Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 777821 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.2.0 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1035 on: January 18, 2023, 08:55:13 PM »

Thanks for bringing that to my attention! The mod is supposed to check all storage locations to check if the ship was lost or merely stored. At one point I confirmed that the check included abandoned storage locations, but I guess I must've broken that somehow. Sorry about the d-mods!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.2.0 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1036 on: January 19, 2023, 12:20:35 AM »

Starship Legends 2.2.1
Not save compatible with versions prior to 2.0.0

- Fixed bar patrons sometimes thinking one of the player's ships is a lost derelict, when in reality it's just stored at an abandoned station
- Fixed ships with maxed out traits not being chosen for sidegrade suggestions

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.2.1 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1037 on: January 19, 2023, 12:27:31 PM »

I just tried to add  "Carter's Freetraders" mod and when I try to run the game I get this error message. Starship Legends has been running fine until I tried to add this one in. I posted in that thread but I'm posting here as well just to make you aware of a possible incompatibility issue.

monopoly multiplayer unblocked

Great mod, by the way.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 19, 2023, 02:40:20 PM »

Sundog,

I have installed the latest update and am not having the issue as stated above. I am honestly confused at the error message as it calls for line 445 which CFTmodPlugin does not have. And when I look under Starship Legends code I do not see a pathway to data/scripts but there is a file in the JAR starship_legends\Util$1.class which it may be referencing.

Below is my code for CFTmodPlugin (which should have no interaction with your mod) if that helps:

Spoiler

package data.scripts;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.BaseModPlugin;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.Global;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.PluginPick;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CampaignPlugin;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.econ.MarketAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.characters.PersonAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.ids.Skills;
import data.scripts.world.CFT_gen;
import exerelin.campaign.SectorManager;

public class CFTmodPlugin extends BaseModPlugin {

@Override
    public void onNewGame() {
   boolean haveNexerelin = Global.getSettings().getModManager().isModEnabled("nexerelin");
   if (!haveNexerelin || SectorManager.getManager().getCorvusMode()){
            new CFT_gen().generate(Global.getSector());
        }
    }

}

[close]

I am honestly stumped and perhaps you could shed some light.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 19, 2023, 05:58:26 PM »

Huh. Well that's quite baffling. I haven't managed to reproduce the crash either.

@rogerbacon: Thank you for reporting this! It might be worth reinstalling both mods (being careful to completely delete both mods prior to replacing them). With how strange that error is, it almost seems like some files got scrambled somehow.

If that doesn't work, would you mind walking us through what happened between the last time the game worked correctly and the first occurrence of the crash? If I understand correctly, Starsector crashed with this error while the game (not a save file) was loading after you enabled the latest version of Carter's Freetraders for the first time. Is there anything else that might've been relevant?

@Dazs: Yeah, I'm having a hard time figuring out how our mods even intersect here. I can't find a reference to data/scripts/util.java at all. The class starship_legends\Util$1 is a comparitor that is only used in the constructor for battle reports, and I don't see any reference to it (or anything starship legends related, for that matter) in your scripts. My best guess is that a script that uses a function from starship_legends.Util somehow ended up in the files for rogerbacon's install of CFT, causing Janino to get confused.

turtlebacons

• Ensign
  • Long live the lion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 20, 2023, 02:58:59 PM »

hey! love your mod and have always included them in my runs since i started playing which I'm pretty sure has been since 2019-2020, great work on it, and the reason i'm writing this is that i have a HUGE issue that breaks this mod.

i suspect it's realistic combat mod that conflicts with this mod as it's the only mod that changes most combat-related events. as for the issue it's this: none of the battles register, they happen but when i see the battle log it shows as if none of my ships did any damage or receive any, it only logs when a ship is destroyed and this is extremely annoying as i will quickly get insubordinate crews and negative buffs.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 20, 2023, 07:12:48 PM »

Hey, thanks for pointing that out! This is the first time I've heard about this incompatibility, but apparently Liral already knows about it. That exact issue is listed in the compatibility section of the original post for Realistic Combat. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything we can reasonably do to fix it (edit: Actually, it looks like Liral may have been kind enough to make it reasonable for me to fix this. I'll look into doing so), so I'll list the problem in the description of starship legends as well.

Not gaining XP from damage dealt will slow down the rate at which loyalty and reputation improve, but loyalty only decreases when ships are disabled (as of version 2). To compensate for the reduction in XP from damage, you might want to consider increasing XP from other sources. You can use the in-game options menu provided by LunaLib to easily make adjustments.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 07:47:00 PM by Sundog »

turtlebacons

• Ensign
  • Long live the lion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 23, 2023, 01:00:34 PM »

Hey, thanks for pointing that out! This is the first time I've heard about this incompatibility, but apparently Liral already knows about it. That exact issue is listed in the compatibility section of the original post for Realistic Combat. Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything we can reasonably do to fix it (edit: Actually, it looks like Liral may have been kind enough to make it reasonable for me to fix this. I'll look into doing so), so I'll list the problem in the description of starship legends as well.

