Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Any tricks to improving Colony Fleet autoresolve odds?  (Read 1226 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Any tricks to improving Colony Fleet autoresolve odds?
« on: April 26, 2019, 07:12:47 AM »

So far, I've had the best results by setting Ship Size and Number of Ships to max, and to disregard officer number and ship quality. Anyone found out if any other settings help the autoresolve chances? Like whether to go carriers or phase ships, and whether any type of ship hull or weapons or fighters will improve autoresolve odds?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Any tricks to improving Colony Fleet autoresolve odds?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 07:26:31 AM »

One time somebody gave some light on how the autoresolve math works and while I can't remember the specifics, the three main factors are officers, ship quality and ship count. Unless there are combinations that are better against specific factions (or better in general), I don't think those sliders do much.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Any tricks to improving Colony Fleet autoresolve odds?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 09:17:12 AM »

Yeah, at least intent-wise, those settings should only really matter for how the fights feel when you join them, and should produce similar strengths in autoresolve. It can't be identical, but it should be close.