Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Last ship blueprint, unobtainable from raiding?  (Read 8731 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Last ship blueprint, unobtainable from raiding?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 02:20:30 AM »

Oh yeah, I just realized stealth raiding as one of the fun things this game has to offer, after finally ditching the Disruptor- Reaper combo. It was so good it eclipsed almost all the other gameplay styles.

Sneaking lone starliner with insulated engines, is pretty great, and surprisingly ease to accomplish.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 02:33:42 AM by goduranus »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 05:33:40 AM »

By endgame, after exploring about a third or half the sector, I find more-or-less half of the all of the blueprints, and I stealth raid for the rest.  Got to have them all!

For stealth raiding, I bring my endgame fleet plus about ten Valkyrie or Colossus III and as many marines as I cram.  If I can stealth by without a fight, great.  If I need to smash a few patrols and a star fortress?  Annoying, but as long as I get the blueprints after the raid, I am happy.

elite24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 11:36:16 PM »

Man, I've totally missed out on this whole raiding experience up to now, besides a few boring pirate stations. Guess I have to dive in. Any tips for raising blueprint spawns?

And Megas, I have trouble seeing how blowing up a star fortress meets any standard definition of stealth, but I can appreciate your style.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 05:29:02 AM »

And Megas, I have trouble seeing how blowing up a star fortress meets any standard definition of stealth, but I can appreciate your style.
What I mean by stealth raid is raiding the planet (for blueprints) while transponder is off, so that reputation does not drop all the way to hostile.  Much like fighting anyone else while transponder is off.  Sure, I would like to raid the planet without guards in the way, but if that is not possible, and I have no time to wait for guards to move out of the way, then the guards will die and the planet will be raided.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 11:44:44 PM »

I know this threads a little old, but it's what came up when searching for the Legion XIV blueprint.

I just wanted to say that I tried un-commenting the tag that mad the blueprint unavailable.  Unfortunately, it's still not constructable.  Every month I try to construct it the funds are deducted and it SAYS delivered, but no ship appears at the planet.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 12:52:56 AM »

Legion XIV in normal game was a unobtainable by any mean, so mayby it should not be produced, as game dont support something on road: BP-ship-player shipyard.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 01:15:28 AM »

It lacks an entry in default_ship_roles.json, which is required to build any ships or for AI to spawn  them in fleets. It wasn't an issue, since there's no blueprint for it and AI doesn't use them, either.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 01:40:14 AM »

It lacks an entry in default_ship_roles.json, which is required to build any ships or for AI to spawn  them in fleets. It wasn't an issue, since there's no blueprint for it and AI doesn't use them, either.
Yeah that works.  I have no idea why building custom ships would have anything at all to do with default_ship_roles.json, since that file is supposed to define how the ships are used in AI fleets.  My guess is that it's being called to figure out which loadout to give the ship you are making.

long_chin_man

• Ensign
  • HAVE YOU SEEN CHEF
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2019, 03:34:30 AM »

This recent blog post by the devs may make the idea of recoverable "unrecoverables" clearer and more of a reality than a dream
http://fractalsoftworks.com/2019/07/08/skills-and-story-points/
Pages: 1 [2]