Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351640 times)

Singrana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2019, 06:56:54 AM »

in regards to the harbinger 3x chain atropos deleting everything in the game, i do feel it should keep a single synergy slot in the middle

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2019, 08:19:12 AM »

Is the plan for the 0.9.1 patch to be the last one before 1.0?

If I had to say - probably not, but I'm not 100% decided. Will have to see exactly how post .9.1 development goes. (If you asked me about .9 before .9, I'd probably have said it would be 2 separate updates, but it turned out to be too intertwined for that.)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2019, 08:48:31 AM »

I can't imagine there's much left on the table. Maybe faction and character interactions, but after that, it's the big content update.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2019, 09:28:13 AM »

There are one or two other things, but: "content" is really not to be underestimated! It's (perhaps surprisingly?) time-consuming, and it also takes a long time to test - both to verify everything works (including branching, if any) - and to playtest as far as it being fun, appropriately challenging, and so on.

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2019, 05:10:25 PM »

I still want a mission ship that would be unique to the character >.>

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2019, 05:21:14 PM »

Hmm - the XIV Legion? Not exactly a mission ship, but still kind of fits the bill, doesn't it?

TheDTYP

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2019, 02:12:02 PM »

I apologize if this has already been asked, but do you plan on adding missions like the Red Planet in this update? As a lore nut, I loved that mission chain and I would love to see some more before the long wait for 1.0 or whatever comes after .9.1.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2019, 02:24:11 PM »

That presumably will come in the big content update. Red Planet quest probably was just a rough implementation, to make sure it works.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 03, 2019, 02:37:03 PM »

I apologize if this has already been asked, but do you plan on adding missions like the Red Planet in this update? As a lore nut, I loved that mission chain and I would love to see some more before the long wait for 1.0 or whatever comes after .9.1.

For .1, no, but beyond that, very likely yeah. I'm really happy with how that turned out - for being a fairly simple mission chain at that - and am super psyched about adding more.

Kulverstukass

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2019, 08:25:17 AM »

Will we get fix/workaround about overlapping debris fields? Mb simple dialogue menu to choose from?
AI being tought that phased out ships cannot be hit and there is no need to waste limited ammo/cause friendly-fire, also fit enemy fighters?
Buckle up for broken english vocabulary, comrade!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2019, 10:52:08 AM »

AI being tought that phased out ships cannot be hit and there is no need to waste limited ammo/cause friendly-fire, also fit enemy fighters?
Firing at phased ships is good for suppression (provided weapon is not too ammo limited).  I would not want to decloak inside a deadly stream of attacks if I can help it.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2019, 04:49:06 PM »

Will we get fix/workaround about overlapping debris fields? Mb simple dialogue menu to choose from?
Further to that, can we make "permanent" debris fields disappear from the map once savlaged (or at least no longer treated as debris fields for salvage field overlap)?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2019, 06:49:04 PM »

Further to that, can we make "permanent" debris fields disappear from the map once savlaged (or at least no longer treated as debris fields for salvage field overlap)?
I would like stable debris to disappear after they get looted enough.  I had multiple permanent debris fields and nebula is one system that would be a good colony location.  I get slowdown that I normally would not get in most other systems (that normally have less stuff), and it would get much worse if I built up two size 10 colonies there and had frequent fighting between my patrols and enemy invasions.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2019, 01:21:34 PM »

Tbh, why do we even need to interact with any debris field more than once?
It just feels like clicking and dialog options for the sake of it.

For maximum streamlining, it would be amazing if a debris field was salvaged in its entirety on the first interaction (with appropriate costs) giving you all of whatever was in said field, then removing it from the game entirely.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2019, 01:40:10 PM »

Tbh, why do we even need to interact with any debris field more than once?
It just feels like clicking and dialog options for the sake of it.

For maximum streamlining, it would be amazing if a debris field was salvaged in its entirety on the first interaction (with appropriate costs) giving you all of whatever was in said field, then removing it from the game entirely.
That is even better.  I get annoyed when I need to spam salvage six or seven times to suck every last rare drop dry.  The only reason why I can think of why things as they are is if player has a time limit (deadly Remnant fleets closing in fast and you do not have enough time to salvage field multiple times) or to control crew and machinery loss (you lose less if you salvage less).  Maybe better to have player spend a little time once, then loot everything.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 62