Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Skill Changes, Part 2 (07/15/21)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Automated Commands  (Read 11217 times)

Yunru

  • Admiral
  • *****
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2021, 03:09:25 PM »

If it's possible, I'd love one that gives a ship the ALWAYS_PANIC tag (it makes them very missile-happy, and seemingly ups their armour-tanking game too).

Deshara

  • Admiral
  • *****
  • Posts: 1525
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2021, 09:11:59 AM »

new suggestion; there's a setting in officer stances that determines what a carrier will do with its fighters. Aggressive/reckless carriers always hold their fighters for themselves, timit/cautious carriers always order their fighters to escort someone else, steady is 50/50. It'd be great to be able to overwrite this on a ship/variant-by-ship/variant basis. My cautious close support gemini I'd love to hold its fighters for itself to make it safer to sit next to the frontline, whereas my aggressive torpedo strike drover I'd like to pass its fighters to the frontliner that's setting it up for a strike & for itself to go in for the kill once the enemy has its shields broken without a fighter escort
Logged
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Zangetsuke

  • Ensign
  • *
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2021, 10:39:18 AM »

Hello, it's just a suggestion but I think we need a "Direct retreat" order for Civilian ships.
Logged

borgrel

  • Captain
  • ****
  • Posts: 305
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2021, 06:20:22 AM »

Hello, it's just a suggestion but I think we need a "Direct retreat" order for Civilian ships.

do u want civilian ships to automatically receive direct retreat always or do u want to be able to select which ships perform direct retreat with another hullmod?
Logged

Sominar

  • Ensign
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2021, 05:08:19 PM »

Hi, is it possible to add a setting to have officer personality override? I've gotten sick of getting level 7 officers that end up timid and absolutely useless without even any carrier skills to try salvage the situation.
Logged

borgrel

  • Captain
  • ****
  • Posts: 305
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 05:57:32 PM »

its probably possible, (i havent tested if it would work) but i am not going to do it.

that is not adding additional functionality or streamlining existing features.
that is directly opposing an existing game balance.

officers train to max level extremely quickly (3-5 battles)
and their personality can already be shifted by one so if u dont like timid then every single officer u have should be at the very least cautious.
also they cost almost nothing to hire and can be easily disposed of.
just get another officer and try again.
also the personalities types are weighted, so steady is a lot more common than all others.
Logged

Deshara

  • Admiral
  • *****
  • Posts: 1525
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2021, 03:19:05 PM »

small thought; would it be possible to include a feature in this mod that inserts a hidden hullmod onto every ship that at battle-start, if the ship has no officer or the pre-defined AI stance hullmods, randomizes that ship's AI stance so that the game would be a bit more unpredictable? I'd assume the smartest way to do it would be to 5% chance to be reckless or timid, 20% chance to be aggressive or cautious, and 50% chance to be steady, just to reduce the likelyhood of stupid of suicidal AI. Idk how this would interact with fleet doctrine (maybe reduce the chance for each then give a +30% for the fleet doctrine you select?) but i think the inability to predict whether the enemy mule is going to try to hold back at HVD range or if it's going to close to try to knife fight you with its machineguns until after you engage it would make the game a bit more compelling
Logged
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

borgrel

  • Captain
  • ****
  • Posts: 305
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2021, 12:45:59 PM »

great idea

it wont be with hidden hullmods though
and it will require a config file

what options do u want for random personalities override?
ALL_FLEETS
AI_FLEETS_ONLY
PIRATES_ONLY

??
Logged

Deshara

  • Admiral
  • *****
  • Posts: 1525
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2021, 01:14:39 PM »

all fleets, id think. Primarily itd be there to make your enemies more unpredictable, but since this mod also allows the player to freely override personalities on all their ships might as well have it affect player ships that havent had theirs locked in too
Logged
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Yunru

  • Admiral
  • *****
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2021, 01:26:36 PM »

I personally would hate it on player fleets. I set my doctrine standard to the standard I want, with hullmods for deviations. Requiring extra bookwork "just because" is... Yeesh.

As for non-player fleets, as long as they're weighted by Faction policy rather than completely random, I'd say all AI.

Deshara

  • Admiral
  • *****
  • Posts: 1525
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2021, 02:03:14 PM »

i guess it doesnt seem like an increase to busywork to me since i already have to manually set automated commands on all my ships anyway just to get them to retreat when they're defeated/broken down instead of drifting around useless until someone pilum's them & throwing a personality onto my ships while doing it despite having set my fleet doctrine is just a part of it for me

OH! Another feature suggestion; game puts heavy damage & possible malfunction onto every ship unless you override them with something else. I've never had a ship that i wanted to sit around on the battlefield after they became incapable of fighting
Logged
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

ModdedLaharl

  • Ensign
  • *
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2021, 04:43:55 PM »

I would vote in favor of random personalities on all fleets. I will say though, that for my own personal ships, some kind of indication which personality it has would be nice so that I know *before* I start a fight and it burns right into the enemy's face without backup, for example.
Logged

Atmos

  • Ensign
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2021, 09:16:12 PM »

Focus fire on flagship's target would be a good one
Only attack (ship size)
Prioritize ramming (with "safety overrides" installed only)
Only use missiles when target ship is fluxed out

Logged

borgrel

  • Captain
  • ****
  • Posts: 305
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Automated Commands
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2021, 08:02:18 AM »

Next version released.

  • Added forced venting at 80% flux
  • Fixed Personality Hullmod descriptions (Thank you Deshara)
  • Improved highlighting of important values in hullmod descriptions

Venting should not happen automatically if ur manually pilotting the ship
It should work for ur current ship while in autopilot mode
and it should work for any other ships u attach the mod to, redardless of how safe venting would be

Use at ur own risk

Let me know if it vents while ur manually controlling the ship and what caused that to happen please.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]