Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: [0.97a] Luddic Enhancement (New Version Ed. 1.2.6e)  (Read 355315 times)

0xCAFEBABE

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Luddic Enhancement Mod 1.2.5l
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2022, 11:33:34 PM »

after i update the mod, ied will kill any ship even a paragon with fully raised shield and fortress field active. :'(

Kasimir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2022, 06:54:28 AM »

after i update the mod, ied will kill any ship even a paragon with fully raised shield and fortress field active. :'(

I was given several solutions so far:
- Use Phase ships to evade the damage
- Use Heavy Armour Onslaught to intercept and absorb
- Use long range focus fire

In terms of editing the files: the only thing you can access are the qualities of the ship, you can reduce it's HP pool significantly to make it easier to kill at range.
I suspect the speed may also be possible to reduce, but cannot confirm with testing.
The damage numbers are confirmed fixed for now.

0xCAFEBABE

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2022, 10:00:27 PM »

In terms of editing the files: the only thing you can access are the qualities of the ship, you can reduce it's HP pool significantly to make it easier to kill at range.
I suspect the speed may also be possible to reduce, but cannot confirm with testing.

https://imgur.com/m6Nsnme
I use prometheus_lp_ied to kill a atlas in sim and I have no idea about this damage.
Using Luddic Enhance 1.2.5l, lazylib 2.7b, magiclib 0.42.1 only.
Now I simply change their shipsystems to flare to avoid this.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:06:50 PM by 0xCAFEBABE »

Mysticunicycle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2022, 06:12:52 AM »

I didn't encounter the Luddic Path until like 8 hours into my current playthrough, and I wish upon a thousand stars that I didn't have this mod installed.

Are the IED ships supposed to one shot cruisers / capitals? This seems pretty horridly balanced if so.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2022, 05:46:59 PM »

sounds like they might do even more damage than the Interstellar Imperium's olympus...

meowpeow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2022, 04:01:46 PM »

idea with exploding ships is good, really, but should be removed because it breaks the game.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2022, 08:04:30 PM »

I mod the mod a bit and set IED ships to have a deployment value of 0.  They're just too powerful, especially in enemy fleets that don't care about later fights or replacements.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2022, 09:17:47 PM »

It's what gives their fleets bite, and it's the priority target you must focus on if you want to survive... or you ram them with a disposable destroyer so they explode far from your main fleet.

Re-Search-er

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2022, 12:36:32 PM »

I have two problems with your mod. One, the IED ships do so much damage they can reach into P space and destroy even cloaked phase ships. Two, I can't find Regular Eradicators anywhere, and neither can I find the BP. Can we make a workaround by adding the Eradicator to the Low tech BP package?

Psyentific

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2022, 01:33:25 PM »

the IED ships do so much damage they can reach into P space and destroy even cloaked phase ships.
working as intended. not even higher dimensions can protect the damned from the wrath of the martyrs

CecilArongo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2022, 07:21:27 PM »

I'm gonna go against the grain and say I love the new IED ships. Really makes you think twice before taking on a Pather fleet, and forces you to adapt to primarying the ships or dying.

okj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2022, 03:08:42 AM »

Took 1 afflictor and 1 harbinger into a luddic path base battlestation attack, 1st prometheus ied managed to blow up the entire station save for a minor spur, second one took out the spur and all ships larger than a frigate in their 200dp patrol. Got 150.000 creds in bounties for a base that took out itself. Best mod ever, rated 20/10 LP ships blown up by their own ied.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 03:11:23 AM by okj »

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2022, 06:38:45 AM »

Took out a tri tac battle fleet with 5 paragons and 3 astrals as their capital wing I was just being a Luddy Path smuggler with Nexin (Path best faction to play and no one can convince me otherwise) Had three Cerbs and that's it, but 300k to my name. Buy two IED Prometheuses and a IED Phaeton. First Prometheus takes out three paragons and half of their smaller ships, didn't field any other ships so retreat to reset the battle. Another Tri Tac battle fleet joins this time with 2 Paragons and 1 astral. Second Prometh takes out 4 of the paragons and a atlas by ramming it right into the middle side of their battle line. Phaeton takes out the other two astrals and forces them to retreat. Path pays me 10k for smiting the followers of Motoch. Still made me pay the fee for the IED's (Way more then I earned) Sank my money into a hole I had to try to sell drugs my way back out of. Station got destroyed next day by Hegemony XIV. Praise Ludd.

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2022, 07:04:21 AM »

Is there any way to make the IEDs not instantly die when they ram into stuff? I keep trying to ram them into stations and they just die on contact with it and does explode.

inanimate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2022, 11:26:13 AM »

Is there a way to permanently disable IED ships from the mod? The rest if fine, but IED's are kinda broken
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14