Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ruthless Sector 1.6.1 - High Risk, High Reward Difficulty Options  (Read 266905 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ruthless Sector 1.2.7 - Difficulty Options for Better Gameplay
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2021, 12:17:48 AM »

Hey, thanks once again for the detailed feedback!  ;D

The difficulty rating system is indeed inaccurate for several reasons. Unfortunately I haven't managed to identify many ways to further improve it. I agree that dmods are the biggest confounding factor, but I haven't found a solution that doesn't cause worse problems (e.g. further overestimating pirates). I do plan to address the issues with HMI Junkers, although I haven't settled on an exact method yet.

The real problem is with starship legends. I always knew the rating system was doomed to be imperfect. With ruthless sector that's not a big deal because it only affects the amount of xp from battle, but starship legends uses it in a way that makes it too important. Improvements to reputation growth in the next patch which will help a bit, but the next major update will prompt users to select one of several configurations, some of which will not involve any sort of rating system.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2021, 05:47:59 PM »

Hype for this great mod. I know I'll be getting it if/when it is updated :)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2021, 07:51:01 PM »

Well, thanks for the kind words! This mod is in a bit of an odd spot right now, so it might be very different by the time it's ready for 0.95a. The main goal of this mod is to find ways to fix the aspects of the game that trivialize progression, and right now I'm still figuring out what those are. Some of the changes from this mod have become unnecessary, insignificant, or awkward with the new update, so I expect I'll be trimming some fat. Right now, the main thing I want this mod to eventually do is make it much more dangerous to travel through hyperspace, even (perhaps especially) in the core worlds.

Vivelaraclette

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2021, 12:32:45 PM »

And that's perfect, it's unusual to play without your mod and hyperspace seems far too safe for my taste to even try a full explorer job. Thanks again for all your work

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »

;D
Yeah, hyperspace remnants are the feature I miss most. I'm looking forward to getting this up and running for 0.95 at some point

Vivelaraclette

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2021, 09:59:48 AM »

Do you know what's provoking some crash in the 0.95 ? I wanted to remove the part involved after some battle to keep the lower salary and the remnant in hyperspace while waiting for the update

Regards

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2021, 10:23:33 AM »

It uses some out of date code from 0.9.1. When that happens it crashes. I attached an updated build that *should* work with 0.95 without crashing, but hasn't been tested properly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Numenar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2021, 04:18:29 PM »

@Sundog, thank you for this update, i had to drop this mod today due to this issue and now i can get it back in the roster. Will be testing this week.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2021, 05:45:28 PM »

No problem  :)
I really should get around to properly publishing a barebones compatibility update...

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2021, 07:03:32 PM »

I have run into a wee issue.  My faction commission bounty isn't being raised. I went in to the mod's config and changed the commission payout but any changes to the bounty payout do nothing(Changes to the standard commission pay work fine however.). I went into the starsector config and changed the commission settings there and still nothing. I have a commission with the interstellar imperium, which may be causing the issue, but it is weird that is would only be making one part of it change. I looked in the II config and it does not do anything with commissions. I checked nex aswell, nothing that might be overwriting it there either. I cannot figure out what may be causing the inability to change the bounty payout.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2021, 01:54:27 AM »

I really should get around to properly publishing a barebones compatibility update...

Yes give it to me bare I'd really love to staple this amazing mod on back into my game again.

Not getting ganked by [redacted] in hyperspace or outranged by overridden drones with machineguns does not feel right  ;D

I'll also say that combining this mod with other mods that introduce bigger, badder explorarium drones can lead to some challenging fights which I absolutely love, especially when one mod ship has a good shield and weapons or is a litteral 3 section monstrosity called "Wall" filled to the brim with guns with 2x range.
 *Chuckles* "I'm in danger"

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2021, 05:37:36 AM »

Yes give it to me bare I'd really love to staple this amazing mod on back into my game again.

Not getting ganked by [redacted] in hyperspace or outranged by overridden drones with machineguns does not feel right  ;D

I'll also say that combining this mod with other mods that introduce bigger, badder explorarium drones can lead to some challenging fights which I absolutely love, especially when one mod ship has a good shield and weapons or is a litteral 3 section monstrosity called "Wall" filled to the brim with guns with 2x range.
 *Chuckles* "I'm in danger"

What mod(s) add to the [redacted] like that!?  My Einhander would like to see them.

I would be interested in playtesting, as well!  If that is an option!  Tell everyone I will playtest for them just shoot me a dm.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2021, 06:42:52 AM »

I have run into a wee issue.  My faction commission bounty isn't being raised. I went in to the mod's config and changed the commission payout but any changes to the bounty payout do nothing(Changes to the standard commission pay work fine however.). I went into the starsector config and changed the commission settings there and still nothing. I have a commission with the interstellar imperium, which may be causing the issue, but it is weird that is would only be making one part of it change. I looked in the II config and it does not do anything with commissions. I checked nex aswell, nothing that might be overwriting it there either. I cannot figure out what may be causing the inability to change the bounty payout.
Looks like a vanilla issue. Just reported it: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21385.msg323383#msg323383

I attached a compatible-if-not-fully-tested version to this post: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15279.msg322464#msg322464

Vivelaraclette

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2021, 01:06:58 PM »

What a pleasure to go exploring again with your features, aaah this and a larger sector is just perfect

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2021, 04:51:59 PM »

What a pleasure to go exploring again with your features, aaah this and a larger sector is just perfect

I will second this sentiment! I just finished fiddling with my new Asteroid Battlecarriers after around a whole hour (which I highly suggest you try, they're hilarious and from the Asteroid Ship Pack) in the refit screen and I'm now going to bed. Will let you know if the version you gave us has any issues tomorrow!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16