Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351660 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #390 on: May 10, 2019, 06:01:43 PM »

Browsed the codex and noticed that Atlas 2 has a cost of 10.  The Pather's tanker costs 32.

Noticed that Industrial Planning 3 increases income by 10% instead of 30%.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 10, 2019, 06:03:57 PM »

Browsed the codex and noticed that Atlas 2 has a cost of 10.  The Pather's tanker costs 32.

Yep, it's flipped with the regular Atlas - already fixed it up on my end.

Noticed that Industrial Planning 3 increases income by 10% instead of 30%.

Yeah, in testing 30% was a bit much. I guess that bit might not have made the patch notes.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 10, 2019, 06:23:28 PM »

"Campaign 'speed up time' is a toggle"
"Pause campaign after battles"

My left pinky finger thanks you, sir!
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 10, 2019, 06:40:18 PM »

Just saw the Increased Maintenance (D) mod.  It is a killer.  Doubles daily supply consumption of ships (+100% supplies).  Practically destroys much of the point of using (D) ships that have it (less supply use).  Even Maintenance Overhaul is a drop in the bucket offsetting the penalty.

The fuel (D) mod has less of a penalty, at only +50%.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 10, 2019, 07:27:41 PM »

oh no, I was gonna go out on a date :'(

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 10, 2019, 07:59:50 PM »

The increased maintenance is a oof, but on the other hand it reduces combat costs for no loss in combat performance. So you break even if you fight 5 times per month... (which doesn't happen that regularly, but still).

With the increased ship costs, the increased maintenance doesn't matter as much. I just found an almost pristine Hammerhead - only had increased maintenance. As it will take 42 months until the cost of it matches what it would take to buy a Hammerhead right now, I'm fine with it.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 10, 2019, 08:51:21 PM »

Edit: Also that Atlas Mk.II supply cost  :o
Edit2: Oh wait, you switched the Atlas and its Mk.IIs supply costs, didn't you  ;D

I fixed this myself by editing the ship_variants.csv

Also Atlas MK2 looks pretty good, I think it's better than the Dominator now. Although lorewise, how is this sort of extensive modifications possible without causing "Ill-advised modifications"?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:56:28 PM by goduranus »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 10, 2019, 11:53:24 PM »

Nice work Alex!   :)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2019, 03:27:57 AM »

Hi Alex!

It seems that CombatEngineLayers.JUST_BELOW_WIDGETS layer is still below a bunch of really important world-space non-widget assets, like particles (from explosions, hits, and the like).  It seems like the usual renderInWorldSpace() method renders above such things, but also above quite a few UI elements, while a layered renderer at JUST_BELOW_WIDGETS is indeed below those unwanted UI elements, but also below particles of any sort.

This is problematic for the distortion shader, since I have to choose between not distorting particles (really problematic for a lot of reasons) or distorting a significant subset of UI elements.

Great update, as a whole, though!

Ioulaum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2019, 03:53:32 AM »

Changes as of January 31, 2019

Miscellaneous:
  • Can now left-click outside the hullmod picker dialog to dismiss it

For me, it can only be achieved by left-clicking outside of the whole refit box instead of the hullmod picker box. But is really nice to see a step forward for the quality of life :)

Changes as of January 31, 2019

Ship AI:
  • Fixed several issues that could cause a ship with front shields to turn slightly away from the target, seemingly without a reason

Suspect shipAI trying to lead a missile shot, very noticeable on Sunder with long-range beam weapon and missiles (except annihilation rocket launcher), initial testing indicates it's fixed in this patch.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 03:56:03 AM by Ioulaum »

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2019, 06:34:36 AM »

Good release. Haven't noticed anything breaky so far. Old savegame plays nice. The +4 industry colonies I have are now cash cows. Probably gonna keep them. :-X

I also didn't see it in the patch notes anywhere, but faction hullmods are now 0-cost hullmods and can be removed. This is interesting. They do have a small downside, but removing these never occured to me.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 11, 2019, 09:39:34 AM »

Hi Alex!

It seems that CombatEngineLayers.JUST_BELOW_WIDGETS layer is still below a bunch of really important world-space non-widget assets, like particles (from explosions, hits, and the like).  It seems like the usual renderInWorldSpace() method renders above such things, but also above quite a few UI elements, while a layered renderer at JUST_BELOW_WIDGETS is indeed below those unwanted UI elements, but also below particles of any sort.

This is problematic for the distortion shader, since I have to choose between not distorting particles (really problematic for a lot of reasons) or distorting a significant subset of UI elements.

Great update, as a whole, though!

Thank you for letting me know - going to take a look!

I also didn't see it in the patch notes anywhere, but faction hullmods are now 0-cost hullmods and can be removed. This is interesting. They do have a small downside, but removing these never occured to me.

Hmm, could you clarify? I'm not sure what you mean but it sounds like a bug.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 11, 2019, 10:25:59 AM »

14th Battlegroup hullmod is not hardwired anymore. It shows up as removable on my Enforcer, with a cost of 0. Once I remove it, I can't get it back since it's not on the list. However, it's an old 0.9 save.

Huh, this is odd. Now the hullmod is hardwired as it's supposed to be. I saved several times in between noticing this and now.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 10:27:33 AM by Schwartz »

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 11, 2019, 10:42:35 AM »

The increased maintenance is a oof, but on the other hand it reduces combat costs for no loss in combat performance. So you break even if you fight 5 times per month... (which doesn't happen that regularly, but still).

With the increased ship costs, the increased maintenance doesn't matter as much. I just found an almost pristine Hammerhead - only had increased maintenance. As it will take 42 months until the cost of it matches what it would take to buy a Hammerhead right now, I'm fine with it.
I bought two Dominators with two D-mods each, only one had IM. 50 supplies/month looks super bad, but when in my fleet, both had the exact same supply consumption.
I did have Logistics 2 (fleetwide maint savings), Safety 3 (D-mods are only 50% as bad) and Field Repair 3 (D-mods count for maint savings), so it is possible that skills can completely mitigate the effects of increased maintenance.

If true, this would make the Safety skills tree much more attractive.
I was quite worried that this would put a sizeable crimp in the ability to run hobo junkfleets, but as it stands IM is not horrible.

Also, still a thing:
procgen/name_gen_data.csv
Column A Line 1170

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 11, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »

14th Battlegroup hullmod is not hardwired anymore. It shows up as removable on my Enforcer, with a cost of 0. Once I remove it, I can't get it back since it's not on the list. However, it's an old 0.9 save.

Huh, this is odd. Now the hullmod is hardwired as it's supposed to be. I saved several times in between noticing this and now.

Ah, hmm - that's weird. Could possibly be related to it being an 0.9 save - could you let me know if you have a save where it's happening?

Also, still a thing:

Fixed that up, thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62