Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 769092 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.2.2 - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #315 on: September 27, 2019, 01:15:31 PM »

Yeah, I'm confused too. That is a very strange bug. What's the ship? What mod is it from?

The ship got the +CR time trait
I'm not sure which trait you're referring to
Professional Crew - +CR limit
Industrious Crew - +CR recovery speed
Determined Crew - +peak performance time

My best guess as to what's happening is that something about the ship is causing an error in starship legends when it tries to choose a new trait for it, but only when it already has one trait. If that's the case, then an error will show up in the log when it happens.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 28, 2019, 02:56:14 AM »

The trait was Determined Crew
The ship is SRA's Vardr battleship.

I looked at the log but do not seem to see any errors from Starship Legends.

Here's the log, where I loaded, teleported to an enemy fleet and saved right after the battle where the Vardr got a 250% contribution.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 29, 2019, 02:24:51 PM »

Ok, so I couldn't reproduce any issues with the Varnr specifically, but I think I might know why it's not getting any new traits. The most recent version added a rule that prevents ships from getting negative traits after a battle in which their rating improved. The problem is that if a ship only  has one good trait, then in order for it to get a second trait it needs to either lose rating (to get a bad one) or have a rating of 100% (to get another good one), and I'm guessing your Varnr's rating has steadily improved without ever reaching 100%. Is that the case? Regardless, I consider this a serious issue, and I'll be adjusting that rule to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

Sorry for the late reply. I was just about to post this yesterday morning when a branch fell from my neighbor's tree and knocked out my power and internet.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 30, 2019, 01:15:25 AM »

Ok, so I couldn't reproduce any issues with the Varnr specifically, but I think I might know why it's not getting any new traits. The most recent version added a rule that prevents ships from getting negative traits after a battle in which their rating improved. The problem is that if a ship only  has one good trait, then in order for it to get a second trait it needs to either lose rating (to get a bad one) or have a rating of 100% (to get another good one), and I'm guessing your Varnr's rating has steadily improved without ever reaching 100%. Is that the case? Regardless, I consider this a serious issue, and I'll be adjusting that rule to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

Sorry for the late reply. I was just about to post this yesterday morning when a branch fell from my neighbor's tree and knocked out my power and internet.
That does appear to be a likely explanation. The ship being a late-game capital, I think its rating was improving steadily  but not yet at 100%.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 30, 2019, 08:02:16 AM »

Ok, cool. I'm glad there's (probably) not another issue at play here.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 04, 2019, 07:55:45 PM »

There's a known issue in the current version that can lead to an error message when the game is saved and certain unusual conditions exist. It looks like this:
Spoiler
[close]
This error is entirely harmless, so I'm going to put off releasing a new version until I can finish up some other things, but I wanted to let people know about it so it doesn't cause too much alarm.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 07:59:53 PM by Sundog »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2019, 11:19:03 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.0

New Features:
   Enemy fleets now have traits of their own, based on the fleet's faction and level of its commander
   Added a bar event that provides information about famous ships that you can acquire through post-battle salvage or derelict recovery
   Civilian ships now earn traits based on experience earned outside of combat, but no longer gain traits after battle (by default)

Combat Rating Calculation Improvements:
   When a ship earns a rating higher than 100% after a battle, the excess rating is now shared equally between all deployed ships
   Generally improved how the combat rating system decides whether a new trait should be good or bad
   Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in ships not earning new traits when they should

Added a slew of new settings to adjust how the new features work
Added two new trait types that adjust the effectiveness of missiles
Added a new icon for battle reports
Added a setting for disabling (and potentially uninstalling) starship legends: "removeAllDataAndFeatures"
Removed "UninstallStarshipLegends" console command in favor of the above setting
Fixed a harmless error message that would pop up on save when no variants were defined for a ship type
Fixed reputation hullmod listing loyalty levels for officers that are no longer in the fleet
Changed default days required per trait to reset a ship's reputation from 30 to 10
Changed: Traits now have more of an effect, especially at lower tiers
Changed: increased default baseRating from 0.5 to 0.75 to compensate for enemy fleets having mostly good traits

Deko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.0 - See original post for new features!
« Reply #322 on: October 11, 2019, 05:00:27 AM »

New Features:
   Civilian ships now earn traits based on experience earned outside of combat, but no longer gain traits after battle (by default)

The traits gained from this is completely random and ignores the " "ignoreAllMaluses":true,"  setting.

