reply #345 on: October 12, 2019, 12:51:17 PM »

First off thanks for the mod. Love it :D

Question: if a kite has militarized subsystems, will it still be counted as a civilian ship for purposes of what kind of traits it will get?
Glad you like it! In spite of having civilian-grade hulls, kites are still considered combat ships by both starship legends and vanilla. I think venture is another example of this. So a kite will be considered a combat ship whether it has militarized subsystems or not. As a rule, the only hullmods that might affect which traits a ship gets are built-in ones.

i think i found a way to exploit this mod, sry, but if i send in a few well armed cargo freighters it doesn't count them as combat capable ships and i can theoretically send in thirty of them and still it would show them as one point in fleet strength, this makes me able to just spam them with no problem regarding your mod and gain mad experience
i have no clue on how to fix this but i just wanted to tell you about this
Hmm... I'll have to give some thought to figuring out the best way to address that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Thank you for the mod Mr. Sundog sir.
You're welcome for the mod Mr. Metadane sir.

Ahah, thanks for the quick hotfix :D All is working fine now.
No problem. Glad to hear it!

This is the last few lines of the error log.
https://pastebin.com/c7bZDZrG
Ah, thank you! I think that tells me what I need to know. It looks like the error happens because starship legends is running out of traits to give remnants. Did you increase "traitsPerTier" by any chance? Either way, it should be fixed for the next release.

@Buff Skeleton and prav: In spite of my shame over releasing that bug, those screenshots are pretty great!

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 12, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »

I'm currently modifying some my ruthless sector settings for the new update, just had some questions. Under # Ship Reputation Tiers #, what does "effectMult" modify? Also, how does the whole famous flagship and derelict bar event chance section work? Thanks.

Deko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 12, 2019, 11:19:43 PM »

This is the last few lines of the error log.
https://pastebin.com/c7bZDZrG
Ah, thank you! I think that tells me what I need to know. It looks like the error happens because starship legends is running out of traits to give remnants. Did you increase "traitsPerTier" by any chance? Either way, it should be fixed for the next release.

[/quote]

Yeah I'm running at 9 traits per tier with a few other changes in the config file here. https://pastebin.com/f39ZYkAv

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 13, 2019, 06:41:20 AM »

i think i found a way to exploit this mod, sry, but if i send in a few well armed cargo freighters it doesn't count them as combat capable ships and i can theoretically send in thirty of them and still it would show them as one point in fleet strength, this makes me able to just spam them with no problem regarding your mod and gain mad experience
i have no clue on how to fix this but i just wanted to tell you about this
Hmm... I'll have to give some thought to figuring out the best way to address that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Determining what ships are combat capable vs purely civilian is certainly a tough issue that might even vary from player to player - I've only used HMI's Junk as a logistics ship, but some players may actually put effort into developing them into usable combat vessels.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.3 - See original post for new features!
« Reply #349 on: October 13, 2019, 12:06:26 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.3

Fixed an error that sometimes prevented fleet traits from being displayed or applied if "traitsPerTier" was set very high (above 8 or so)
Fixed new setting "showNewTraitNotifications" not being applied
Fixed non-lore friendly references to "years" in text instead of "cycles"
Fixed a few grammar mistakes in the bar event descriptions

Under # Ship Reputation Tiers #, what does "effectMult" modify?
It determines how strong effects are at that tier. The "durable" trait, for example, has a base effect of +2% hull integrity, so if the effectMult for the Famous tier is 7, then "durable" will grant +14% (2x7) hull integrity if it is a famous trait.

Also, how does the whole famous flagship and derelict bar event chance section work?
Basically, the higher it is the more likely it will be. If you set it to 0 then that event should never occur.

Yeah I'm running at 9 traits per tier with a few other changes in the config file here. https://pastebin.com/f39ZYkAv
Right! Sorry, I guess I forgot that you posted your settings while I was troubleshooting the issue. Anyway, this patch should fix it. Please let me know if it doesn't!

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2019, 12:53:37 PM »

Thanks for the clarification, love the mod.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2019, 07:10:37 PM »

No problem. Glad you like it  :)

Deko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 14, 2019, 02:55:48 AM »

Yeah the error from earlier on is gone.

I was wonder if this is normal behavior under ENEMY FLEET TRAITS setting: " "traitsForFleetsWithMaxLevelCommander":4, " if I am running 9 traits per reputation tier.
Additionally I have also set officer max level cap to 29 if that has any impact on this

Seems abit excessive to me and I hope there can be an options to limit this maybe in the following formats
A. occurrence/rarity of fleets with matching number of fleets traits to the player
B. some sort of hard cap to fleet traits.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:15:26 AM by Deko »

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 14, 2019, 03:15:25 AM »

Hello! I absolutely love this mod!

Is there a way to change the trait multiplier for NPCs without changing the player multiplier? I want to be make NPCs more difficult with stronger traits while not changing my own.

