Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 62

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 351756 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9.1a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2019, 07:29:53 PM »

What? not all the loading issue? I thought that's the question of entire game ???
Things like designType, descriptions, hull name will meet this problem.

"etc" covers all those :) Hopefully, anyway; a bit hard to test w/o being able to reproduce it on my end.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2019, 07:53:15 PM »

Battlestation takes up a slot.  With Red Planet reward, player will have no problem filling all 12 slots with only four production industries.
Right, forgot about starbases.  So the 12 slots can be filled in vanilla regularly but only once you find that planet.

I guess if you want to rein in colony income, it's a way to do that.  I'd have greatly preferred a different solution as I liked RP building industrial-focused self-sustaining Ecumenopolis as my Capital from the ground up, which won't be possible now.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2019, 08:35:00 PM »

Reposting my question earlier because the change is potentially highly significant for some mods:
Will not produce fleets with more than 30 ships
Is there a FleetParams variable for this? Some boss fleets in mods need to be pretty big and it would be odd if they just ended up as 30-capital fleets instead.

Free port:
  • Stability penalty goes from 1 to 3 over time instead of being fixed at 3
  • Accessibility bonus goes from 5% to 25% (was: 10 to 50)
Potential exploit/micromanagement tax: Regularly turn free port off and on to keep the stability penalty at 1. For cases where I don't care about the accessibility bonus, I just want to export drugs.

(Well it's fairly easy as it is to keep stability at 10 even with the full -3 penalty, so I don't expect this to be a big deal)

Right; that's actually something I've done on occasion.  In 0.9, you have three options for dealing with drugs demand from mining:
[...]
3: Use multiple AI cores, including at least one alpha-grade.
Do people generally do this? I slap a gamma core on all my mining industries as a matter of course (since they're not good for much else), but I find betas and alphas are far too scarce to use just to prevent a mining drug shortage that doesn't do anything besides slightly slow the growth of an already large colony. Any betas and alphas go straight to manufacturing industries and (for the latter) star fortresses.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2019, 08:53:29 PM »

Reposting my question earlier because the change is potentially highly significant for some mods:
Will not produce fleets with more than 30 ships
Is there a FleetParams variable for this? Some boss fleets in mods need to be pretty big and it would be odd if they just ended up as 30-capital fleets instead.

Oh, sorry, just missed it entirely somehow!

There's a Boolean params.doNotPrune that defaults to null, setting it to true will turn off this behavior.

Free port:
  • Stability penalty goes from 1 to 3 over time instead of being fixed at 3
  • Accessibility bonus goes from 5% to 25% (was: 10 to 50)
Potential exploit/micromanagement tax: Regularly turn free port off and on to keep the stability penalty at 1. For cases where I don't care about the accessibility bonus, I just want to export drugs.

(Well it's fairly easy as it is to keep stability at 10 even with the full -3 penalty, so I don't expect this to be a big deal)

Good point, yeah - will keep an eye on this.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2019, 09:06:36 PM »

While I totally agree that Harbinger was OP and needed a nerf, doesn't this leave it a bit too useless?

Harbinger with 3 energy slots is inferior to an Afflictor in every way that matters:
- It is slower
- Has less continuous cloak time
- It's system barely compensates lack of speed (both can bypass omni-shields: Harbinger by system, Afflictor by phase maneuvering)
- LESS shield-bypass firepower (there is no medium AM blaster analog, and Afflictor is better with AM blasters due to damage increasing system). And character skilled Afflictor could even squeeze 4 AM blasters, though significant limitations apply.
- Much more supply expensive

So, what is Harbinger's intended role after nerf anyway? Being a bit more armor-hp-tanky doesn't do much for a phase ship.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2019, 09:37:25 PM »

So, bug about immediate updating player colonies markets still not fixed? It like cheat on current moment.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2019, 10:07:22 PM »

So, bug about immediate updating player colonies markets still not fixed? It like cheat on current moment.
  • Fixed issue with "Open Market" from Commerce fully regenerating on re-opening the tab
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2019, 10:31:39 PM »

Harbinger will still be incredibly good simply because of its system - being able to overload and knock out the shields of any ship is a game changing ability. It just won't be able to instantly assassinate any ship as it could before. :P

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2019, 12:06:38 AM »

Harbinger will still be incredibly good simply because of its system - being able to overload and knock out the shields of any ship is a game changing ability. It just won't be able to instantly assassinate any ship as it could before. :P

But Afflictor does exactly same thing (bypassing shield) much better and cheaper.

Harbinger without Reapers can't do much about a Paragon, Afflictor can still solo it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:10:23 AM by TaLaR »

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2019, 12:22:04 AM »

• Fixed issue with "Open Market" from Commerce fully regenerating on re-opening the tab
Ah...
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Techhead

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2019, 12:26:29 AM »

Harbinger has had Thor's hammer applied and none to gently :D

It needed it, what with the 3x Typhoon Harbinger being the answer to any question.

Except for ships with slow-to-deploy shields (ie. wide/full arc omni-shields), the duration of the knockout is fairly hard to exploit. Typhoon was the predominant build because it was the main weapon that could exploit that short window consistently. Guided missiles have variable flight times which meant you couldn't trust them to 100% land in that window (and the harpoon pod outputs less damage than a typhoon), phase lance burst was longer than the window, mining blasters spike your own flux super-hard (3600 flux!), and AMBs weren't available since you can't downsize synergy mounts. That puts second-best burst weapon at the heavy blaster at 3x500 damage. To me, Typhoon felt like the *only* option for comboing with QD.

From a Faster Time

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2019, 02:16:26 AM »

• Fixed Helmsmanship 5%/1% issue
How was it "fixed" and whats the end result?
As was covered fairly exhaustively in the relevant thread (and possibly some PMs), it's 1% as it was supposed to be. Balance stuff entirely aside.
Oh you know... I was holding out hope it would end up more than 1%. I mean I am glad the bug is fixed, but I am not glad it's fixed into a value I personally don't agree with, since that was originally the reason I even reported it :D
(Thank you for your feedback re: some of the AI stuff, btw!)
My reward is the great game you are making and polishing up the small things pointed out.
It feels great to have a dev that listens, over the years I have gone over many developers from different games of different sizes. It's really refreshing when things mentioned get considered/fixed/balanced/touched-up. I can't tell you how many times I have brought up well documented issues and suggestions on how it may be addressed, only to have forum mods go "that's nice" and never seeing any of the issues touched on in months/years/ever. So again, a single dev managing to do this is hope inspiring to say the least.
Looking forward to testing out the new AI  ;D

Oh and lastly, is there some kind of ETA on the patch?

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2019, 02:42:27 AM »

What about AI cores drop after destroying REDACTED battlestations? In current moment no any sense to kill this. Better leave this for future endgame grind.
Or it somewhere is written and I did not notice it?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2019, 05:55:12 AM »

@ TaLaR:  I guess maybe for battlestations since their shields cannot be bypassed like they can for ships.

I used Harbinger for mainly for killing battlestation modules, then some excess pirate/pather cruisers and tanky destroyers on the side.

Three AM Blasters on Harbinger is like one Reaper, more or less.  (With energy slots, AM Blaster is probably the best Harbinger can use.)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2019, 06:53:52 AM »

Harbinger: changed 3 medium hardpoints to "energy" (was: "synergy")
This would make the the Harb the only phase ship incapable of using missiles at all.
Would it be possible to have the forward centre mount reverted to synergy or changed to universal, just to keep all the phase ships consistent with each other?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 62