Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: [0.97a] Luddic Enhancement (New Version Ed. 1.2.6e)  (Read 355163 times)

AdtrL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Luddic Enhancement Mod 1.2.5l
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2022, 03:02:40 PM »

Download link opens a new tab that says "The site can't be reached." So it doesn't download for me. x_x
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 03:08:16 PM by AdtrL »

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2022, 08:44:43 AM »

After playing as a Pather in vanilla,
they were very underwhelming in combat,
but with this mod, it spices up the Pathers to a pants browning degree.

The IED ram ships just fits them so well and basically turns my favorite Frigate spam wolfpack strategy to space debris.
Battle Carrier Enthusiast | Frigate spammer | Monitor, the immovable pebble | Ludd's 1# Drug Smuggler | Andrada's Worse Gas Station employee he's ever had | Doritos Cool Ranch flavor is better than Nacho cheese, you can't change my mind.

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2023, 04:33:35 PM »

Just a quick shout out. I've been getting back into SS  to prepare for the next chapter coming soon. Uneventful session as usual thanks to a couple hundred hours of practice. Building up my fleet and having fun.
And then a simple Pather bounty. Against a pretty small fleet. Easy peasy pathy squeezie. I just forgot they had THOSE ships.
I lost a third of my fleet to those (bleep)ing IED mother (bleep)ers in the first minute. Pretty fireworks. And then the fight suddenly became less of a matter of course. Managed to win though. Barely.
Please be around for the new version. I think it's one of the modded systems I find the most interesting to shake things up. Fantastic idea.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 06:47:28 PM by TontonBoo »

JohnVicres

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2023, 12:14:10 PM »

Hey-ho. Since it bothered me to no end (my problem, skill issue, no offense to the OC), I've edited and somewhat remade the misspell-laden-descriptions in this mod. Maybe others would like this, so I'm posting it here.
This obviously belongs to King Alfonzo as the mod author, just an unofficial update of sorts  :)

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2023, 08:29:46 PM »

what do i need to edit so the IED ships don't have a shield piercing explosion?

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2023, 09:32:11 PM »

what do i need to edit so the IED ships don't have a shield piercing explosion?
I think src\data\scripts\everyframe\LE_Dram_Missile_Plugin.java. I also think shield interactions is around line 660, but have no idea about the particulars that govern the shield piercing. Also might have to recompile the jar.

ThatsMyFootThanks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2023, 11:26:21 AM »

Had to uninstall this mod. I love it, I promise. I'll give it another shot once I have more nerves to spare...

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2023, 03:33:34 AM »

You could've just deleted the ships you don't like, if you're still fine with the mod in itself.

ThatsMyFootThanks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2023, 08:16:44 AM »

You could've just deleted the ships you don't like, if you're still fine with the mod in itself.

No idea how to do that. I have two left hands so to speak :P

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2023, 09:31:03 AM »

I played a pather playthrough using this mod and Nexelerin and it was a blast!

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2023, 11:35:33 AM »

Well, first you need a good text editor (Notepad ++ should be enough. The one that comes with your windows installation is Notepad + and should be avoided for a few annoying reasons).

Then, you just have to delete the .ship file of the ship you don't want (Mod folder > data > hulls), its entry in ship_data.csv (located in the same folder as the .ship), the .variant (data > variants) and finally its entry in both default_ship_roles.csv and .faction (both are in data > world > faction).

Might sound like a lot but it's really simple and quick to do, trust me.

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2023, 01:14:10 PM »

Well, first you need a good text editor (Notepad ++ should be enough. The one that comes with your windows installation is Notepad + and should be avoided for a few annoying reasons).

Then, you just have to delete the .ship file of the ship you don't want (Mod folder > data > hulls), its entry in ship_data.csv (located in the same folder as the .ship), the .variant (data > variants) and finally its entry in both default_ship_roles.csv and .faction (both are in data > world > faction).

Could this also be accomplished by setting the ship entries in the .faction files to 0? They may not be deleted, but they shouldn't show up and it seems like slightly less work.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2023, 02:55:57 PM »

They'd still show on markets, in faction bps and as derelicts. You can do that if you're fine with it though.

ThatsMyFootThanks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2023, 04:51:05 AM »

Umm.. I'm doing a Miner's playthrough with the Roiders rn. I'll give it a try when I'm done. If you don't hear from me, it's because I must have blown up my pc.. Thank you, either way!

Ironsides13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 02, 2023, 04:37:55 PM »

I too had to remove ships from this mod. The large IED ships are, in my opinion, to swingy. I've tried to stop them by swarming them with small disposable ships, but they are too effectively screened by the other ships. I have yet devised a strategy that reliably stops them. It turns Ludd pather encounters into a roulette wheel of costly supply and crew losses as well as D-mod gains. I've hear they pernitrate shields too which is a questionable discussion. Would it not be better for them to have to overload shields first? That way after the big ship explodes the smaller ships can swarm the opened capitals. This at least give the player opportunities to save the overloaded capitals. As it stands they pretty much just delete any slow moving capital which is not very fun. IED ships do totally fit the Pather lore though, so I would love to see the larger ones better implemented. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14