Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: [0.97a] Luddic Enhancement (New Version Ed. 1.2.6e)  (Read 355262 times)

bazalisk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Luddic Enhancement Mod 1.2.0
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2020, 10:39:52 AM »

wow that's an awesome work around and very well explained, thank you.

i'll look into doing just this. 

thank you for the swift reply.

:)

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2020, 07:10:00 PM »

hi

nice mod, really enjoying it.

just a small issue.  i've been getting CTDs recently, its probably mod conflicts for sure but i'm mentioning it here in hopes of finding a solution or work around.

i'm getting a CTD regarding a fatal slot id (ws 015) not found on hull (dominator_luddic).

i've checked the file and there is a weapon slot there, not sure why it wont notice it.  any ideas? 

i've been having this issue with another mod, the Archean Order, with their mule and buffalo ships.

maybe these two mods don't play nice?

anyways, thanks for any insight you can provide.

Archean Order replaces a lot of vanilla files with its own, and many of those files have significant changes to the slot ids. The mule is particularly likely to cause crashes, because it looks like the author not only edited every single hardpoint but also renamed them from the format "WS 001" to "WS001", so any other mod that makes a mule variant is going to crash with it.

If you get stuck on any crashes that look sort of like "Slot id [WS 010] not found on hull [aurora_ix]," it probably means that some mod created a variant, "aurora_ix" of the vanilla ship "aurora", but archean order deleted the weapon slot [WS 010] in the original file.

So for Archean Order, you can fix this by going into "Starsector\starsector-core\data\hulls", finding the relevant .ship file, opening with a text editor, finding "WS 010" in that file, copying the entire section between (and including) curly brackets, and then pasting it into the same place in the file of the same name in "Starsector\mods\Archean Order TC v1.3.4e\data\hulls". That section is structured as a comma separated list of bracket-enclosed hardpoint definitions, so you need to make sure that each item has a comma after it except the last one.

I've been resolving most of the incompatibilities with Archean Order this way as they come up. It's a really hacky way of fixing it, but it keeps it from crashing, and I haven't had to restart my play through.

Woah , thank you for that !!!!
With that solution one can make many factions-mods compatible with AO .
I had problems with AO and Arsenal and posted it under bugs , but without proper help how to solve it.
So , thank you!!!!

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2020, 07:20:05 PM »

Thanks for the catch bblargh3! I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with Archean Order, and wasn't sure how it played with other faction mods.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2020, 07:40:52 PM »

Archean Order replaces a lot of vanilla files with its own, and many of those files have significant changes to the slot ids. The mule is particularly likely to cause crashes, because it looks like the author not only edited every single hardpoint but also renamed them from the format "WS 001" to "WS001", so any other mod that makes a mule variant is going to crash with it.

If you get stuck on any crashes that look sort of like "Slot id [WS 010] not found on hull [aurora_ix]," it probably means that some mod created a variant, "aurora_ix" of the vanilla ship "aurora", but archean order deleted the weapon slot [WS 010] in the original file.

So for Archean Order, you can fix this by going into "Starsector\starsector-core\data\hulls", finding the relevant .ship file, opening with a text editor, finding "WS 010" in that file, copying the entire section between (and including) curly brackets, and then pasting it into the same place in the file of the same name in "Starsector\mods\Archean Order TC v1.3.4e\data\hulls". That section is structured as a comma separated list of bracket-enclosed hardpoint definitions, so you need to make sure that each item has a comma after it except the last one.

I've been resolving most of the incompatibilities with Archean Order this way as they come up. It's a really hacky way of fixing it, but it keeps it from crashing, and I haven't had to restart my play through.

Thanks for that description! I'm working on changes along those lines for the next update anyway, but since you have taken the time to do this already :) - am I correct in implying from this that I won't have to change all the variant files' corresponding references to those ids in regards to their weapon loadouts in the mod?? That would be awesome if true! I kind of assumed I would have to edit each variant file by hand for that part.

Not crashing is already a great start, but did this seem to mess with the variants at all from your playthrough or upon starting a new game? Also, if you are adding the ids, not replacing the old ones, it may cause additional weapon slots to be available upon the ship outfitting screen (sometimes in the exact same place so it can be hard to see).

