Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351472 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #435 on: May 12, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »

Huh?

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 12, 2019, 11:17:37 AM »

Either someone made a post about discovering Redacted wrecks and thought they could be recovered, made a post about it, then discovered they couldn't and deleted the post, or I'm going nuts.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 12, 2019, 11:32:49 AM »

Either someone made a post about discovering Redacted wrecks and thought they could be recovered, made a post about it, then discovered they couldn't and deleted the post, or I'm going nuts.

... could be (keeping that intentionally ambiguous!). You deleted your previous post, though, or *I'm* going nuts :)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 12, 2019, 11:44:23 AM »

They should upgrade to the next tier... very roughly once a year or so. After a couple of years, new bases that spawn would only be of the 2 or (more likely) 3 module variety.

Nice! I'm at Oct. 225 right now and still getting a lot of tier 1 pirate bases. Is that working as intended?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 12, 2019, 11:47:14 AM »

Doesn't sound like it - would you mind sending me your save? fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 12, 2019, 12:10:10 PM »

On its way!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 12, 2019, 01:06:34 PM »

Thank you! Will check it out in a bit and report back.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 12, 2019, 02:11:25 PM »

I'm not sure if this is due to randomized numbers, but it appears that the number of clouds in hyperspace have been toned down?
The map I created in 0.9.1a is much, much more traversable than the one I created in 0.9a. I am VERY grateful for this.
Wait what? You mean we can't ride storms across the sector at burn 30+ anymore? And now we have to slog across at the base sustained burn speed? Aw crap.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 12, 2019, 02:20:26 PM »

Thought I'd share this with you Alex and David: A friend of mine just got laser eye surgery, going from incredibly bad (legally blind without glasses, not great at all even with glasses) to near perfect vision. They saw me playing the new update: "Wow, I never knew this game was so pretty! Its gorgeous!"

Assault Chain Gun changes in practice: Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *hack cough hack * haha. Perhaps a little overtuned but certainly no reason to change it at all. Nope.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 12, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »

The Windows installer is still triggering Windows Defender's Smart Screen, as it did with the previous release. (as per this thread)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 12, 2019, 03:21:08 PM »

Thought I'd share this with you Alex and David: A friend of mine just got laser eye surgery, going from incredibly bad (legally blind without glasses, not great at all even with glasses) to near perfect vision. They saw me playing the new update: "Wow, I never knew this game was so pretty! Its gorgeous!"

:D

Assault Chain Gun changes in practice: Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *hack cough hack * haha. Perhaps a little overtuned but certainly no reason to change it at all. Nope.

HMMMMMMM. (Totally leaving it as-is; I'm curious to see how it develops.)

The Windows installer is still triggering Windows Defender's Smart Screen, as it did with the previous release. (as per this thread)

Thanks for the heads up! <deep sigh>

Awe

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 12, 2019, 09:40:14 PM »

Yep, intentional - the Shrike is a light destroyer, and I think the lower price gives it more room to shine as a player flagship before it gets outclassed by "proper" destroyers. It's still useful as a support ship afterwards, but this is more about use as a flagship. The Buffalo2... I mean, it's the Buffalo2 :)

In my current 9.1 game im just skip "proper" destroyers and go to cruisers after gathering some wolves/shrikes as a meatshild for flagship tempest and some core carriers. 50-70k for hammer/sunder, imho, is too expensive. -_-

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 12, 2019, 09:47:54 PM »

Yep, intentional - the Shrike is a light destroyer, and I think the lower price gives it more room to shine as a player flagship before it gets outclassed by "proper" destroyers. It's still useful as a support ship afterwards, but this is more about use as a flagship. The Buffalo2... I mean, it's the Buffalo2 :)

In my current 9.1 game im just skip "proper" destroyers and go to cruisers after gathering some wolves/shrikes as a meatshild for flagship tempest and some core carriers. 50-70k for hammer/sunder, imho, is too expensive. -_-

Depends what you want to kill, tbh. Light ships are fine to a point but really struggle against heavy cruisers and stations, while a few of the proper destroyers will get the job done.

Awe

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 12, 2019, 09:58:03 PM »

Depends what you want to kill, tbh. Light ships are fine to a point but really struggle against heavy cruisers and stations, while a few of the proper destroyers will get the job done.

Im just want to say what for the current heavy destroyers price im just prefer to buy cruiser instead. (if i need heavier setup)

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 12, 2019, 10:01:20 PM »

My mods

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62