Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351507 times)

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #900 on: June 23, 2020, 11:20:16 AM »

I apologize in advance for using Google translator.

From the moment I found out about the game, several years have already passed. At that time, the game still had version 0.65 and I see the progress in changing the game which, personally, makes me happy. To support at least somehow, I immediately purchased a copy of the game and still periodically return to the game, installing various modifications.

Alex, I want to thank you and all the modders for the excellent game I enjoy to this day. I look forward to the next update to play several games again.

Good luck in the development.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 23, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time just to say something so nice, and I'm happy you're enjoying the game!

manictiger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 24, 2020, 09:35:38 AM »

"When it's ready", I'm afraid - apologies :) Working on content as we speak, it's just a combination of a lot of work and not much I can easily talk about without spoiling it, hence the relative lack of new info.

Glad to hear this.  I was worried this was becoming abandonware.  Starsector and Mount and Blade are my absolute favorite games.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 24, 2020, 10:13:16 AM »

Just put at the top of the website: ''The game is not dead, I'm working on it I swear! Next release Soon™
Please don't take me too seriously.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 24, 2020, 11:06:10 AM »

(Not going to lie, that made me laugh.)

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 24, 2020, 01:02:39 PM »

I think it would be exceptionally cruel to have a progress bar that on any given day is just an RNG number but any time Alex wanted to, he could input his best guess as to where he really thinks he is. On the one hand, you absolutely can't trust it. On the other,  it might be absolutely true. "Schrödinger's Progress Bar."

It would also make a great social experiment since whether or not we trust the progress bar is more indicative of our perception of how far along the game is, independent of reality. For example, most people would dismiss a bar rating of "12%" as too low, and ignore it. A greater number might feel "62%" is about right and tacitly agree, whereas something like "96%" would cause some to believe in immanent release while others adamantly argue against anything so soon. The carnage would be exquisite! (Some people just want to watch the world burn!) :D

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 24, 2020, 01:14:27 PM »

I think it would be exceptionally cruel to have a progress bar that on any given day is just an RNG number but any time Alex wanted to, he could input his best guess as to where he really thinks he is. On the one hand, you absolutely can't trust it. On the other,  it might be absolutely true. "Schrödinger's Progress Bar."

It would also make a great social experiment since whether or not we trust the progress bar is more indicative of our perception of how far along the game is, independent of reality. For example, most people would dismiss a bar rating of "12%" as too low, and ignore it. A greater number might feel "62%" is about right and tacitly agree, whereas something like "96%" would cause some to believe in immanent release while others adamantly argue against anything so soon. The carnage would be exquisite! (Some people just want to watch the world burn!) :D
See what you do is randomly tie it to his source control and have it display based on number of commits.

FabianClasen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 04, 2020, 06:43:58 AM »

"When it's ready", I'm afraid - apologies :) Working on content as we speak, it's just a combination of a lot of work and not much I can easily talk about without spoiling it, hence the relative lack of new info.

Take your time. It's always better to get it right, than get it done quickly.
--------------------------------
Not a native English speaker.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #908 on: July 05, 2020, 06:37:33 AM »

Didn't feel like making a proper suggestion thread, so:
Onslaught Outdated variant has no DTC or ITU; it is bad and needs fixing
(I was wondering why this Onslaught wasn't shooting me)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 05, 2020, 09:21:50 AM »

Ah yeah, makes sense - thanks! (That was left over from back when it was supposed to be bad and before it became a template for autofit stuff...)

Merkurial

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 22, 2020, 06:53:59 AM »

Thank you for your effort so far Alex, this is an absolutely fantastic game! Looking forward to more stuff! :D

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 10, 2020, 01:17:13 AM »

So, STEAM release when? Last I've asked 4 (or maybe 6) years ago, Alex, you've said that Starsector lacked features for releasing it onto serious platforms.

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 10, 2020, 01:29:25 AM »

This was answered many times, and the answer always was - IF there's gonna be a Steam release, it would only be when 1.0 version is done.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 10, 2020, 04:10:27 AM »

No update still? To get people through another wave of lock down + summer holidays?
Poor show...

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 10, 2020, 09:59:55 AM »

No update still? To get people through another wave of lock down + summer holidays?
Poor show...
Really dude? What dev's live in a magic bubble so world events don't effect them?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62