Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768740 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.2.2 - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2019, 08:15:09 AM »

Ok, thank you for the answer. The problem was not a bad trait for a civilian ship but a bad trait (or any trait) for a ship that didn’t participate in a battle.
Yeah, I hear ya. In the future civilian ships will earn traits only for XP earned outside of battle, but for now battles are the only way for them to get traits.

Added a new contributing factor to rating calculation that is meant to benifit support ships
   Ratings are now increased based on hull damage dealt by all allied ships during any engagement in which the ship was deployed
Nice, hopefully this also fixes the problem where a high-performing ship could cause other ships to bleed rating by stealing all their kills.
It should help, but the problem still exists. I've thought about maybe making excess rating gains for one ship spill over to all the others somehow, but that might get hairy in terms of implementation, not to mention complicating an already-too-complex mechanic.

Szass Tam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2019, 03:07:29 AM »

Can i savely change ini setting mid game?

Erythion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2019, 03:12:42 AM »

Can you update the formula on the FAQ to contain supportMult?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2019, 09:36:59 AM »

Can i savely change ini setting mid game?
You can change ini settings without starting a new game, but you do need to restart the game for the changes to take effect.

Can you update the formula on the FAQ to contain supportMult?
Done! Thanks for the reminder  :)

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2019, 01:36:14 PM »

sundog, to expand on that configurable / custom ranks

would need 2 arrays:
strings one to define names of custom ranks
integer to define the values

then into ini files go
e.g.
Code
customreptiers : {"customreptier1name","customreptier2name",};

Code
"customreptier1name": {xpToGuaranteeNewTrait:1, effectMulti:1.01};
"customreptier2name": {xpToGuaranteeNewTrait:1000, effectMulti:1.02};

in your code you can read that seamlessly like any other settings
and integrate it alongside your existing ranks

ofcourse you may expose even more values for granularity of options for each custom rank
i do hope i make some of sense with this ...

for example i would like to add some reputation tier from very low xp of the ship (e.g. from 1)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 01:38:13 PM by Dwarden »

Buff Skeleton

• Ensign
  • UFO Detected on Corpse Radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 18, 2019, 08:51:41 AM »

This is such a wonderful mod. Thanks for the work put into it!

I'm really enjoying seeing how unique my ships become, and sometimes firing officers if nobody likes them, even if their stats are good. Really cool stuff.

If there's only one nitpick, it's very minor, and it's that stuff like tankers and freighters can become legendary even without ever spending a second in battle. It makes sense from a lore perspective I suppose, (people DO work on those ships, and people talk) but it might be nice if you could cap the maximum notoriety to Well-Known or something for non-combat ships, since the ones which actually fight are probably gonna get talked up the most at the bar.

Otherwise, fantastic mod. No complaints.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 18, 2019, 01:28:04 PM »

sundog, to expand on that configurable / custom ranks
I can tell you put a lot of thought into this, and I appreciate the effort, but I'm well aware of what would need to be done in order to make the number of reputation tiers configurable. Unfortunately it would take far more work than I think it's worth. You're welcome to edit the mod yourself if you really want to. Everything you would need is freely available.

This is such a wonderful mod. Thanks for the work put into it!
Thanks! It's been a fun project so far :)

If there's only one nitpick, it's very minor, and it's that stuff like tankers and freighters can become legendary even without ever spending a second in battle.
It should be quite a bit more difficult for civilian ships to become famous/legendary due the XP they get per battle being capped, but I haven't done enough late-game play-testing since I added that cap to know how well it works. In the dev version civilian ships only earn traits from non-combat XP (unless they're deployed of course), so that should help keep them in check. Not sure I'll keep it that way. I might just drastically reduce civilian trait chance after battle.

Anyway, regarding reputation limits for civilian ships, I'd prefer for it to remain possible, but unlikely, for them to become legendary. If there's sufficient demand for a limit then I might add an option for it, but first I want to see how things play out once they no longer get traits after battle.

