Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is there a possibility out there to "save" your savegame, when a new mod.....  (Read 3730 times)

Kreuzberger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

....force you to start a new game? I mean, starting a new game, but with a saved character/money?
Thanks for any answer in advance...

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yes, the Save Transfer mod is able to help with that, unfortunately it hasn't been updated for 0.9 yet but you can be rest assured that Dark Revenant is working on it.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You're best off using console commands to get yourself back to the stage you were previously. Save Transfer mod isn't a priority and DR has a whole load of issues with it, so you shouldn't count on it for the time being.

Kreuzberger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

" You're best off using console commands to get yourself back to the stage you were previously...."

Can you please describe how? I am not very good with console commands. Never used that before....

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile

" You're best off using console commands to get yourself back to the stage you were previously...."

Can you please describe how? I am not very good with console commands. Never used that before....

I believe he's talking about using the Console Commands mod (you can't access console without this), and just writing down somewhere how many skillpoints/XP/money you had, your fleet composition, colonies owned, etc. But to be clear, if you're misreading what he's saying: There is no console command to force information from a saved game into a new one. You would have to manually input every value that you cared about keeping, even down to stuff like setting faction relations, etc.

Kreuzberger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I see. I just wanted to start over with my exp and money.
I will have a closer look at that mod.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

I see. I just wanted to start over with my exp and money.
I will have a closer look at that mod.
You will need it later on if/ when save transfer gets updated as ST uses the console to move stuff over
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too