I turned the peacefulxp reputation gain off and I'm now getting an error in the background (red text telling me to contact modder) for Starship Legends everytime I run into a hostile remnant fleet to start combat. This does not happen when I try to engage pirates and it does not crash the game or anything so far.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:55:18 AM by Deko »

koalabog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 11, 2019, 07:19:09 AM »

The newest version seems to have a bugged interaction with Nexerelin. If a planets station is already destroyed and you "consider your military options" it causes an error and prevents the invade option from showing up.

AsterPiano

• Ensign
  • AKA TheLochNessCheeseBurger
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 11, 2019, 10:55:25 AM »

I bought a couple of Hegemony auxiliary Buffalos and have been flying around doing some exploration missions for just under a year. One of them is now famous and the other is well-known.
Is this kind of pace intended? Because I don't feel like I've been doing that much. My character went from level 7 to level 11 during that time which I don't feel is a big jump. All of my civilian ships have some sort of extra traits, meanwhile my flagship hasn't gained any (though, I've only fought some derelict defenses with it so far).

Is gaining traits based on experience or is it also based on the money/reputation you earn? If it's both then I can kind of understand since the exploration missions have been paying pretty well and gaining my character some good reputation with various factions.

Example of civilian ships gaining traits despite very low exp gain

[close]

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 11, 2019, 11:20:04 AM »

I assume that they didn't gain traits from those exact experience gain, but rather that is when they crossed trait thresholds (i.e. 19900 -> 20100) purely on accident. Those gains might not have been big, but they added together.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 11, 2019, 01:10:28 PM »

Thanks for the reports guys! I should be able to get a fixed version out soon!

I bought a couple of Hegemony auxiliary Buffalos and have been flying around doing some exploration missions for just under a year. One of them is now famous and the other is well-known.
Is this kind of pace intended?
Nope! It sounds like I set peaceful xp gain too high and didn't do enough playtesting to realize it. I'll reduce it significantly for the next version, but in the meantime you can change "traitChanceMultForCivilianShips" in the options file

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 11, 2019, 01:53:53 PM »

I turned the peacefulxp reputation gain off and I'm now getting an error in the background (red text telling me to contact modder) for Starship Legends everytime I run into a hostile remnant fleet to start combat.
I'm having a hard time reproducing this one. Could you send me the last hundred or so lines of the log file (starsector-core/starsector.log) after this error happens?

Edit: Hmm... so it looks like an error will occur at that point if the options file could not be read. Are you certain you didn't make any formatting mistakes when editing the peaceful xp gain rate? If that's the case, you should be getting an error when your save loads as well.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 02:59:14 PM by Sundog »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 11, 2019, 03:12:31 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.1

Fixed an error that would occur when "Consider your military options" was chosen for a market that has no defenses
Fixed a mod conflict that would prevent Nexerelin from showing the option to launch invasions on markets
Fixed ships getting negative traits via peaceful xp when the "ignoreAllMaluses" option is set to true
Fixed the likelihood of civilian ships to earn traits from peaceful xp being far too high (reduced by 80%)

exelsiar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.1 - See original post for new features!
« Reply #329 on: October 11, 2019, 06:36:23 PM »

Hi, loving the mod, and like the new update. Only 1 issue thats bugging me. The notifications on the left of the screen about civilian bonus's is really anoying, is there a way to turn that feature off?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 81