Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: [0.97a] Luddic Enhancement (New Version Ed. 1.2.6e)  (Read 355358 times)

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Luddic Enhancement Mod 0.1.0a
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 04:41:02 PM »

Very nice.
Are they added to the ship packs that player can field?

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 03:26:37 AM »

Can't open the .rar file linked in the OP, and I'm already trying 7zip.

402kb seems suspiciously small for a pack with several ship skins in, but I can't say for sure.  Either way, it's not opening.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 04:54:22 AM »

Very nice.
Are they added to the ship packs that player can field?

Yes, they've been added to the blueprints.

Can't open the .rar file linked in the OP, and I'm already trying 7zip.

402kb seems suspiciously small for a pack with several ship skins in, but I can't say for sure.  Either way, it's not opening.

Hey Darloth
It's not that small, it's merely compressed, and there's really not that much to a skin pack; most of the data is already handled by the game, and all you're introducing are images, which can be rahter small.

Here's a reupload as a zip file. This should be more easily decompiled by your system.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2019, 09:27:24 AM »

Good mod.

Two issues:
Spoiler

Missing an 'e'.
[close]

Spoiler

The design type for the Venture (LP) isn't consistent with the rest of the the LP ships.
ie:
[close]

chancoco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2019, 12:26:44 PM »

In Artaxerxes' planet description, "Unfortunately the Alexandretta Polity could liberate the beleaguered populace, hardpressed as they were to defend themselves."
The "could" should be "couldn't", unless I'm reading the context wrong.

Thanks for the mod. I especially like the little lore bits put in for the new system. Extrapolating what I can from it, the Alexandretta star system was a key independent system for both CGR and Hegemony space so it makes sense that it's contested territory. On the star map it borders both factions. The intriguing part is that the two factions used Pirate Lord Scarborough's raid as a reason to intervene. My headcanon is that CGR helped repel Scarborough away from Cerberus but Hegemony ultimately dealt the killing blow, giving all three factions a valid claim to the system.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2019, 02:31:35 AM »

Many thanks Serenitis and chancoc for the catch.

EDIT: Another quick fix; to change the name of the Venture (Luddic Path) to be correct, and add civilian hull/militarised systems.

Here's a quick update that corrects those issues. Savegame compatible.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Luddic Enhancement Mod 1.1.0
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2019, 04:51:33 PM »

An Update!

New stuff:
-Version Checker support
-Adds LC cosmetic skins for the Legion and Onslaught
-Adds the Phaeton (LP), a missile/carrier support ship for long range bombardment, and the Starliner (LP) a general purpose if fragile carrier/missile support vessel.

Flix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2019, 08:40:55 AM »

I'm having trouble finding LC Legions and Onslaughts. Are they supposed to be purchasable in LC military colonies? I see Cathedrals and other LC skinned ships from this mod but not the aforementioned 2 which I would love to get as I'm playing an LC run now.
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2019, 04:22:30 AM »

The LP Pheaton might be a little bit too good....
A large ballistic turret + 2 medium missiles + 3(!) fighter bays. On a destroyer.

Suggest reducing it to 1 fighter bay.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2019, 03:36:03 PM »

Yeah, the Phaeton should NOT have that many bays. Also, the Starliner should NOT have that many bays either. There'll be a short update soon that fixes these issues, along with a description bug in the Legion (LC) and some spawning issues highlighted by Flix (Thanks for the catch!).

EDIT: A minor update. Should be savegame compatible.

-Fixed the Phaetson (LP) and Starliner (LP) having way too many wings.
-Fixed the description of the Legion (LC)
-Tweaked spawning of Legion (LC) and Onslaught (LC).

Download here. Again, give me a yell if something goes wrong.

Alexzzz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Luddic Enhancement Mod 1.2.0
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2020, 05:33:02 PM »

There might be something wrong with "venture_luddic_path.skin".  It looks like you copied all the text from "venture_luddic.skin" to "venture_luddic_path.skin", but forgot to change Church/LC/etc to Path/LP/etc.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2020, 06:20:06 PM »

That was a mistake, but not one that's impactful - the Pather Venture is actually a proper ship with an entry in ship_data.csv, and that overwrites the other one.

Alexzzz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2020, 07:49:27 PM »

That was a mistake, but not one that's impactful - the Pather Venture is actually a proper ship with an entry in ship_data.csv, and that overwrites the other one.

Good.  Sorry I didn't notice that, I'm quite new to SS.  I really like this mod btw.  I wish there were more mods that expand the vanilla factions like this one does. 

bazalisk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2020, 04:08:12 PM »

hi

nice mod, really enjoying it.

just a small issue.  i've been getting CTDs recently, its probably mod conflicts for sure but i'm mentioning it here in hopes of finding a solution or work around.

i'm getting a CTD regarding a fatal slot id (ws 015) not found on hull (dominator_luddic).

i've checked the file and there is a weapon slot there, not sure why it wont notice it.  any ideas? 

i've been having this issue with another mod, the Archean Order, with their mule and buffalo ships.

maybe these two mods don't play nice?

anyways, thanks for any insight you can provide.

bblargh3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2020, 09:15:42 AM »

hi

nice mod, really enjoying it.

just a small issue.  i've been getting CTDs recently, its probably mod conflicts for sure but i'm mentioning it here in hopes of finding a solution or work around.

i'm getting a CTD regarding a fatal slot id (ws 015) not found on hull (dominator_luddic).

i've checked the file and there is a weapon slot there, not sure why it wont notice it.  any ideas? 

i've been having this issue with another mod, the Archean Order, with their mule and buffalo ships.

maybe these two mods don't play nice?

anyways, thanks for any insight you can provide.

Archean Order replaces a lot of vanilla files with its own, and many of those files have significant changes to the slot ids. The mule is particularly likely to cause crashes, because it looks like the author not only edited every single hardpoint but also renamed them from the format "WS 001" to "WS001", so any other mod that makes a mule variant is going to crash with it.

If you get stuck on any crashes that look sort of like "Slot id [WS 010] not found on hull [aurora_ix]," it probably means that some mod created a variant, "aurora_ix" of the vanilla ship "aurora", but archean order deleted the weapon slot [WS 010] in the original file.

So for Archean Order, you can fix this by going into "Starsector\starsector-core\data\hulls", finding the relevant .ship file, opening with a text editor, finding "WS 010" in that file, copying the entire section between (and including) curly brackets, and then pasting it into the same place in the file of the same name in "Starsector\mods\Archean Order TC v1.3.4e\data\hulls". That section is structured as a comma separated list of bracket-enclosed hardpoint definitions, so you need to make sure that each item has a comma after it except the last one.

I've been resolving most of the incompatibilities with Archean Order this way as they come up. It's a really hacky way of fixing it, but it keeps it from crashing, and I haven't had to restart my play through.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14