Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Last ship blueprint, unobtainable from raiding?  (Read 8673 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Last ship blueprint, unobtainable from raiding?
« on: March 28, 2019, 12:19:37 PM »

So, I've raided Raesalvig and Chitzomotec about a hundred times and collected almost all of the Hegemony blueprints, all except the XIV Legion battlecarrier. Almost every blueprint was collected in the early 20-30 raids, railgun/XIV Enforcer/XIV Eagle etc, and afterwards that point the raids yielded no blueprints. Is there something weird going on? Like all factions having 1-2 blueprints that you cannot obtain through raiding, and must wait until the market decivilizes and find it by combing through the ruins?

I think I noticed the same thing with Medusa blueprint in a previous game too, where it won't show up even after a huge amount of raids, and was only obtaining by exploring the ruins of Culann.

Maybe just bad luck?  Or maybe some sort of n vs n-1 index error, where the algorithm that tries to drop a blueprint the player doesn't have, think the player has gotten all of the blueprints it could drop, even though there is one missing?

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Last blueprint, unobtainable from raiding?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 12:23:23 PM »

For the Legion, you cannot obtain it. Its .skin file has no tag, so is not related to any blueprint, and the game is scripted to make a limited number of ship to be spawn at the start of the game.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Last ship blueprint, unobtainable from raiding?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 12:24:09 PM »

Ohhhh, cool, thanks for the answer.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 02:31:03 PM »

Legion XIV is lost to the Hegemony, only 7 of them can be found in the outer rim, 3 recoverable. They're unique and if you lose them, you aren't getting them back. I think you just had bad luck with Medusa blueprint. Tri-Tachyon uses them and it has a blueprint tag, so it should be able to find it both in the wild and with raiding.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 03:21:21 PM »

Oh, I finally understand why I always see those Legion XIV when I explore. They're quite different from the standard version, weapon mounts wise.

diegoweiller

• Ensign
  • mimimimi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »

So, i sold a unique ship???  :o
- And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."

elite24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 06:02:40 PM »

Honestly, I didn't even realize any XIV blueprints were acquirable. Is the only way to acquire them by raiding hegemony colonies?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 05:47:09 AM »

Honestly, I didn't even realize any XIV blueprints were acquirable. Is the only way to acquire them by raiding hegemony colonies?
Yes.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 05:54:31 AM »

I think there is also small chance to acquire them from stations, and definitely you can buy them in exchange in special neutral station (Lotus station or something like that). If you have SCY it is in scy main system.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 07:00:52 AM »

By default, XIVth battlegroup ships have no blueprint tags but XIVth battlegroup blueprint package, which doesn't ever drop anywhere. Singular ships can be acquired through raiding, though.
Prism Freeport is mod content, from both SCY and Nexerelin.

elite24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 02:15:27 AM »

Yes.
By default, XIVth battlegroup ships have no blueprint tags but XIVth battlegroup blueprint package, which doesn't ever drop anywhere. Singular ships can be acquired through raiding, though.
Prism Freeport is mod content, from both SCY and Nexerelin.
Haha, now I'm confused. So in the base game, with no mods, you can get individual XIV battlegroup ship blueprints only from raiding Hegemony colonies, even though they don't have blueprint tags and you are "supposed" to acquire them through and XIVth battlegroup blueprint?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2019, 05:10:35 AM »

You can obtain the following (XIV) ships individually from raiding either Chicomoztoc (Aztlan) or Raesvelg (Valhalla):  Enforcer, Falcon, Eagle, and Onslaught.

Raiding can yield single blueprints normally available through blueprint packs.  For example, you can get a Colossus Mk III blueprint after you raid pirates, if you have not learned the pirate pack yet.  This is why player can obtain the individual (XIV) ships like Onslaught (XIV), even though the XIV pack does not drop.  However, Legion (XIV) blueprint cannot be obtained from raiding.  The only way to get a Legion (XIV) ship is to recover one of the derelicts placed somewhere beyond core worlds.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2019, 06:22:01 AM »

Most of time there are at least 2 recoverable Legion XIV Battlegroup carriers.

elite24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2019, 07:34:57 PM »

You can obtain the following (XIV) ships individually from raiding either Chicomoztoc (Aztlan) or Raesvelg (Valhalla):  Enforcer, Falcon, Eagle, and Onslaught.

Raiding can yield single blueprints normally available through blueprint packs.  For example, you can get a Colossus Mk III blueprint after you raid pirates, if you have not learned the pirate pack yet.  This is why player can obtain the individual (XIV) ships like Onslaught (XIV), even though the XIV pack does not drop.  However, Legion (XIV) blueprint cannot be obtained from raiding.  The only way to get a Legion (XIV) ship is to recover one of the derelicts placed somewhere beyond core worlds.

Thanks for clarifying Megas, I always tend to go with a very non-aggressive play style towards the main factions to maximize those economic dollars, but still can't believe I never realized this. Based on this, I imagine it would be pretty easy to modify the XIV pack to include the Legion XIV, and therefore get it to drop in the same way as the others (although I'd probably need to add a placeholder image as well).

Any reason why it's only Chicomoztoc or Raesvalg, and not Jangala? Is it simply their size or industries, or is it just hardcoded?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2019, 07:53:50 PM »

Blueprints can only be raided from planets with Heavy Industry.  Jangala does not have a heavy industry to steal blueprints from.  Hegemony is the only faction with two planets (Chicomoztoc and Raesvelg) with heavy industry.  Tri-Tachyon (Culann), Diktat (Sindria), League (Kazeron?), and Pirates (K. Starworks) only have one planet (per faction) with Heavy Industry.  Luddic Church, Luddic Path, and Independents do not have any heavy industry.

Since Luddic Path targets those planets, defending them by killing bases to prevent stability drop is important so that the planets are stable enough to take a stability hit after you raid the planets for blueprints.  It is possible to stealth raid planets for blueprints, and not lose too much reputation.  The biggest limiter to raiding is planet stability.  You do not want to decivilize planets with heavy industries by raiding too much and too fast if you want to raid them for blueprints, and you do not want to let pirates and pathers succeed too much in their attacks either.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 07:56:02 PM by Megas »
Pages: [1] 2