Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: [0.97a] Luddic Enhancement (New Version Ed. 1.2.6e)  (Read 355171 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Luddic Enhancement Mod 1.2.4d
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2021, 05:13:42 PM »

LazyLib and MagicLib have zero performance cost.

I'm aware of that, it's how the mods use the Libs that affects performance.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with liking my mods Vanilla compatible so they don't break after every major update.
They would break regardless. Also removing the reliance on those libs would just require recreating those functions in the mod itself. Which at best will cost exactly the same CPU / GPU time. And at worst, cost more since duplicated plugins in some cases.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2021, 11:10:18 PM »

At worst worst it will have a much bigger performance impact since MagicLib and LazyLib are for the most part very well optimized.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2021, 09:58:13 AM »

They would break regardless. Also removing the reliance on those libs would just require recreating those functions in the mod itself. Which at best will cost exactly the same CPU / GPU time. And at worst, cost more since duplicated plugins in some cases.

That may be the case but I did say I'm happy for features to be culled in the name of a Lite edition.

The mod wasn't originally built on Lazy/Magic Lib, so it's more a question of what's been added that's dependant on it.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2021, 10:41:19 AM »

I am considering installing this great mod once again for 0.95 , but I also remember myself having an issue with the IED Drams: Is there a way for me to disable their plethora of explosion effects driving my poor hamster wheel cooled laptop to its knees, asking for sweet release from his existence of infinite suffering?

I reiterate: is there a way for me to tone down the IED Drams explosion effects?

I'm also interested in the possibility in a "lite" version of the mod by the way!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2021, 03:54:45 PM »

I reiterate: is there a way for me to tone down the IED Drams explosion effects?

I'm also interested in the possibility in a "lite" version of the mod by the way!

Check your inbox. I sent you a LazyLibLess, Dram-free version. No Prometheus either but I'll be looking to re-add it at some point.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2021, 04:03:54 PM »

its that guy again
does anyone know if luddic path colonies can be targeted by sleeper cells?
more specifically, if you are commissioned for lp and have colonies can they be targeted by sleep cells or bases?
thanks!

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2021, 08:38:29 AM »

Check your inbox. I sent you a LazyLibLess, Dram-free version. No Prometheus either but I'll be looking to re-add it at some point.

Oh! Praise be! Ludd save you!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2021, 08:46:42 AM »

At worst worst it will have a much bigger performance impact since MagicLib and LazyLib are for the most part very well optimized.

Well it turns out cutting out LazyLib/Magic Lib has resulted in a significant performance increase because of the additional visual effects created through those libs.

I've had to cut Dram missiles/IEDs and some hullmods/systems, some of which I can probably add again if I don't want to be lazy, but it's been worth it for potato rigs. Had to adjust the P3 accordingly, gave it a few tweaks including a hammer rack and missile autoforge in place of the Dram missile:

Not making this public without the King's blessing but if happy to PM a copy to people if they want it it.

I was also going to copy across the Luddic Onslaught and Liberator-class Pocket Battleship across from Ship/Weapons pack (which Alfonzo had a hand in making) and add in my own Knights of Ludd/Path Hullmods but this is taking a step-away from the original LibLess concept and may as well be a complete fork, something else that'll need the Kings blessing.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2021, 11:09:08 AM »

I am planning to start a luddic path playthrough and I stumbled upon this mod. I couldn't ask for a better timing!

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2021, 04:44:51 PM »

There's a new 1.2.5 version on bitbucket. Is there a changelog for it? I couldn't find it (if it's on bitbucket somewhere I'm dumb).
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2021, 05:46:26 PM »

I did also want to report something about 1.2.4: it feels like, when this is used in conjunction with Tartiflette's Torchships And Deadly Armaments, the Luddic variants of the Legion and Onslaught appearing in fleets get wholly overridden by nothing but Niagras. Is this intentional? It does leave Church fleets feeling a bit... one-note.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2021, 12:09:54 AM »

Is the Prometheus Mk4 worth using at all? I mean, it's a 30 DP ship that can only launch one Dram IED per battle and is otherwise useless, a solo Dram IED is cheaper and does the same thing.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2021, 01:59:47 AM »

I did also want to report something about 1.2.4: it feels like, when this is used in conjunction with Tartiflette's Torchships And Deadly Armaments, the Luddic variants of the Legion and Onslaught appearing in fleets get wholly overridden by nothing but Niagras. Is this intentional? It does leave Church fleets feeling a bit... one-note.

This is due to the "priorityships" lines in TADA's faction files (or lack thereof in Luddic Enhancement's). If a ship is listed under that it will override other ships in that faction's fleets most of the time. TADA has the regular Niagara ("TADA_gunwall" in the files) and vanilla Legion as priority ships in luddic_church.faction causing them to replace LE's new ships which are simply set to high frequency.
You can fix this by removing the vanilla Legion line on TADA's side (and Niagara if you want it to be rare) and adding "priorityships" lines with the relevant LC ships in LE's luddic_chuch.faction file (you can also just leave them at high frequency after removing the lines on TADA's side but then they can get partially replaced by ships you sell them blueprints of).
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2021, 12:00:28 AM »

There's a new 1.2.5 version on bitbucket. Is there a changelog for it? I couldn't find it (if it's on bitbucket somewhere I'm dumb).

The update is on the discord, alfonzo probably forgot about updating this thread.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2021, 01:28:47 AM »

Is the Prometheus Mk4 worth using at all? I mean, it's a 30 DP ship that can only launch one Dram IED per battle and is otherwise useless, a solo Dram IED is cheaper and does the same thing.
It's a siege artillery ship. It provides boost to bombardment efficiency and it's Dram is also useful for taking down orbital stations. Especially because it's somewhat easier to get then Olympus from II.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14