Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9a] New Star System To Colonise Mod  (Read 8875 times)

Toranet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.9a] New Star System To Colonise Mod
« on: February 02, 2019, 12:50:55 PM »

Hello, I saw a lot of people share seeds with good generated systems. Looking for systems to colonise is bothersome for some of us or your current game is centered on something different from exploration, so I created this mod for those who either do not want to look for systems they want to colonise or want to aim for other aspects of the game like war in Nexelerin.

This mod currently features 3 modules, you can pick one of them. They are all one star system to the left of Askonia star system with different level of juice to them. One is outright cheat(Max), other is overpowered(Mid) and third one is clean but you need "fix all empty planets" utility mod ( https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14879.0 ) for it to work which will make it random like any undiscovered ones(Min). I am new to modding and didnt yet find out how to make planets get random market conditions.

The system consists of 4 terran worlds orbiting a gas giant, relay, buoy, array, inactive gate, 4 extra predefined worlds and extra generated random entities. Max system has all 4 terran worlds have 50% habitability and best possible conditions, and overall system has 8 vast ruins. Mid also has 50% habitability and market conditions are also very good, although they are not ultrarich all rounders and dont have max conditions. They still have all resourses on them so and system has 8 extensive ruins and thus overpowered. The last one Min doesnt have any market conditions set so you will need "fix all empty planets" mod that will make it all random, but it still has 4 terran worlds orbiting one gas giant and plenty other planets stacked in one system with all utility systems in place. I could add Dominion Colony ship but thought it would be an overkill))

Here is a link to download the mod:https://github.com/toranet2/ColonyStar

I used WadeStar tutorial video and star system frame as a base for my mod, they were realy helpfull! https://youtube.com/watch?v=HUbEhuzHur8 link to his tutorial, it will help you edit my system easily as it explains almost everything required to make your own system and has a link to the mod frame I used. That frame also contains several function script lines for custom descriptions and system background I didnt implement in my mod.

The mod should be compatable with pretty much everything probably with exeption of some total conversions. All it does is inject a starsystem into the world to a place that is not supposed to hold a system(which prevents overlapping with other modder's systems).

Todo:
1)I plan to create a version of Max system with insane amount of remnant fleets once I figuire out how to do that so that it transforms from cheat system to endgame reward system, when you would be able to clean it up of the hordes of remnants that is))
2)Currently there is an issue that hyper storms can overlap the system in hyperspace. I am trying to find a way to fix it, so currently think of it as it is the reason it wasnt colonised in the middle of core worlds))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:33:50 PM by Toranet »

MericSever

• Ensign
  • Go for the eyes boo !! GO FOR THE EYESsss
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] New Star System To Colonise Mod
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 02:37:29 AM »

Thanks for the mod it got me to figure out the rest  :o, added in a asteroid belt, changed the planets around, added in a probe, mining derelict, background image, derelict ships and put a jump point in the gate  ;D
also figured out how to clean the hyperspace from around the star by adding the following, (from other mods and forum)

!! also added my altered file if you wanted to have a look !!

(add to top page)
import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.NebulaEditor;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.HyperspaceTerrainPlugin;

(add to bottom page after line)   
system.autogenerateHyperspaceJumpPoints(true, true);
cleanup(system);

}

void cleanup(StarSystemAPI system) {
        HyperspaceTerrainPlugin plugin = (HyperspaceTerrainPlugin) Misc.getHyperspaceTerrain().getPlugin();
        NebulaEditor editor = new NebulaEditor(plugin);
        float minRadius = plugin.getTileSize() * 2f;

float radius = system.getMaxRadiusInHyperspace();
        editor.clearArc(system.getLocation().x, system.getLocation().y, 0, radius + minRadius * 0.5f, 0, 360f);
        editor.clearArc(system.getLocation().x, system.getLocation().y, 0, radius + minRadius, 0, 360f, 0.25f);
   }

Cheers
MericSever

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 04:03:05 PM »

This is really tempting, but really feels like cheating. I am conflicted.
Check out my ships

MericSever

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 06:20:46 PM »

This is really tempting, but really feels like cheating. I am conflicted.

Toranet added in 3 versions in the mod = max-cheat, mid balanced, and Min random ... you could use min as that would be random market conditions :D
(not sure if you still need to use "fix all empty planets" utility mod still) or go in and customize the system as you see fit like i did,
you can see the changes i made for comparison to help if you wanted to customize it yourself.

Cheers
MericSever

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 06:50:17 PM »

You can also dynamically alter market conditions with Console Commands ('addcondition' and 'removecondition') to customize the system's planets to your desired difficulty.

Adding Remnant fleets to a handmade system is easier than it looks; Tyrador's implementation should be easy to crib from with Machine's permission, and of course you're welcome to look at DME's manually-placed Blade Breaker system defenses as well.

MericSever

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 12:24:25 AM »

Thanks Soren,

Question do you know how to add an independent trade station in system, i keep trying to and it in and i just keep failing  :'(,
the best luck so far has been copy pasta SCY - prisim freeport in but it has no market/options other than leave...

i'm stumped  :o

Cheers
MericSever

MericSever

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 10:57:23 AM »

Hay all,

Just wanted to share my updated !! heavily edited !! version, i have made a ton of changes and now it !! REQUIRES !! the UnknownSkies mod,
just replace the OP's mod plugin file in ColonyStar(Max or Min etc.) / data / scripts / ColonyStarPlugin.java.

I cant go much further with this for modding one file without uploading a new mod altogether,
cheers all and enjoy :).

Twin Star system (Yellow / Blue)
North North West of Core Worlds (Above core worlds)
(if you have the Sylphon RnD mod its just west of them)
3 Gas Giants
15 planets - 13 are custom 2 are random
worlds not to overpowered (very good system)
Several asteroid fields
Large magnetic fields
Several debris fields
3 main Jump-points ... one is still in the gate ;D
4 extra Stable locations for other mods to use (mods that add extra buildings available for stable points)
Several ships to claim (nothing to overpowered)

[attachment deleted by admin]