Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351531 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #525 on: May 18, 2019, 08:56:58 AM »

(I have to admit, I could of just gotten lucky with the random seed, but I don't remember finding clear routes between stars that I did in my current game).

There's definitely more clear space now - not *too* much more, but it generates more lanes. Maybe 50% or so more, iirc?

I had one escape scenario where my fleet started more than halfway up the map (screenshot). Is this intended, a mod bug, or something else?

Definitely a bug! Haven't seen this in vanilla (and don't recall touching anything that might cause it), but that doesn't necessarily mean it's mod issue. Still, I'd lean in that direction...

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 18, 2019, 11:07:59 AM »

Has anyone noticed that most endgame fleets have several capitals and nearly the rest cruisers, with few if any destroyers or frigates?  I guess it makes sense since the player might try that, supplies and fuel permitting.  Pirates, with weaker ships, are the worst offenders with several Atlas II and Colossus 3 and Ventures filling out the rest of the fleet.  For deserters, I routinely see about four or five Conquests and a bunch of cruisers like Herons and Gryphons, or for low-tech fans, a Legion, three Onslaughts, and Dominator and Mora spam.

Would raising the fleet cap (to 40 for player and NPCs) bring more smaller ships to NPC endgame fleets?  It would be nice if there was more variety of endgame fleets.  (It would be nice if player can use a frigate or destroyer swarm to engage such fleets.)

I find myself bring no more than twenty ships due to 1) supply and fuel costs and 2) unable to deploy more than three to five ships at a time at map size 300.

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 18, 2019, 11:09:13 AM »

66% more lanes. Once I learned the new hyperspace storm mechanics, I didn't mind traveling through hyperspace clouds and taking advantage of storms, but I still have to agree that the added lanes feels better, even though the difference is subtle enough I didn't realize it until I saw the diff in the code!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 18, 2019, 11:20:51 AM »

I noticed my first 0.9.1 game was less cloudy.  There are still enough clouds out there to abuse storm-riding, but not so much that there are clouds, clouds, clouds everywhere with no way to feasibly drive around them like in 0.9a.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 18, 2019, 11:53:33 AM »

Has anyone noticed that most endgame fleets have several capitals and nearly the rest cruisers, with few if any destroyers or frigates?  I guess it makes sense since the player might try that, supplies and fuel permitting.  Pirates, with weaker ships, are the worst offenders with several Atlas II and Colossus 3 and Ventures filling out the rest of the fleet.  For deserters, I routinely see about four or five Conquests and a bunch of cruisers like Herons and Gryphons, or for low-tech fans, a Legion, three Onslaughts, and Dominator and Mora spam.

Would raising the fleet cap (to 40 for player and NPCs) bring more smaller ships to NPC endgame fleets?  It would be nice if there was more variety of endgame fleets.  (It would be nice if player can use a frigate or destroyer swarm to engage such fleets.)

I find myself bring no more than twenty ships due to 1) supply and fuel costs and 2) unable to deploy more than three to five ships at a time at map size 300.

I have noticed this, and while it would be nice to have more enemy ship variety, I am so very thankful for the end of the 100+ frigates that I would always have to fight if a couple fleets combined. I am all in favor of the enemy fleets going 'tall' at the high end.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 18, 2019, 12:13:43 PM »

I agree the end of a hundred frigate swarm is good.  However, now most endgame fights against pirates is Atlas 2 spam.  It would be nice to see some smaller ships from an endgame fleet from time to time.  Although I guess I could hunt smaller fleets (that probably flee and die to auto-resolve).

Also, higher fleet cap might make it easier for player to bring his own small ship swarm, or at least enough to support his big ships without clogging slots for ship recovery.

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 18, 2019, 12:49:45 PM »

My Prometheus Mk 2 is firing off MIRVs at single fighters. Is it supposed to do that?

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 18, 2019, 01:24:15 PM »

Endgame pirate fleets are pretty balanced here. I'm getting a mix of Atlas, Ventures, Colossus and smaller ships.

Possibly influenced by player fleet composition?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:25:53 PM by Schwartz »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 18, 2019, 01:25:31 PM »

My Prometheus Mk 2 is firing off MIRVs at single fighters. Is it supposed to do that?

Kinda is, yeah. It's got the "ALWAYS_PANIC" flag which makes it really free with missiles. (Less than ideal if it's a core ship for the player, but, well.)

Riph

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 18, 2019, 01:29:32 PM »

Fixed issue where pressing "S" without course widget showing would still adjust player fleet's destination

Am I imagining things, or did this "fix" our ability to push the S key for an emergency stop command when travelling on the overworld?

Specifically, I'm talking about scenarios where you're in an asteroid belt or debris field, and a huge nasty fleet is passing by, and you need to stop NOW because the 'hide my signature' bonus from asteroids is only valid when you are stopped dead.

Any chance we can get this feature back?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 18, 2019, 01:39:00 PM »

It doing that was 100% a bug. I don't think it actually bypassed normal acceleration limits etc so you could achieve the same effect by adjusting your destination (i.e. click and hold behind where you're heading, etc).

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 18, 2019, 01:58:51 PM »

About pirates spamming Atlases.
I think they sgould get something better from time to time, after all if they're ready to convert a freighter into killing machine and use Damaged ships then I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind using a beat up Onslaught, considering that you can get quite interesting stuff on black market without problems, actually.

Earlier I was writing that zombie fleets were viable even before the update, price hike apparently made them more of necessity, as I heard. Ironically I find myself avoiding recovering ships if they have maintenance D-mod due to having to get more supplies.
I kinda prefer to do few smuggling/procurement runs in some backwater system like Kumari Kandam and buy a fresh ship. It's rather fine, actually, clunkers aren't there to be core of your fleet.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #537 on: May 18, 2019, 02:02:01 PM »

Not sure if bugs or intended, so I'll post it here. Don't really want to create new topics for no reason.

- After renaming a gas giant, the name isn't visible from the hyperspace jump point. It still uses the old name.
- Even when Scavenging Effectiveness is at 100% or even over 100% while scavenging debris, accidents still happen. (Hidden max?)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 18, 2019, 02:20:03 PM »

About pirates spamming Atlases.
I think they sgould get something better from time to time, after all if they're ready to convert a freighter into killing machine and use Damaged ships then I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind using a beat up Onslaught, considering that you can get quite interesting stuff on black market without problems, actually.

You know, I really like this. Let me make a note to take a look.

- After renaming a gas giant, the name isn't visible from the hyperspace jump point. It still uses the old name.

Hmm - it works for me in testing it just now. Could you send me your save? fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com.

You mean "<name> Gravity Well" as the name of the hyperspace jump-point not changing for you, right? That's what I'm looking at.

- Even when Scavenging Effectiveness is at 100% or even over 100% while scavenging debris, accidents still happen. (Hidden max?)

Right - I don't think it says anywhere that 100% guarantees no accidents, that's just about how much salvage you get. IIRC it explicitly says the risk is "low"; also iirc the actual min chance of an accident is 10% and I believe they're generally less damaging at a lower risk.

Riph

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 18, 2019, 02:31:45 PM »

click and hold behind where you're heading, etc).

I've been trying that and my fleet seems to prefer to swim in circles, presumably trying to arrive on the exact pixel I clicked on. This means that big nasty fleet sees my sig and catches me :/

The previous functionality, while a bug, was also super useful. I hope you will consider restoring it, or adding something new that provides the same function. Having an unambigous "all stop" command is important in a world where stealth depends on being stopped.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 62