Those are all assumptions, though. I've already handled weapons in the variants, but I was planning on working on the weapon ids last- after fighters and hullmods were corrected to be merge-able.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2020, 02:12:22 PM »

An issue so small you can ignore just fine
The Converted Cargo Bay hullmod is missing its last sentence "Fighter speed reduced by..." which is present on the vanilla version of the Converted Cargo Bay which you probably took the description from. This mod was one of the first I installed and was mildly confused and irritated because the hullmod showed me no numbers like the other one. If you've played starsector for a while, you know exactly what the game means when it says "The improvised manufactory... etc." but newer players might not get that so I suggest adding the "Fighter speed reduced by..." back. Just adding in that part into hull_mods.csv worked.
[close]

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2020, 02:14:39 PM »

Maybe you need to remove the Onslaught, i know Luddic Church was allied with Hegemony in 1st and 2nd AI War and War again Tri-tach and Persean but giving them an Onslought blueprint? i don't think Hegemony will do that, it's their main weapon again their enemy, since in lore Luddic already have Legion, maybe you should give Legion more Luddic characteristic like more Missile slot also it's more lore-friendly if you give these ship a debuff like Remanualized, so it's need more crew since Luddic Church doesn't trust semi-AI ship system so they remove them in cost of more crew requirement. Overall, i like this mod, and yes Luddic Church seem to weak, need some buff, maybe in lore they become more pacifist over the year but doesn't mean they're fangless right?
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Faeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2020, 03:46:52 PM »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2020, 07:14:36 PM »

So, as you may or may not know, I have released a version of Luddic Enhancement on the Unofficial Discord Server. The update mainly focused on a couple of tweaks to the spawning of the Onslaught so it is less likely to appear in fleets, some minor tweaks to the Luddic Path ships, and some spelling corrections that have persisted due to me not spelling 'Cerberus' properly.

However, I also added another Pather ship to the pack, the Prometheus Mk IV. And this ship is....unusual. While it fits quite well within the context of the Luddic Path, I have heard people make negatively comment about how excessively unusual this ship is. So I am quickly posting here, to ask people in the know - is it worth releasing the Discord version of Luddic Enhancement with the Prometheus Mk IV on the forums? Or is it going too far?

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2020, 10:09:41 AM »

I've never seen a Prometheus variant I didn't like.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2020, 02:35:31 PM »

Release it the Dram missile is great.  ;D

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2020, 05:16:28 PM »

I doubt many are opposed to ships that play differently, assuming they're balanced-ish.

Faeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2020, 06:55:25 PM »

The MK IV is hilarious. Considering it has 5 burn, is basically useless beyond being a platform for the missile, and is costly to maintain it doesn't seem unbalanced if the player gets a hold of one. I would however suggest preventing the AI from having a bunch of them in one fleet, a fleet loaded with these would likely be somewhat frustrating as it would be near guaranteed to kill a few of your ships but would also be easy to clean up beyond the initial salvo of dram explosions due to the fleet having no proper capital ships, in short one of these in an LP fleet will be cool, more than that will quickly become stupid. In addition 5 dram explosions going off at once would obliterate people's toasters.

Also I noticed Cerberus is often mispelled "Cerbrus" and found these two instances of it in the mod folder:

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Luddic Enhancement Mod 1.2.2
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2020, 01:48:05 AM »

An Update!

This update adds:
-A Suicide Dram
-The Prometheus Mk IV., a vessel with less armament than the Promethus Mk II., but comes with a built-in suicide Dram.

This update also has the following changes:
-Reduces the logistical capacities of the Phaeton (LP) and Starliner (LP) to be sensible
-Changes the Mule (LP) from a carrier to a more heavily combat-focused vessel (Main source of savegame incompatibility from previous version).
-Fixes Mis-Spellings in Alexandria
-Reduces the Spawning of Onslaught (LC) in Luddic Church Fleets

Please get back to me if there are any crashes / weird things going on.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2020, 07:57:58 PM »

Thanks, I love it.

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2020, 12:06:09 AM »