Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351544 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #810 on: July 27, 2019, 08:01:56 PM »

Indeed Soren, and I did go and make that missile AI tweak suggestion thread like I said I would heh.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15742.msg253767#msg253767

Megas, OK disregarding the missing issue, which I just addressed up above. A large Sabot, even if it fired no more per volley than smaller ones? Would indeed be broken! A Sabot SRM is basically instant winning of the flux war until they run out of ammo, a large volley of them from a theoretical large one (which will certainly never exist) would be incredibly broken... And so would one that fires small numbers, as it would be the same instant flux war win as the smaller versions but with a deep ammo pool.

The Squall is also a big flux war win, but spread over a period of time which is its own brand of dangerous but can be defended against. Really the Squall *could* use a buff, but not through stats but instead its AI.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 27, 2019, 08:06:49 PM »

I'd like to add that Sabot for large missile mount would be instant pick in most loadouts and situations - due to how good Sabots are.
Large missile I can fire and which splits into projectiles dealing a lot of kinetic and EMP damage? And it splits into them when still covered by my shield?
Why would I even use Squalls or Hammer Barrage ever again when I can instantly overload most enemies I fight?
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 28, 2019, 06:36:09 AM »

@ MesoTroniK:  Maybe better Squall AI will help it.  The missiles need to hit, which they often fail to do now.  (MIRVs out-of-the-box are much the same way.)  Squalls, and MIRVs for that matter, should not require ECCM just to function out-of-the-box.  As for Sabots, I disagree, but I will not argue more about that here in patch notes.

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 29, 2019, 02:42:15 PM »

Chipping in on the Squall conversation: it's currently an interesting missile, but mostly useless against non-station targets. The first-stage AI seems to aim at the target's current center of mass rather than attempting any kind of target-leading (or if it does, it's not very good at it even with ECCM), and as such misses almost anything smaller than a capital ship (and most mobile capital ships) except Onslaughts, Paragons, or side-on Conquests. Either the Squall needs its second stage to be a hell of a lot faster to give bigger enemies less time to dodge, the first stage to be better at target-leading, the second stage to shotgun-blast at the end like sabots used to, or the second stage to benefit from at least a very weak form of guidance to make up for some of the first stage's inaccuracy.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #814 on: August 01, 2019, 05:28:18 AM »

Off-topic: Is there a way to disable YouTube video embedding in a forum post? It seems to activate even when the video is in a URL tag (although the preview doesn't show this)

e.g.
Spoiler
This is supposed to be a link in text
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 01, 2019, 08:28:55 AM »

Hmm, that's unfortunate - offhand, I don't think so. (There's a dedicated topic about the video embedder, btw.)

Bizarro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 03, 2019, 10:56:49 AM »

I bought this game a few years ago and I just wanted to thank the developers for being so dedicated to perfecting this incredible game. I always come back to Starsector and do another long playthrough ever year and I'm always impressed with the progress that's been made. You guys rock.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 03, 2019, 11:29:36 AM »

Thank you! I'm happy you've enjoyed it :)

HyperNova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 03, 2019, 05:42:45 PM »

I am hoping to see v1.0 this year, with cloud save etc. I have a feeling it is getting close.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 03, 2019, 06:41:34 PM »

I am hoping to see v1.0 this year, with cloud save etc. I have a feeling it is getting close.

Sorry to tell you, but that is not very likely :D.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #820 on: August 07, 2019, 04:33:13 AM »

A few things that I didn't feel like making a new thread for:

Bar delivery quests don't create the (!) important marker on the destination market.

Abandoning a colony no longer removes the "Decivilized" condition
Does this also apply to the Decivilized Subpopulation condition? Because that's still being removed on abandon.

Idea: Just as interacting with a jump point suggests the player turn on their transponder when entering a system, leaving a system should prompt player to turn it off.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 07, 2019, 09:14:11 AM »

Bar delivery quests don't create the (!) important marker on the destination market.

Huh, you're right - fixed that up.

Does this also apply to the Decivilized Subpopulation condition? Because that's still being removed on abandon.

It didn't apply; fixed as well.

Idea: Just as interacting with a jump point suggests the player turn on their transponder when entering a system, leaving a system should prompt player to turn it off.

Hmm, let me think about that. I kind of want to limit the amount of potentially intrusive-feeling handholding. For jumping in, I think it's worth it because the annoyance of forgetting and getting stopped by a patrol is very high. For jumping out... worst thing you get is a tough fight, but you can at least *fight*, so - at least imo - it doesn't feel nearly as bad to forget. Like, it's ok to realize a tad late and turn it off.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 07, 2019, 09:51:24 AM »

Plus, I normally wander around in hyperspace with transponder on - can't join in on any battles without that, and I'm not generally worried about getting jumped by pirates.  I'll typically only turn it off for long-distance exploration voyages.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 07, 2019, 12:41:52 PM »

A bit outside the scope here, but given newfound interest and a measure of QC stuff fixed in the back, would a new hotfix be an option? I mean, i know this is what was wanted to be avoided, but maybe it'd be nice to get a more polished version out now to the feeding masses before the next year-long wait?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 07, 2019, 01:31:24 PM »

A bit outside the scope here, but given newfound interest and a measure of QC stuff fixed in the back, would a new hotfix be an option? I mean, i know this is what was wanted to be avoided, but maybe it'd be nice to get a more polished version out now to the feeding masses before the next year-long wait?

It's not... well, I won't say "not possible", but it's extremely impractical. I suspect any attempt to extricate not-ready-for-public-consumption features from QoL improvements and create a build with just the latter would - aside from taking a long time to do - result in a net increase in the number of bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 62