Thank you!  :)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 14, 2019, 12:44:57 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.4

Fixed flagship bar events generating different reputations for the same ship at different markets
Fixed reloading clearing the reputation hullmod from famous AI flagships
Fixed fleet reputations changing on reload

@Deko: Yeah, reducing traitsForFleetsWithMaxLevelCommander sounds like a good way to do what you want. Starship legends does take officerMaxLevel into consideration as well, so your lvl 29 commanders should have 18 traits. "traitsForFleetsWithMaxLevelCommander" is misleading because it doesn't directly set the number of traits, but scales with the max possible number of traits, which is determined by "traitsPerTier" since there are always 4 tiers. This scaling behavior is pretty confusing (especially considering it contradicts the name of the setting in this case) so I'll probably remove it.

@tantananan: Glad you like it! There's no way to make traits grant different effects for NPCs than yourself, and I'm not sure I'd want to add a setting for that. It might not be quite sufficient for what you want, but you can increase the power of NPC fleets relative to your own by increasing "averageFractionOfGoodTraits" under "ENEMY FLEET TRAITS." The "baseRating" setting is meant to be the primary "difficulty slider" option for starship legends, as decreasing it will make it much harder to earn and maintain good traits.

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.4 - See original post for new features!
« Reply #355 on: October 14, 2019, 10:58:26 PM »

Alright! Thank you so much for all your work! Love the new update! Cheers!

Edit: I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Sometimes the ship that had traits before the start of a battle doesnt have the traits when i salvage it. I'll get back when I experiment more.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:51:23 AM by tantananan »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.5 - See original post for new features!
« Reply #356 on: October 17, 2019, 04:54:16 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.5

Fixed a serious issue caused by famous derelict bar events spawning derelicts even if the quest was not accepted
   These derelicts were bugged, and would freeze the game when interacted with
   Loading a game with this version of starship legends or higher will remove them from the sector
Fixed famous flagship bar event sometimes choosing target fleets that are scheduled to despawn soon
Fixed remnant fleets sometimes being chosen for famous flagship events in systems with remnants and at least one market
Fixed sometimes using up far more memory (RAM) than necessary (longstanding issue)
Changed: All famous derelict/flagship intel is now automatically marked important when accepted
Changed: Significantly reduced the chance for famous derelicts to be in good condition

Also, for those of you who maintain faction mods, I recently updated the instructions for integration with the new starship legends features.
Integration Instructions
  • First, download the example config file and place it in "mods/YOUR_MOD/data/config/starship_legends/"
  • Edit the file to your liking. It's full of comments. You probably won't need most of it, so feel free to delete unneeded parts
  • Load a save file with this mod and your faction enabled
  • Check the log for a message like this: INFO  starship_legends.FactionConfig  - Reading config file for faction: your faction name
If you see that line in the log without any errors following it, then everything is probably working fine.

I'm happy to help with integration in any way I can, so feel free to ask for clarification/help/etc.
[close]

Alright! Thank you so much for all your work! Love the new update! Cheers!
Glad you like it! Cheers!

Edit: I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Sometimes the ship that had traits before the start of a battle doesnt have the traits when i salvage it. I'll get back when I experiment more.
I'd definitely call that a bug. Sorry for the trouble! I think this happens when you join a battle-in-progress that the famous flagship is involved in, but I haven't had time to properly look into it yet since it's pretty difficult to reproduce.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.5 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #357 on: October 17, 2019, 05:52:21 PM »

really lovely mod, enjoyable

i would suggest adding settings with ratios for types of events based on "hullSize"

that allows to define different value for Frigates,Destroyers,Cruisers,Capital_Ship classes
(and other classes (e.g. fighter) or may get added later or introduced by some other mod)

some factions are more oriented on certain size ratio,
thus may want to increase ratio of e.g. smaller ship events over capital ships etc.

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.4 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2019, 10:36:01 PM »

After trying to add this to an ongoing game, it crashed after giving many errors ("null") after the first battle (with Remnants).
I then tried starting a new game and it crashed after I docked at a planet, opened the refit screen (no legend hullmods on the starter ships) and exited.

Mods: CombatChatter, Rebalanced Pilums, GraphicsLib, LazyLib, and VersionChecker only (these have no problems without Legends)
The Legend settings have not been changed from the defaults.

Below is the log after the "new game" crash. I docked at a hegemony planet since the fleet started next to it.
Spoiler
189136 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
189136 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [faction_hegemony_market_03_friendly_var01.ogg]
189632 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at starship_legends.RepRecord.existsFor(RepRecord.java:20)
   at starship_legends.RepRecord.existsFor(RepRecord.java:22)
   at starship_legends.RepRecord.updateRepHullMod(RepRecord.java:39)
   at starship_legends.CampaignScript.reportPlayerClosedMarket(CampaignScript.java:447)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportPlayerClosedMarket(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:38:17 PM by Alavaria »

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.4 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2019, 10:53:57 PM »

Bar encounter with "storyteller" causes station UI to crash when I try to activate the dialogue in ver. 1.3.5.  The event also seems to be unusually common in the system I first start a Nexerelin campaign in.

Mods enabled:

• Lazylib 2.4e
  • MagicLib 0.27
  • GraphicsLib 1.4.1
  • Nexerelin 0.9.4c
  • Version Checker 2.0
  • Starship Legends 1.3.5

Doesn't seem to occur in the previous version, but I haven't found the encounter on the 1.3.4 ver. either.

Looks like it's fixed in the 1.3.6 version.  Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 11:38:13 PM by Daidez »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 81