Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768599 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.5 - See original post for new features!
« Reply #360 on: October 17, 2019, 11:18:16 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.6

Fixed everything broken by 1.3.5 (which was basically everything) - Apologies to those of you who downloaded it

Change log for 1.3.5:

Fixed a serious issue caused by famous derelict bar events spawning derelicts even if the quest was not accepted
   These derelicts were bugged, and would freeze the game when interacted with
   Loading a game with this version of starship legends or higher will remove them from the sector
Fixed famous flagship bar event sometimes choosing target fleets that are scheduled to despawn soon
Fixed remnant fleets sometimes being chosen for famous flagship events in systems with remnants and at least one market
Fixed sometimes using up far more memory (RAM) than necessary (longstanding issue)
Changed: All famous derelict/flagship intel is now automatically marked important when accepted
Changed: Significantly reduced the chance for famous derelicts to be in good condition

Also, for those of you who maintain faction mods, I recently updated the instructions for integration with the new starship legends features.
Integration Instructions
  • First, download the example config file and place it in "mods/YOUR_MOD/data/config/starship_legends/"
  • Edit the file to your liking. It's full of comments. You probably won't need most of it, so feel free to delete unneeded parts
  • Load a save file with this mod and your faction enabled
  • Check the log for a message like this: INFO  starship_legends.FactionConfig  - Reading config file for faction: your faction name
If you see that line in the log without any errors following it, then everything is probably working fine.

I'm happy to help with integration in any way I can, so feel free to ask for clarification/help/etc.
[close]

Daidez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.6 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #361 on: October 17, 2019, 11:39:57 PM »

Thanks for the fix!!   :D

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 17, 2019, 11:47:34 PM »

@Alavaria and Daidez: Thank you both for the reports. 1.3.5 had all kinds of issues that all stemmed from the same cause. I took down the links to it, but I should have also posted here to let people know. I'm sorry for all the trouble, but I really do appreciate you guys giving me a heads-up.

Thanks for the fix!!   :D
You're welcome! But I really am sorry it was necessary at all... Even if it was only up for four hours, a patch should never break anything, let alone the entire mod.

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 18, 2019, 02:34:02 AM »

Yes, seems to work with no problems now, perfect.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 18, 2019, 11:28:27 AM »

hey, just like to say keep it up, my man! this mod truly does add "extra flavor"...especially since i fiddled with the settings.json and have 90+ ships in fleet and 80 officers

Salv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 18, 2019, 12:46:55 PM »

Got an error when choosing the 'ask where x may be found' dialog option for a derelict. The other event type works fine though. Here's the log:

5238865 [Thread-4] ERROR starship_legends.ModPlugin  - null
    starship_legends.events.FamousShipBarEvent.optionSelected(FamousShipBarEvent.java:568)
    com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.BarEventDialogPlugin.optionSelecte d(BarEventDialogPlugin.java:53)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The game was started with the 1.3.5 version, then I updated it to the newest one. Hope this doesn't mean the bar event is busted on that save :'(.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 12:48:34 PM by Salv »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.5 - See original post for new features!
« Reply #366 on: October 18, 2019, 02:33:21 PM »

Starship Legends 1.3.7

Fixed an error that prevented some derelict bar events from being accepted

The game was started with the 1.3.5 version, then I updated it to the newest one. Hope this doesn't mean the bar event is busted on that save :'(.
Thanks for reporting this. It was another bug introduced in 1.3.5. I didn't catch it with 1.3.6, but that bar event should work now with 1.3.7

hey, just like to say keep it up, my man! this mod truly does add "extra flavor"...especially since i fiddled with the settings.json and have 90+ ships in fleet and 80 officers
Thanks! Glad you like it  :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 02:37:19 PM by Sundog »

Reens

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Starship Legends 1.3.7 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #367 on: October 18, 2019, 04:39:11 PM »

Awesome mod!

Some of the traits should require the system they're modifying to actually exist though. It doesn't really make sense that a ship that has no missile hardpoints can have "Fast Missile Loaders" or a phase ship with "Powerful Shields".

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 18, 2019, 05:01:37 PM »

Awesome mod!
Glad you like it!

Some of the traits should require the system they're modifying to actually exist though. It doesn't really make sense that a ship that has no missile hardpoints can have "Fast Missile Loaders" or a phase ship with "Powerful Shields".
Are you seeing that happen? If so it's a bug.

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 18, 2019, 05:07:23 PM »

Is there a reason why my civilian ships always get more negative traits than usual? I obviously don't send them into combat, but I am running Ruthless Sector.

Reens

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 18, 2019, 05:19:28 PM »

Are you seeing that happen? If so it's a bug.

I only noticed it on some modded ships, so maybe its just a compatibility issue. The Vril frigate (from Sylphon) gained the missile loaders buffs - it has 2 small energy, 1 medium energy and 2 built in energy PD turrets. The Royco mod frigate (IBB from SWP) gained shields even though its a phase ship.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 18, 2019, 10:50:35 PM »

Is there a reason why my civilian ships always get more negative traits than usual? I obviously don't send them into combat, but I am running Ruthless Sector.
I just checked the code, and it looks like the "bonusChanceForCivilianShips" setting should be working as intended. It's set to 0.5 (or 50%) both with and without ruthless sector. I didn't notice any significant deviation from this while playtesting either. It's based entirely on RNG, so there's a chance you've just been unlucky. What kind of good/bad ratio are you getting for civilian ships?

I only noticed it on some modded ships, so maybe its just a compatibility issue. The Vril frigate (from Sylphon) gained the missile loaders buffs - it has 2 small energy, 1 medium energy and 2 built in energy PD turrets. The Royco mod frigate (IBB from SWP) gained shields even though its a phase ship.
Yeah, those ships definitely shouldn't be getting those traits. I thought this might be a compatibility issue for the Royco since it's so unconventional, but its shield type is set to PHASE, which is what starship legends checks for, so everything should be working as intended. Were those ships famous flagships or derelicts by any chance? The mod is supposed to check for this kind of thing while generating traits for those as well, but something might be preventing that from working correctly.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 19, 2019, 12:19:47 AM »

i do wonder, any reason after winning battles my crew hates it's captain/officer more ?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 19, 2019, 07:21:00 AM »

This question has likely been asked before, but how do you add more reputation tiers to Starship Legends?

eg; I tried this and it doesn't look like it works in campaign and i'm wondering if it works on your side? Running this with Ruthless Sector.

Spoiler
    "notable":{
      "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":80000,
      "effectMult":3,
   },
   "wellknown":{
      "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":160000,
      "effectMult":4,
   },
   "illustrous":{
      "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":960000,
      "effectMult":5,
   },
   "famous":{
      "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":4600000,
      "effectMult":6,
   },
   "distinguished":{
      "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":12000000,
      "effectMult":7,
   },
   "revered":{
      "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":72000000,
      "effectMult":8,
   },
   "legendary":{
      "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":460000000,
      "effectMult":9,
   },
   "peerless":{
      "xpToGuaranteeNewTrait":940000000,
      "effectMult":10,
   },
[close]
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 19, 2019, 01:03:05 PM »

i do wonder, any reason after winning battles my crew hates it's captain/officer more ?
My guess is that the officer's ship took a lot of hull damage in the battle. Loyalty changes are based on a "battle rating," which is basically a score for how well the ship performed in the battle. Taking hull damage reduces that score a lot.

how do you add more reputation tiers to Starship Legends?
Unfortunately, there's no easy way to do it. It's possible, but you'd have to change starship legend's code (which is completely fine by me)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 81