Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Show Shielded Cargo Holds in UI (and other campaign stats)  (Read 1542 times)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Show Shielded Cargo Holds in UI (and other campaign stats)
« on: January 25, 2019, 02:19:00 PM »

Pretty much this.

And while we're technically here, can we have the Survey/Salvaging/SolarShield and generally fleet-wide campaign-map boosts listed in the fleetscreen? (currently Salvaging and fleet-wide status gets shown when hovering over the mod which is backwards compared to the rest of the UX)

PS: And ungrey and make the "Your fleet is small enough/big enough to disengage/etc" more visibile in the same pass. (ideally with yellow/hoverable-over to show you the limits of when that triggers/happens)

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Show Shielded Cargo Holds in UI (and other campaign stats)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 06:52:36 PM »

Is that how shielded cargo actually works?

My understanding is that it's actually a probability check that depends on multiple parameters, like your max cargo space, your current total amount of cargo, the proportion of the illegal to legal cargo, etc. Just the amount of shielded cargo space probably isn't an accurate indication of whether you can fool a scanner.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Show Shielded Cargo Holds in UI (and other campaign stats)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 07:26:39 PM »

As i know, while it is a proportion and some RNG, even then, you may only lose a portion of your held illegal items. Still some measure of indication of how effective/how much trust you should put in your shielded cargoholds would be helpful. Did a quick run now, 375 organs to 405 total cargo space, lost 85/45 on a smuggle, and got away scot free on fifteen others scans. So reasonably i can guess that if you have enough holds to cover your illegal cargo you'll max out your chance at evading, i guess up to a hard point (90% or something). Either way, knowing that number, or what percentage your normal cargo space is covered by 'shielded cargoholds', would be nice. (i doubt having 'extra' shielded cargoholds helps)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 07:33:48 PM by Cosmitz »