Not gaining XP from damage dealt will slow down the rate at which loyalty and reputation improve, but loyalty only decreases when ships are disabled (as of version 2). To compensate for the reduction in XP from damage, you might want to consider increasing XP from other sources. You can use the in-game options menu provided by LunaLib to easily make adjustments.

thank you! i wish you best of luck on you and your current/future mods

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 23, 2023, 01:52:39 PM »

Thanks!  ;D

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 25, 2023, 05:12:00 AM »

Hi, this is from version 2.1.2 but I didn't see a change in the changelog so I thought I'd post it. The last line in orange doesn't seem right, or the note about losing crew for that matter.

Also, I really appreciate this mod, it's a great addition that the ships have a personality, thanks.

Edit: nevermind, found it in the changelog for 2.2.0.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 05:15:15 AM by CapnHector »
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Fordo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 25, 2023, 03:59:58 PM »

Finding: A ship I sacrificed to an Engineering Hub from Industrial.Evolution was rediscovered by a storyteller floating in a nearby system. I recovered it and took it back to a Repair Dock, also from Ind.Evo, and I got another storyteller for the same ship while it was sitting in that "storage". This is probably an obvious limitation -- Starship Legends can't be expected to account for new storage facilities and ways of losing/sacrificing ships in every other mod -- but it was amusing so I figured I'd share.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 04:08:01 PM by Fordo »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 25, 2023, 05:17:46 PM »

Also, I really appreciate this mod, it's a great addition that the ships have a personality, thanks.
Glad to hear that! I really appreciate your scientific contributions to the body of Starsector-related knowledge  ;D

Finding: A ship I sacrificed to an Engineering Hub from Industrial.Evolution was rediscovered by a storyteller floating in a nearby system. I recovered it and took it back to a Repair Dock, also from Ind.Evo, and I got another storyteller for the same ship while it was sitting in that "storage". This is probably an obvious limitation -- Starship Legends can't be expected to account for new storage facilities and ways of losing/sacrificing ships in every other mod -- but it was amusing so I figured I'd share.
Thanks for sharing! I was concerned things like that might happen. The only way I can check if a ship was "lost" is to search anywhere a player might still have it, which can get pretty unreliable when other mods come into play. For the sake of compatibility, I think I'll add a setting to toggle previously owned ships becoming famous derelicts and set it to false by default.

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 26, 2023, 01:16:24 PM »

How long do famous derelicts/fleets last?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 26, 2023, 05:45:15 PM »

Good question. I'll add it to the Q&A section of the OP.

The answer is that it's a bit complicated.

Derelicts will typically last forever unless an NPC fleet is trying to recover it. If that's the case, the time remaining is noted in the intel screen (typically up to 72 days). Even after the NPC fleet recovers the derelict you can still recover it by fighting them before they return home and despawn. If the NPC fleet is destroyed for any reason prior to recovering the derelict, then the derelict will last forever.

Famous flagships and the fleets they belong to already exist before the bar event occurs. Starships legends does nothing to change the behavior of those fleets, so it doesn't control how long they last, aside from trying to choose fleets that won't be destroyed or despawn too soon.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 13, 2023, 05:37:43 PM »

Sundog, ever since this mod was updated for v0.95a and newer (so, v1.5.0 and newer) it now seems to override the XP multiplier that would normally result from lopsided battles via your Ruthless Sector mod; I've tried adjusting as many of Starship Legends' own XP multipliers (via the LunaLib in-game menu) to 1.0 to see if it would compensate, but no go.

I've done this because I am far too impatient to build up reputation the 'intended' way, and picking lopsided fights (that is, lopsided against my fleet) to get rep gains in the double-digit range... and using Console Commands to adjust the faction reputations is too far for me.

Is there a setting in either of those two mods of yours that would let Ruthless Sector's post-battle XP multipliers have higher priority than those of Starship Legends? Or would that require a re-compile via the Java SDK (or similar) after editing the source files?

EDIT: Pardon, it seems that I've misunderstood how these mods interact; adjusting those multipliers in Starship Legends only affects the gain of traits and ship/officer loyalty, NOT player/officer levels and reputation. Now I have to go through each and every one of Ruthless Sector's .ini file settings to see which one will work instead...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 05:46:50 PM by TimeDiver »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 82