Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Fuel Siphoning v1.4.0 - Convert supplies to fuel at nebulae  (Read 177540 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Fuel Siphoning 1.0.4

Fixed fuel siphoning rate being affected by fuel per unit of supplies

It should now take about one day to fill an empty fuel meter no matter what the fuel conversion ratio is. This should drastically reduce the amount of supplies required to recover CR after refueling when not using Halved Fuel Efficiency and Cost and/or Doubled Supply Cost.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 01:03:37 PM by Sundog »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fuel Siphoning v1.1.0 - Now more useful!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 11:00:19 AM »

Fuel Siphoning 1.1.0

Improved fuel siphoning mechanics:
   Fuel siphoning is now performed at nebulae instead of red giants, meaning it no longer causes CR damage
   In nebula type systems, fuel can be siphoned at 100% efficiency (e.g. 4 fuel per supply if fuel costs 25 and supplies cost 100)
   At nebulae in non-nebula systems, fuel can be siphoned at 75% efficeincy
   Siphoning rate now scales with burn level (conversion ratio is still unafected by burn level)
   Increased sensor profile penalty for siphoning fuel from 100% to 300% to compensate for the sensor profile reduction from nebulae
Improved siphon fuel ability visuals
Added a settings file (FUEL_SIPHONING_OPTIONS.ini) for tweaking relevant numbers, including fuel efficiency and the cost of fuel

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fuel Siphoning v1.1.0 - Now more useful!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 10:06:37 PM »

Fuel Siphoning 1.1.1

Fixed an error that could cause the fuel tooltip to display the incorrect base price in rare cases

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fuel Siphoning v1.1.2 - Now more useful!
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 02:18:27 PM »

Fuel Siphoning 1.1.2

Removed "fuelValue" setting from options file due to causing incompatibility with versions of Starsector other than 0.9.1a-RC8 for Windows

DornoDiosMio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 05:25:02 PM »

This is a very cool idea and I really like the way you've implemented it. The freedom to explore without necessarily having enough fuel to make it back home makes exploration more exciting. The fact that you can use your precious supplies to augment your fuel supply is great and gives you a possible way to get back home.

In a way it reminds me of Star Control 2, when you would run out of fuel in hyperspace all you could do was wait for the Melnorme to show up and sell you fuel for the type of currency they accepted. If there was something like this in StarSector then running out of fuel in hyperspace and getting stranded wouldn't be a killer.

My apologies if there already is something like that, it's been some time since I have played the campaign (just starting now). Trying to find all the mods that I want to use so I can put them in before I start the game.

There is so much new stuff added it is a little overwhelming. The way it used to be I would essentially go out and blow up ships, take their goods and sell them. Rinse/Repeat.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2019, 06:01:55 PM »

My apologies if there already is something like that, it's been some time since I have played the campaign (just starting now).
No need to apologize, but there is something like that. You can use the "Distress Call" ability to request help.

There is so much new stuff added it is a little overwhelming.
Yeah, Starsector and its mods have come a long way for sure! Hope you enjoy fuel siphoning!

Noviastar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2019, 02:03:15 AM »

Nice.  Going to try a Nomad Fleet play through.  I can see it helping when you get stuck and your distress call just issen't bringing aid.  saves so many reloads. 

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 04:05:33 AM »

What is fuelConsumptionMult? Changing it doesn't seem to change the amount supplies used.  Also how can I tell if the system is a nebula type system? Like Corvus sits in a nebula and has many clouds on the periphery yet when I sit my fleet in one of the clouds the tool tip reports "low density".  What's a system that would report "high density"?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 12:16:55 PM »

What's a system that would report "high density"?

From the OP:

It works in any nebula, but it works best at nebulae in nebula type systems.

"Nebula" systems being those systems that don't have a star, just a bunch of planets and a whole lotta clouds. They show up from the hyperspace map as a purple doughnut icon rather than a star.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 04:29:32 PM »

Nice.  Going to try a Nomad Fleet play through.  I can see it helping when you get stuck and your distress call just issen't bringing aid.  saves so many reloads.
Good luck!  ;D

What is fuelConsumptionMult? Changing it doesn't seem to change the amount supplies used.
"fuelConsumptionMult" changes the amount of fuel your fleet uses in hyperspace, regardless of whether or not fuel siphoning is used. The "DensityConversionRatio" settings can be used to adjust the amount of supplies consumed by using the ability. Higher numbers are more efficient.

Also how can I tell if the system is a nebula type system? Like Corvus sits in a nebula and has many clouds on the periphery yet when I sit my fleet in one of the clouds the tool tip reports "low density".  What's a system that would report "high density"?
AxleMC's answer is spot-on. With the "starscape" option off, nebula systems show up as rings, and with it on they look like clouds.

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2020, 07:01:03 AM »

"fuelConsumptionMult" changes the amount of fuel your fleet uses in hyperspace, regardless of whether or not fuel siphoning is used. The "DensityConversionRatio" settings can be used to adjust the amount of supplies consumed by using the ability. Higher numbers are more efficient.

Hi, I tried chaning lowDensityConversionRatio to something ridiculous like 2000, giving 8000 units of fuel per supply on the tooltip, yet the supply drain is still alarmingly large while running the fleet around a low density cloud.  Fueling 10k+ units of fuel used like 3k+ units of supplies...Sounds right?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2020, 04:34:29 PM »

After looking at the code, it looks like the conversion ratio settings aren't actually taken into account... I'll patch that soon. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2020, 08:09:09 PM »

Fuel Siphoning 1.1.3

Fixed "DensityConversionRatio" options not being applied

iW1ndowL1cker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fuel Siphoning v1.1.3 - Convert supplies to fuel at nebulae
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2020, 04:27:50 PM »

So I am having a problem with the mod, I installed it in my mod folder and everything starts up fine and the "ability" shows up in my bar, but it never changes from "you need to be in a nebula" even though I've gone through multiple ones. I am sure this is something simple.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fuel Siphoning v1.1.3 - Convert supplies to fuel at nebulae
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2020, 06:36:38 PM »

Hey, thanks for letting me know about this problem and welcome to the forum! The mod detects whether or not you're in a nebula by checking for the "Nebula" status effect, so my best guess is that the effect is altered by another mod you're using. Are you using any mods that might do something like that? Does the status effect look like this while you're in a nebula?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6