Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351695 times)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #600 on: May 20, 2019, 01:41:29 PM »

Perhaps removing the commerce building completely is the way to go?
This is also acceptable, with the caveat that all player owned colonies get a market.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 20, 2019, 02:05:57 PM »

Maybe just automatically add Open Market once Spaceport is built.

It seems the main reason to have Commerce as an industry is the +1 stability.  That is not worth an Industry slot or the huge cost to build it.  If Commerce has to stay, then remove the stability bonus, lower the costs to run it, and make it a structure again.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 20, 2019, 02:15:32 PM »

Re: Commerce

I'm with the others that suggest that Commerce, in and of itself, doesn't provide enough of a benefit to be intra-competitive with the other industries. Making it a structure, on the other hand, would make it an "always." Personally, I like the ability to sell to my own colonies and have a one-stop-shop for things. I don't want to lose that. On the other hand, I see the dilemma.

Suggestion:

A basic open market opens with the initial space port. It's extremely stripped down: basic fuel, supplies, and the odd low-tier, common weapons. You can sell to it with normal tariff markup. It is an independent market and nothing you sell to it will impact the colony itself.

"Commerce" (the industry) replaces the old basic market and has some positive market multiplier (TBD), adds the buying/selling of ship hulls, increases the availability/quality of weapons, and reduces tariffs from 30% down to 25%. In essence, it creates a slightly player-friendly market that is consistently better than standard markets but no so much that you wouldn't go out of your way to exploit supply overages/shortages. Selling on this market will impact local supply/demand. However, commerce doesn't generate any kind of production in and of itself so it only really benefits that colony and nothing else. The trade-off, I suppose, is quality of life (for the player) versus overall empire health. I can't think of many scenarios where I'd want Commerce ASAP but with a mature colony, it might be a boon.

If Commerce remains an Industry (and I think it should), it just needs to be competitive, though in its own way.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 20, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »

Buff commerce. You get to sell. Traders come and bring goodies, weapons and the odd ship from other factions. You don't get a military market, you get a gamble on some commission-restricted stuff from the others. This would be a helping measure for players who don't have a great pool of blueprints available without making blueprints any easier to get.

It could also make all other industries slightly more profitable on that colony. So it's not just a choice between an empty planet for all 'leftover buildings' and a main planet with only producing industries. But it could actually be worth it to have commerce on an industrial planet.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2019, 02:55:11 PM »

Making it a structure, on the other hand, would make it an "always."
So is waystation, but people aren't complaining about that. I mean, there are some situations where you wouldn't want it... Just like with commerce as a structure. I don't have an issue with Commerce, it's just that unless there's some substantial buff to it, the easiest way to make it better is to make it a structure.

ike

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 20, 2019, 04:36:00 PM »

re: commerce
IMHO just make it a default to every colony like you did with spaceport, because markets at the player's own colonies having tariffs is already working as a cost for the convenience they bring about. Also, where there's civilization, there's a market.

Awe

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 20, 2019, 08:30:50 PM »

AI fleets at sustain burn sometimes cant reach jump point inside star corona. Just wandering at circles. -_-

PS Fixed at save reload. But i watch for this like 2 minutes before. ^.^

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:36:09 PM by Awe »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #607 on: May 21, 2019, 02:09:43 AM »

Is it a guarantee to find sleeper ships? I've explored every system in two separate games, but never found one.

Also, in my first 0.9a game there were 6 high danger systems, started a new one with 0.9.1a and there's only 1. I take it this is greatly randomized?

Awe

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 21, 2019, 02:22:17 AM »

Lol. Poor lobsters. Need external help to repopulate.  ;D

PS QoL feature request - please, add to commodity info screen top 5 player stashes with requried item.

[attachment deleted by admin]

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 21, 2019, 05:18:12 AM »

@Volturn importing lobsters, you know that actually makes sense.
In China there’s this lake that produces flavorful fresh water crabs, the whole country is crazy about eating them, but the lake only has so much farm space, so what people often do is farm the crabs elsewhere and drop them into the lake for a while before selling. You might say those are fake crabs, but it only takes a week before the crabs absorb the lake’s algae flavor. So they are legit lake crabs with lake flavor.

So if the whole sector is crazy about eating Volturnian Lobsters, farming them elsewhere and then dropping them onto Volturn to pick up flavor is probably one of the reasonable thing people would do.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 06:03:23 AM by goduranus »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 21, 2019, 08:48:44 AM »

AI fleets at sustain burn sometimes cant reach jump point inside star corona. Just wandering at circles. -_-

PS Fixed at save reload. But i watch for this like 2 minutes before. ^.^

Thank you, noted!

Is it a guarantee to find sleeper ships? I've explored every system in two separate games, but never found one.

Also, in my first 0.9a game there were 6 high danger systems, started a new one with 0.9.1a and there's only 1. I take it this is greatly randomized?

It's possible to end up with 0 (if there are no suitable systems), but it seems pretty unlikely. For remnant high-danger systems, are you sure you've explored everything? If you start the game in dev mode, press ctrl-z to turn off sensors, and go into hyperspace, you should get all the warning beacon intel right away and can check. Also, if you do this and look on the map, systems with a cryosleeper will have their name be green (as will systems with Pather bases, but those will have a "--LP" or some such appended to the name).

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 21, 2019, 09:11:02 AM »

Income at non-player-owned colonies no longer shown as it's no longer accurate

You can still see a non-player-owned colony's net income in the command>colonies screen, if you got items in storage there, not sure if that qualifies as a bug, so posting it here.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 21, 2019, 09:52:14 AM »

Yep, that's a bug - thank you, made a note.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #613 on: May 21, 2019, 12:04:54 PM »

It's possible to end up with 0 (if there are no suitable systems), but it seems pretty unlikely. For remnant high-danger systems, are you sure you've explored everything? If you start the game in dev mode, press ctrl-z to turn off sensors, and go into hyperspace, you should get all the warning beacon intel right away and can check. Also, if you do this and look on the map, systems with a cryosleeper will have their name be green (as will systems with Pather bases, but those will have a "--LP" or some such appended to the name).
Thanks! I did what you said and found 2 systems with said ship in it. Quite hard to find indeed. And one of them is in a black hole system.  ;D

I still have just one red beacon, so I guess I was a bit unlucky when the game generated this system.

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 21, 2019, 03:20:51 PM »

I see the economy got rebalanced. You can no longer make millions in the first few months by selling stuff to Qaras  ::)

Also the comm sniffers get removed now after a while. That's a bummer.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 62