Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768227 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.1.11 - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2019, 09:21:23 PM »

Starship Legends 1.1.11 (BETA)

Fixed combat rating adjustments not being saved if the ship had no trait or loyalty changes
Fixed an issue that made it possible for a ship with max rating to get negative trait changes
Fixed ships with built-in phase field hullmods being able to earn non-applicable traits related to sensor profile
Loyalty levels now require certain ratings to improve, from 0.1 at insubordinate to 0.9 at loyal
The CR decay adjustment from loyalty now ranges from -30% to 30% instead of -50% to 100%
The strength estimation of stations is now based on fleet points rather than deployment cost
Battle reports...
   Now include destroyed and disabled ships that were not recovered
   Will no longer disappear as long as they are marked as important (pinned)
   Now show ratings for the battle instead of a persistent rating when useRatingFromLastBattleAsBasisForBonusChance is true
   Now list ships in the order they were in before battle instead of after
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:55:43 PM by Sundog »

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2019, 04:55:41 AM »

The new single-combat rating may fluctuate wildly, but it doesn't get in the way and everything works as it should. I think the median rating, even when using the single-combat setting, still produces a more meaningful number, so you could definitely use the other one as well.

This release feels pretty polished. Thanks for your hard work and being a good sport through all my complaints. ;)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2019, 08:04:09 PM »

The new single-combat rating may fluctuate wildly, but it doesn't get in the way and everything works as it should. I think the median rating, even when using the single-combat setting, still produces a more meaningful number, so you could definitely use the other one as well.
Good to know that the old system is still working properly. I'm not sure what you mean by using the other one as well.

This release feels pretty polished. Thanks for your hard work and being a good sport through all my complaints. ;)
Well, you're quite welcome! Your feedback has all been very constructive and helpful  :)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2019, 11:36:36 PM »

The new scoring method for the 'classic' setting feels almost unnecessary. You may score 150% one combat, then 60% the next.. and neither number really does anything. In 1.1.10 there was only the average score and that at least gave some insight into ship performance long term. You could just use the average score for both systems and you wouldn't lose anything IMO.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2019, 12:51:51 PM »

Starship Legends 1.1.12 (BETA)

Fixed "Skilled Salvage Team" being the only trait that could possibly be earned (introduced in the last patch. it's a long story...)
Improved accuracy of ship-strength estimation for non-player [REDACTED] ships, including those added by mods
Civilian ships are now estimated to have 0 strength, and therefore no longer affect battle difficulty rating

A note about how the strength of [REDACTED] ships are now estimated:
(WARNING: The spoiler below contains actual (but minor) spoilers)
Spoiler
Ship strength estimations are used for determining battle difficulty, so it's important that they're fairly accurate.
The strength estimation of most ships is equal to the supplies required to deploy them, but that value is inaccurate for many non-player factions, like Remnants, Domain Drones, and Blade Breakers (from Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering). To remedy this, the strength of any ship with the UNBOARDABLE tag will be estimated based on Fleet Points instead, but adjusted in order to match deployment cost values according to this formula:
ship_strength = FP * max(1, min(2, 1 + (FP - 5) / 25))
[close]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:55:56 PM by Sundog »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.1.12 - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2019, 02:26:10 PM »

After playing with SL for some time (again), I have to say that while others might appreciate it, to me it's more annoying for trivial reasons than anything. Traits are completely random and you might end up with ships that have negative combat traits and positive logistic traits. Most of the time, it was random enough that I couldn't count on any appearing, so I just ignored and my ships were slightly better at random things. Aforementioned annoyance was mainly because of contextually bad or unexpected negative traits, but I don't think it had such a profound impact on a ship's performance to be worth that anger. Well, except for loyalty, which didn't come up a lot with my playstyle (of retreating when PPT runs out), but it would probably be the most important thing about this mod if I used SO ships, they can often run longer on CR degradation than on their reduced PPT.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2019, 03:03:44 PM »

That's a sensible complaint. I've actually been meaning to ask you about this since I saw a comment of yours about it on discord. One thing that will be in the next update for sure will be these new settings:
Code
chanceToIgnoreLogisticsTraitsOnCombatShips
chanceToIgnoreCombatTraitsOnCivilianShips
There has always been a 75% chance to ignore logistical traits on combat ships and vice versa, but I might increase the default to 100% (I've received complaints about it from two others).

Aforementioned annoyance was mainly because of contextually bad or unexpected negative traits
You mean like ships getting bad traits after battles in which they do well?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2019, 10:13:42 PM »

I don't mind it per se, but I had an extreme situation where a ship had 3 positive logistic traits and 3 negative combat traits.
As for bad traits, I mean -armour for low-tech, -shields for high-tech, -speed for midline, that kind of thing.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2019, 03:12:43 PM »

Ok, gotcha. Thanks for explaining.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.1.13 - Personality for Your Ships and Crew
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2019, 11:52:35 AM »

Starship Legends 1.1.13 (BETA)

Ships that are deployed only to mop up fleeing enemies will no longer count as deployed for the battle*
Fixed a few minor formatting issues for battle reports
Added new settings, both of which default to 0.75 (75%)

*Edit: To clarify, this means that ships deployed in a follow-up pursuit will no longer count as deployed for battle, if the player is pursuing. Ships still count as deployed if the pursuit is the only engagement of the battle, or if the player's fleet is being pursued.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:56:17 PM by Sundog »

AudaciousBS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2019, 05:19:14 PM »

Sweet! Can't wait to see how this plays.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2019, 05:41:32 PM »

Sweet! Can't wait to see how this plays.
Just to be clear; there has always been a 75% chance to ignore mismatches between logistics/combat traits and ships. This change only exposes those settings in the options file.

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2019, 02:06:43 PM »

What about weaponless carriers? Will they also receive promotions?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2019, 04:56:22 PM »

Yes, they will. They might still get traits that affect weapons though

yapper107

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2019, 02:17:01 AM »

How do traits affect certain ships with multiple parts?  Does it handle it as the Officer bonuses, and apply the effects of the ships traits to all of the separate sections of the ship, or do the traits only affect the main hull piece? 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 81