Buff Skeleton

• Ensign
  • UFO Detected on Corpse Radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 18, 2019, 02:25:33 PM »

Yeah good point about capping -- after all, who's to say there isn't some lunatic out there flying a Prometheus as his flagship? That would definitely be deserving of legendary status, even if it didn't survive a single fight :P

I really like when I see logistics upgrades (or even downgrades, since those matter) on my logistics-oriented ships, though seeing a bunch of combat tweaks just kinda makes me chuckle. Ah yes, 5% stronger weapon mounts on an Atlas! Now I can finally take on those remnant battleships. I wonder how the crew even figures this stuff out if they never see battle, unless they spend all their bored hours simulating fights with the other freighters, tankers, salvage ships, and tugs in the fleet.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 18, 2019, 02:46:25 PM »

Added more flavor text for AI reputation hullmods (thanks to Avanitia for all the help with this!)
Awesome. This mod makes everything better.
Spoiler
[close]
This is my life now.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 18, 2019, 02:52:55 PM »

@Nerzhull_AI:
Yeah, I was lazy with the AI reputation descriptions at first...
That's quite the ship! I promise not to tell any Luddites  ;)

@Buff Skeleton:
lol yeah, combat traits on civilian ships are basically just there to be duds and potential personality quirks. Maybe that buffalo crew really is uppity enough to think their freighter is deadly  ::)

I'd like to add enough logistical traits to make it more uncommon for civilian ships to get combat traits, but there aren't many possibilities that work well with both the trait system and fleet logistics.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2019, 08:00:45 PM »

hello sundog,

what i tried attempt was really simple addition to - settings files:

Spoiler

\StarSector\mods\Starship Legends\RUTHLESS_STARSHIP_LEGENDS_OPTIONS.ini
\StarSector\mods\Starship Legends\STARSHIP_LEGENDS_OPTIONS.ini
Code

# SHIP REPUTATION TIERS # custom
 "nobody":{     "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":00001, "effectMult":0.01, },
 "unskilled":{  "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":00010, "effectMult":0.50, },
 "greenhorn":{  "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":00100, "effectMult":1.00, },
 "rookie":{     "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":01000, "effectMult":1.10, },
 "versed":{     "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":10000, "effectMult":1.20, },
 "skilled":{    "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":20000, "effectMult":1.50, },
 "recognized":{ "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":40000, "effectMult":1.75, },
 "veteran":{    "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":60000, "effectMult":2.00, },
# SHIP REPUTATION TIERS # original
 "notable":{    "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":80000, "effectMult":3, },
 "wellknown":{  "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":400000, "effectMult":4, },
 "famous":{     "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":2000000, "effectMult":5, },
 "legendary":{  "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":10000000, "effectMult":6, },

and that accompanied with adding the related hullmod tiers entries
there are two with tier equal 0 for test too
(note the notable_test.png is just for test to see if it gets active)

\StarSector\mods\Starship Legends\data\hullmods\hull_mods.csv
Code
name,id,tier,rarity,tech/manufacturer,tags,uiTags,base value,unlocked,hidden,hiddenEverywhere,cost_frigate,cost_dest,cost_cruiser,cost_capital,script,desc,short,sprite
Nobody,sun_sl_nobody,0,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s has certain NOBODY characteristics.,Reputation of ship is NOBODY with certain traits.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/notable_test.png
Unskilled,sun_sl_unskilled,0,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s has certain UNSKILLED characteristics.,Reputation of ship is UNSKILLED with certain traits.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/notable_test.png
Greenhorn,sun_sl_greenhorn,1,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s has certain GREENHORN characteristics.,Reputation of ship is GREENHORN with certain traits.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/notable_test.png
Rookie,sun_sl_rookie,2,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s has certain ROOKIE characteristics.,Reputation of ship is ROOKIE with certain traits.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/notable_test.png
Versed,sun_sl_versed,3,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s has certain VERSED characteristics.,Reputation of ship is VERSED with certain traits.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/notable_test.png
Skilled,sun_sl_skilled,4,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s has certain SKILLED characteristics.,Reputation of ship is SKILLED with certain traits.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/notable_test.png
Recognized,sun_sl_recognized,5,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s has certain RECOGNIZED characteristics.,Reputation of ship is RECOGNIZED with certain traits.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/notable_test.png
Veteran,sun_sl_veteran,5,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s has certain VETERAN characteristics.,Reputation of ship is VETERAN with certain traits.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/notable_test.png
Notable,sun_sl_notable,6,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s has distinguished itself as having certain notable characteristics.,This ship has a reputation for having certain traits.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/notable.png
Well-Known,sun_sl_wellknown,7,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s is a well-known ship within your fleet.,This ship is well-known within your fleet.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/wellknown.png
Famous,sun_sl_famous,8,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s has achieved fame within military circles.,This ship is famous. People in military cirles have often heard of it.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/famous.png
Legendary,sun_sl_legendary,9,,,,,0,,TRUE,,0,0,0,0,starship_legends.hullmods.Reputation,The %s is a legend throughout the sector.,This ship is legendary. People across the entire sector tell stories about it.,sun_sl/graphics/hullmods/legendary.png
and some bad loyalty tiers
(for some reason adding those caused Error 8 in the UI of StarSector recommending to contact mod author)

