Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: [0.97a] Luddic Enhancement (New Version Ed. 1.2.6e)  (Read 355189 times)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Luddic Enhancement Mod 1.2.5l
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2022, 02:41:48 PM »

Is there a way to permanently disable IED ships from the mod? The rest if fine, but IED's are kinda broken

Go to mods/Luddic_Enhancement/data/hulls/, open ship_data.csv in either a spreadsheet editor or a text editor (and in this mode, make sure word wrap is disabled), scroll down to the IED ships, and remove the "LP_bp" tag from the IED ships (and don't touch anything else). This will remove the ships from the Pather blueprint pack and thus result in the Pathers in new games "forgetting" how to make them. They might still show up as blueprints from exploration loot, but nobody else will manufacture them.

Removing them from an existing save is significantly trickier, but not impossible. You essentially need to look for "dram_lp_ied", "phaeton_lp_ied" and "prometheus_lp_ied" and remove all the entries for them under the KnownShips, ShipsWhenImporting and HullFrequency tags. Back your *** up before you try this, and it's on you if something breaks. Spawned fleets will still have their IEDs, but eventually they will filter out and you'll be left with no IEDs in the game.

It's significantly easier to do the ship_data edit and start a new game.

inanimate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2022, 02:04:56 PM »

Wow, thanks, thats way better. I will just disable prometheus IED and it's fine ;)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2022, 03:06:37 PM »

Yeah, when people complain about the IEDs, it's really the Proms we're talking about. I've got the Prometheus IED disabled in my game and it feels a lot better, because Drams and Phaetons can still be killed before they explode and there's a decent chance of going oh *** and getting out of the way, but the Proms blow up so big and are so comparatively tanky that killing them before they blow up everywhere and baiting them to explode and then getting out is only possible in a tiny, tiny selection of ships and doesn't "feel" nearly as fun to do as it might seem on paper. (Meanwhile, in larger battles, Drams and Phaetons still sneak in enough to cause Enjoyable Havoc, especially if you're fighting with allies and get to watch the chaos without as much consequence.) And then you've got videos of folks like Rarr using a small legion of BombProms to cheese even extremely high-difficulty fights.

It's also frustrating, because logically this is something that should exist in-universe; hell, in vanilla an IED Prometheus was basically what was used to trigger the colony drop that destroyed Mayasura! These are things that would be in the arsenal of a sect like the Path, and even if they aren't in the base game (for reasonable reasons), they're a very natural thing to try and mod in. But the Prom IED definitely feels like a bit of a problem child at this point, and I'm not entirely sure how to fix it outside of just removing it.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2022, 03:32:55 PM »

One potential solution could be to slap a hullmod on it that slows the ship down when it's at high flux; that would make attacking it a viable option; you might still lose some ships, but it'll be easier to run from if you respond to it, you get more benefit from catching it early, and it feels like you at least tried if the thing still blows up in your face.

Corelious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2022, 07:56:03 PM »

Best way to counter the massive IED is with a phase ship that baits it.

I do this regularly and cause it to wipe out half it's own fleet.

ForestFighters

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2022, 09:30:39 AM »

One potential solution could be to slap a hullmod on it that slows the ship down when it's at high flux; that would make attacking it a viable option; you might still lose some ships, but it'll be easier to run from if you respond to it, you get more benefit from catching it early, and it feels like you at least tried if the thing still blows up in your face.

That works until they run Shield Shunt.

inanimate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2022, 11:26:16 AM »

the other (less importand issue) is fact, that luddic church/patch blueprints (with ships from the mod) are very common, and "stronger" ships like cruisers (sebastyan for example) and damn phaeton IED (which is a capitol) are included in it. Normally capitols and other stronger ships blueprints are separate from the "compacted" blueprint (and also very expensive).

And what if i sell "luddic patch blueprints" for the patchers? Can they still learn about IED phaeton? Even if I disabled It like you said? xd

inanimate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2022, 03:27:20 PM »

Is there a way to permanently disable IED ships from the mod? The rest if fine, but IED's are kinda broken

Go to mods/Luddic_Enhancement/data/hulls/, open ship_data.csv in either a spreadsheet editor or a text editor (and in this mode, make sure word wrap is disabled), scroll down to the IED ships, and remove the "LP_bp" tag from the IED ships (and don't touch anything else). This will remove the ships from the Pather blueprint pack and thus result in the Pathers in new games "forgetting" how to make them. They might still show up as blueprints from exploration loot, but nobody else will manufacture them.

Removing them from an existing save is significantly trickier, but not impossible. You essentially need to look for "dram_lp_ied", "phaeton_lp_ied" and "prometheus_lp_ied" and remove all the entries for them under the KnownShips, ShipsWhenImporting and HullFrequency tags. Back your *** up before you try this, and it's on you if something breaks. Spawned fleets will still have their IEDs, but eventually they will filter out and you'll be left with no IEDs in the game.

It's significantly easier to do the ship_data edit and start a new game.

I did everything, like you mentioned. IED ships are still spawning, and the game is crashing xd

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2022, 07:29:47 PM »

Here's an idea on the Prometheus IED.  Since the ship is made to explode anyway, the detonators for all the fuel on board won't be properly rigged up to blow all at once, so the initial blast is mostly caught by the up armored hull of the ship, generating a lot of pushing force, but not as much damage.  Then, secondary explosions would trigger, causing the bulk of the damage.  This way, smaller ships would be mostly safe and capitals (the faster ones at least) would have a chance to not be instantly exploded, but the Prometheus would still be very effective against battlestations, since those can't be pushed.

inanimate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2022, 04:33:50 AM »

Okay guys i find the way how to correctly remove them. You need to do what the SpaceDrake said, but in addition, you need to open: data > world > factions > luddic_patch.faction and remove "prometheus_lp_ied" from "ShipsWhenImporting" and "knownShips".

For now game is not crashing, but i will test it xd

PilotBland

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2022, 12:17:52 AM »

Whenever I try to use the IED myself, manually controlling them and I press 'F' to toggle the wrath of Ludd, it clicks and... I don't blow up.

Help?

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2022, 01:07:55 AM »

Whenever I try to use the IED myself, manually controlling them and I press 'F' to toggle the wrath of Ludd, it clicks and... I don't blow up.

Help?
I think you have to be close enough to the target for the timer to start.... and you have to actually have a target selected (ie press 'R' on something, get close to that, and then press 'F').

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2022, 07:24:57 PM »

How do you even use the IEDs when piloting the ship?  All I get is a stupid clicking noise.  Even the AI regularly falls prone to this, I'll sometimes hear the clicking sound.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 07:27:16 PM by Reshy »

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2022, 12:50:12 AM »

Target the thing you want to jet toward and blow up.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2022, 01:46:17 AM »

lmao. That would explain why they've never "worked".
I rarely, if ever bother targeting things - it's just unnecessary 99.99% of the time.
Ah well, mystery solved.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14