Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 776661 times)

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.1.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #930 on: August 11, 2022, 12:13:58 AM »

Infernal Machine is it's own start with Underworld

antsh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 11, 2022, 06:59:26 AM »

Just wanted to report a missing space and that the "ty" in "loyalty" should also be yellow in the attached pic (I don't know how to embed pictures)
Thanks for pointing that stuff out!  It will be fixed in the next release.

Also is there a blacklist check opposite traits because I found a ship with both Oblivious PD Gunners and Skilled PD Gunners (unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of it)
That's not supposed to be possible without the use of console commands.  I'll try to figure out how it might happen.  Do you remember how you found the ship?  As in, was it a famous flagship/derelict from a bar event, one of your own ships, etc?

I had something similar with lazy and determined (I think) crew. Are they supposed to be mutually exclusive?

Love this mod, by the way.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 11, 2022, 08:56:00 AM »

Also is there a blacklist check opposite traits because I found a ship with both Oblivious PD Gunners and Skilled PD Gunners (unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of it)
That's not supposed to be possible without the use of console commands.  I'll try to figure out how it might happen.  Do you remember how you found the ship?  As in, was it a famous flagship/derelict from a bar event, one of your own ships, etc?

Happy to help, and yes I found the opposite traits ship in the animated storyteller bar event for a wanted fleet leader

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 11, 2022, 10:08:48 PM »

I had something similar with lazy and determined (I think) crew. Are they supposed to be mutually exclusive?

Love this mod, by the way.
Thanks!  ;D
Traits with opposite effects are supposed to be mutually exclusive, yes, but I think the traits you saw might not have been opposites.  The names are a bit confusing, but "lazy crew" reduces CR recovery speed outside of combat and "determined crew" increased peak performance time.  The opposite of lazy crew is industrious crew and the opposite of determined crew is spineless crew.

Happy to help, and yes I found the opposite traits ship in the animated storyteller bar event for a wanted fleet leader
Thanks!  That will reduce the area I need to search by quite a bit.

Although... now that I've checked it seems that you may have fallen victim to the too-similar trait names I came up with the same way as antsh.  Oblivious PD gunners isn't actually the opposite of Skilled PD gunners.  Vigilant/Oblivious PD gunners affects the range of PD weapons, while Skilled/Inept PD gunners affects PD damage.  I didn't even realize they weren't opposites at first, so maybe it's time to consider renaming some of the traits to be a bit less confusing/conflationary.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 12, 2022, 06:34:09 PM »

Thanks!  That will reduce the area I need to search by quite a bit.

Although... now that I've checked it seems that you may have fallen victim to the too-similar trait names I came up with the same way as antsh.  Oblivious PD gunners isn't actually the opposite of Skilled PD gunners.  Vigilant/Oblivious PD gunners affects the range of PD weapons, while Skilled/Inept PD gunners affects PD damage.  I didn't even realize they weren't opposites at first, so maybe it's time to consider renaming some of the traits to be a bit less confusing/conflationary.

Ah I see, might be a good consideration to rename them then since it feels kinda weird having a ship known for having Vigilant whilst Inept PD Gunners (at least imo).

Might I suggest, if finding the renames hard to really differentiate between the effects, to combine them instead (ex: Skilled PD Gunners = +Range +Damage, Inept = vice versa)?

Konturga

• Commander
  • Talk is cheap, but they never said it was free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 12, 2022, 10:53:57 PM »

Could use the format for some of the other options,

"Faulty PD rangefinder/targeting systems" for less range,
"Overclocked PD rangefinder/targeting systems" for more.

Should help separate the crew from the systems, might make it easier.
It's easier surrounded by seas,
A simple safety, Without regrets,
Until the thoughts arrive as the sun sets,
Basking the world in twilight,
As cracks in the clouds bleed golden skylight,
They seem so far away.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 13, 2022, 10:56:26 PM »

Might I suggest, if finding the renames hard to really differentiate between the effects, to combine them instead (ex: Skilled PD Gunners = +Range +Damage, Inept = vice versa)?
Traits only have one effect, in order to keep things simple and clean.  Changing that would require a rewrite of a lot of code. The file where traits are defined would have to be redesigned as well.  Not a bad idea, but not something I can afford the time to do.

Could use the format for some of the other options,

"Faulty PD rangefinder/targeting systems" for less range,
"Overclocked PD rangefinder/targeting systems" for more.

Should help separate the crew from the systems, might make it easier.
Yeah, I'll probably end up doing something along those lines.  Only problem is that some unexpected weirdness might happen in ongoing games if a trait switches from a crew trait to a non-crew trait.

Cheru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 16, 2022, 12:10:49 AM »

Hello there.
Haven't played this mod or Starsector in general in over a year and I kind of fail to receive any reputation on my ships. I've been playing for one in-game year - mining and sapvaging, no fights yet. Am I doing something wrong? Back in the day my ships gained reputation, good or bad one pretty quick. This time I don't even see any reputation info on a ship screen. Are there any incompatibilities? Please help.

Scratch that. Looks like I just had to gain a lot more xp than usual.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 02:24:15 AM by Cheru »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 16, 2022, 04:32:50 PM »

Yeah, the xp earned from salvaging and most non-combat activities is very low compared to what you get from a decent sized battle. Still, I would still expect some of your ships to at least be notable after a year.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 16, 2022, 08:38:44 PM »

Traits only have one effect, in order to keep things simple and clean.  Changing that would require a rewrite of a lot of code. The file where traits are defined would have to be redesigned as well.  Not a bad idea, but not something I can afford the time to do.

Ahh I see, understandable yeah, better distinct names it is then  ;D

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 20, 2022, 11:28:20 AM »

Something happened and the message "Starship Legends encountered an error". Went to check the log and found this:

2161574 [Thread-3] ERROR starship_legends.ModPlugin  - null
    com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.isPlayerOrCombinedContainingPlayer(Misc.java:2112)
    com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.getRecoverableShips(FleetEncounterContext.java:1395)
    exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetEncounterContext.getRecoverableShips(NexFleetEncounterContext.java:64)
    starship_legends.CampaignScript.advance(CampaignScript.java:453)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Frankly, you should just let the mod crash the game instead of making it say that the mod encountered an error

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 21, 2022, 10:45:26 PM »

Hey, thanks for letting me know and sorry about the trouble!  Looks like it might be difficult to pin down the cause of this one.  Did this occur during the post battle dialog?  Any chance there was something unusual about the battle, or does this error occur reliably in your game?

Frankly, you should just let the mod crash the game instead of making it say that the mod encountered an error
Yeah, probably.

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 22, 2022, 03:25:12 AM »

It happened post battle dialog, and there was nothing unusual about the battle. It could be because I salvaged an Armaa strikecraft, but IIRC that was fixed, right?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 22, 2022, 02:11:23 PM »

I'm not aware of any bug with Armaa strikecraft.  Not an incompatibility with starship legends, I hope?

So I don't think I'll be able to pinpoint the root cause, but the stack trace you gave me told me enough to prevent the issue, at least. Thanks again for your help, and just for reporting bugs in general, which it seems like you do a lot. People like you can improve the stability and quality of a modding ecosystem by quite a bit.

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 24, 2022, 06:36:46 AM »

Is there a way to exclude the luddic path explosive tanker from the system? It's a suicide ship so I don't want it accumulating a bad rep for doing its job, cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 82