\StarSector\mods\Starship Legends\sun_sl\data\loyalty_levels.csv
Code
id,name,cr_decay,trait_adjustment,base_improve_chance,base_worsen_chance,rating_required_to_improve,preposition,trait_adjust_desc
mutiny,Mutiny,60,-5,3.0,0.00,0.00,to,losing control
rebellious,Rebellious,50,-4,2.0,0.01,0.01,to,extremely worsening
disobedient,Disobedient,40,-3,1.8,0.02,0.03,to,rapidly worsening
openly_insubordinate,Openly Insubordinate,30,-2,1.6,0.03,0.05,to,significantly worsening
insubordinate,Insubordinate,20,-1,0.8,0.05,0.1,to,worsening
doubtful,Doubtful,10,0,0.4,0.1,0.3,of,
indifferent,Indifferent,0,0,0.2,0.2,0.5,to,
confident,Confident,-10,0,0.1,0.4,0.7,in,
loyal,Loyal,-20,1,0.05,0.8,0.9,to,improving
fiercely loyal,Fiercely Loyal,-30,2,0,1.6,2,to,significantly improving
yet
[close]
unfortunately i'm sure that will fail to work
as 7 of your class files has references to `notable` or `sun_sl_notable` etc.

i really don't want to rewrite the mod, just expand part with new entries, namely those:

reputation tiers - with new names, levels and linked experience, multipliers (feels hardcoded on too many class files)
loyalty tiers- again with new names, levels (seems that's hardcoded in LoyaltyLevel.class files too)
traits types - new trait names with various effects, description (seems that's hardcoded in reputation.class)

as you can can see,
what i aimed for was to create low experience tiers,
then to link them with even lower loyalty tiers
and planned to add various of additional traits

but because it's all hardcoded then i guess that's vain effort ;(

hence why i asked and plea that if and when you get time and mood
you shall add way define and load custom entries

to ensure your official files aren't overwritten/modded by e.g.

custom_hull_mods.csv
custom_loyalty_levels.csv
custom_traits.csv

and then being able to alter values for custom tiers within settings file(s)

of course , no matter what, you mod is really nice and i hope that's obvious

p.s.
so the error i mentioned above is caused by adding multiple tiers into loyalty_levels.csv
only one entry (line) with new loyalty tier works , two or more will throw error
each is correct and works w/o the other being added :(
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 12:13:13 AM by Dwarden »

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 21, 2019, 09:55:14 PM »

Where do I go to save edit the traits that my ship has?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2019, 11:38:47 AM »

Starship Legends keeps getting some error(s) someways into the playthrough. It got one when I save-copied, which I don't know what the error from that is.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 23, 2019, 08:47:59 AM »

Where do I go to save edit the traits that my ship has?
I would recommend using console commands for that. Sounds like you'll want to do something like this:
ClearRep
AddTrait deadly
AddTrait durable
You can use "list traits good" to see the names of all the positive traits.

Starship Legends keeps getting some error(s) someways into the playthrough. It got one when I save-copied, which I don't know what the error from that is.
Hey, thanks for reporting this. Can you tell me anything else about this error? Does it show up at the end of starsector.log? When else does it occur? Does it show a red error notification on the left side of the screen, or does the game crash?

Since you got an error when you saved, it's likely that starship legends just failed to remove reputation hullmods from your goal variants for some reason (it tries to do this before each save). If that's the case then it's nothing to worry about, but it's still something I'd really like to fix.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 27, 2019, 07:08:32 AM »

I have an odd situation, where one of my ships just does not want to get more traits. The ship got the +CR time trait, and officer loyalty levels up, but that's it. All other ships on the fleet are famous/legendary by now. I tried selling it and buying an identical new one, but same thing happened: CR trait and nothing else.

I would use console to add traits, but I am genuinely confused why it's happening.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 07:11:58 AM by Shad »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 81