Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351773 times)

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2019, 03:36:03 PM »

My issue is more that late game even a fresh colony will have bad loot, as blueprints don't replicate so instead the ruins get nothing.
Blueprints do replicate, actually; it's hullmod specifications that get filtered out if you already know them.

It's both - ruins won't give duplicate (known) blueprints or hull mods. And since you don't get to reroll the duplicate blueprints or anything, it does indeed mean the quality & value of ruins finds greatly diminishes as a game advances.
False.  I have gotten duplicates of known blueprints from ruins, both exploration and tech-mining.  Also, I looked at the code, and it's just hullmods that have duplicates filtered out.  (And even then, only from exploration sources; you can get duplicate hull-mod specs off of defeated enemy fleets, for example.)
I have tried this in a few campaigns and can't seem to get mining blueprint  dupicates. It's always the same: early game tech mines rain blueprints from any planet. Late game I could simultaneously colonise 3-4 pristine extensive/vast ruins and not have a single blueprint in half a year or more.

Research bases do appear do drop duplicates though.

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 07, 2019, 04:54:22 PM »

False.  I have gotten duplicates of known blueprints from ruins, both exploration and tech-mining.  Also, I looked at the code, and it's just hullmods that have duplicates filtered out.  (And even then, only from exploration sources; you can get duplicate hull-mod specs off of defeated enemy fleets, for example.)

Look harder then, because TechMining.generateCargoForGatheringPoint clearly filters out known ship, weapon, fighter, and industry blueprints in addition to hullmods.

Edit: I think it would be nice if the filtered out blueprints rolled AI core replacements. I've got 5 synchrotrons and 23 corrupted nanoforges in storage but not enough Alpha or Beta cores! Plus gamma cores to buy forgiveness from factions after covert raids for blueprints would be nice  ;)

As for tech mining, I think it would work better to roll a list of "special"/"first" finds up front and then trickle them out over a couple years. I'd rather have the fixes in 0.9.1 and wait for 0.10 for that, though.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 06:44:23 PM by Zhentar »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 08, 2019, 09:32:47 AM »

Huh. I most certainly get duplicate blueprints - I must have gotten 7 luddic blueprint packs in my last run, and I certainly did not have all of them (I never did get any missiles, which was a giant PITA. I really want the low, med, and high tech packs to have at least a few missile racks).

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 08, 2019, 12:21:33 PM »

Huh.  Double-checked the code again, and it looks like I did, in fact, misread it.  ...Really could have sworn I'd gotten duplicate blueprints out of those, but I guess not.  (Research Stations and the like, though, can definitely give duplicate blueprints.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 08, 2019, 04:19:04 PM »

Alex, this is in reply to your Twitter post since I have no Twitter
As someone that has played SS on three laptops, using their trackpads, through out the years, I can say that as long as the trackpad has decent palm protection/ detection and dedicated buttons, you can play SS with it. I only had to get a mouse to play SS with my newest laptop due to the fact that it has neither of those and is similar to the (cr)apple one button trackpad design
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 08, 2019, 04:36:10 PM »

As someone that has played SS on three laptops, using their trackpads, through out the years, I can say that as long as the trackpad has decent palm protection/ detection and dedicated buttons, you can play SS with it. I only had to get a mouse to play SS with my newest laptop due to the fact that it has neither of those and is similar to the (cr)apple one button trackpad design

Thank you! Going to point them to this.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 08, 2019, 08:18:24 PM »

Thank you! Going to point them to this.
No problem! One note though is that I played with such low end machines that my average FPS was around 15 to 30. SS feels SOOO much different between 30 and 60! no
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 21, 2019, 12:04:20 AM »

Any ETA on when the .1 release will roll around? Picked up the game again recently and stuff like this (spoilers) keeps ruining my fun.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 21, 2019, 02:26:08 AM »

The Legion XIV's are populated in constellations, so yes they are very clustered! Other things are populated in regions as well...
Has anyone else noticed that if you investigate any of the Legion XIVs but don't choose to recover it immediately and leave it in place for later, when you come back to pick it up the option to recover it is no longer available and you have no choice but to break it for parts.

I'm not sure if this is just general wreck recovery logic, or something specific to the Legions as I've never noticed this behaviour previously.
Granted, I've never been in a position to want to 'leave a wreck for later' before as they are usually all drifting and need a snap decision before they vanish anyway.

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 21, 2019, 08:50:29 AM »

Any ETA on when the .1 release will roll around? Picked up the game again recently and stuff like this (spoilers) keeps ruining my fun.

As was pointed out in goduranus's large thread, you can remove all weapons from your carriers to force them to be more timid. Although this means that enemies will underestimate your forces.

Has anyone else noticed that if you investigate any of the Legion XIVs but don't choose to recover it immediately and leave it in place for later, when you come back to pick it up the option to recover it is no longer available and you have no choice but to break it for parts.

I'm not sure if this is just general wreck recovery logic, or something specific to the Legions as I've never noticed this behaviour previously.
Granted, I've never been in a position to want to 'leave a wreck for later' before as they are usually all drifting and need a snap decision before they vanish anyway.

Just a few days ago when I started a new game, I went bounty hunting as a solo frigate and bumped into a couple of Legion XIV's so knowing that my interactions with them will prevent me from salvaging them is a bit depressing, even if I wasn't planning on using them.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 21, 2019, 08:57:36 AM »

@ Senentis:  Was your ship count maxed at the fleet cap when you came back for the Legion?  Being at the fleet cap means you automatically skip recovery and go straight to loot or leave.

I have considered recovering the Legions and dumping them in abandoned stations, where they will not be disturbed.  (In theory, I could lose everything in storage if the market they are in is destroyed.  Abandoned stations are indestructible and ignored by NPCs.)  So far, I have left Legion XIVs behind to preserve them.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 08:59:11 AM by Megas »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 21, 2019, 12:03:50 PM »

@ Senentis:  Was your ship count maxed at the fleet cap when you came back for the Legion?  Being at the fleet cap means you automatically skip recovery and go straight to loot or leave.

(That would have to be it, yeah - can't think of another reason why you wouldn't be able to salvage a previously-salvageable ship. Aside from a bug, I suppose!)

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 21, 2019, 12:46:05 PM »

Huh, that would make a lot more sense then. Looks like I can still get trophy Legions after all.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 21, 2019, 03:01:54 PM »

I can confirm that I've left them and then retrieved them at a later date.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 21, 2019, 04:12:39 PM »

Quick question (more appropriate for 0.9, but I completely missed that in those patch notes until I re-read it a few days ago):  If transponder-off black market trade does not raise suspicion level at all (like it used to in 0.8 ), does this mean patrols will not demand custom scans (after I leave then return to market at a later time with transponder on)?

I overlooked this in the first 0.9 patch notes and assumed 0.8 behavior during my 0.9 games, and thus never touched black markets.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62