Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [0.97a-RC11] Planetary Shield: Access Control (1.6)  (Read 137756 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC15] Planetary Shield: Access Control (1.4)
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2023, 12:49:32 PM »

Not entirely; you may get partial functionality if you hack up the required version number, but no guarantees.

I am, however, working on an update; should be out tomorrow. (This update will probably not be save-compatible with a hacked-up prior version of the mod, however.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC15] Planetary Shield: Access Control (1.4)
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2023, 07:33:09 PM »

Not entirely; you may get partial functionality if you hack up the required version number, but no guarantees.

I am, however, working on an update; should be out tomorrow. (This update will probably not be save-compatible with a hacked-up prior version of the mod, however.)

That's good to hear, the Planetary Shield could always use some love, looking forward to what you're cooking up

Edit: just read Nex's patch notes, minor hostile activity reduction maybe? If too OP on base maybe let's say a SP bonus?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 07:34:47 PM by Zr0Potential »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a-RC10] Planetary Shield: Access Control (1.5)
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2023, 10:08:37 PM »

And, updated to version 1.5; now compatible with Starsector 0.96a. (Download link is in initial post.)

I've made some balance tweaks based on my own playtesting; compared to previous versions of Starsector, I'm finding it actually workable to allow pather cells to form on one colony and then just make sure the Hostile Activity meter never has a chance to get to dangerous levels - as such, the Planetary Shield Generator does not need to outright prevent cell formation (as it was intended to in prior Starsector versions), merely provide a decent reduction to the HA progression from a pather cell.

...Still, I should probably add some settings options to make it easier for non-coders to tweak the precise values; the settings that work well for me may not feel right to everyone. Eh, a thing to deal with later.

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2023, 01:57:38 PM »

Great Mod!
Please consider making this mod compatible with the Version checker that built into Nexerelin.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2023, 02:39:50 PM »

I don't actually like version checker, for a bunch of reasons, but the big one is that 99% of the time it's telling me things I don't care about and didn't need to know. Is there a new version of some content mod? That's nice, I don't care; odds are that the update isn't save-compatible, so unless I happen to be at exactly the point of starting a new run, knowing about it doesn't matter. And if I am starting a new run, it's not hard to go check myself.

Now, it can make some sense for things like, well, Nex itself, where the mod author is careful about maintaining save compatibility, but in general? Not really useful to me.

Still, PS:AC is the sort of mod that's more likely to have save-compatible updates (because I more or less know what I'm doing and do intend to be careful about that), so... okay, I'll consider it.

That said, I'm definitely not going to release a version that's just "adds support for version-checker", so - unless some critical bug-fix comes up before then - that's probably not going to happen until I need to update it for the next version of Starsector.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2024, 12:21:40 AM »

Good day Wyvern! Are you planning to update your mod to 0.97a after the hotfixes are finished?  :-\ 

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2024, 09:02:23 AM »

Working on it! (Well, okay, more still "thinking about working on it", but I expect the actual work of updating to be pretty fast once I get to it.)

Current plan is to update this for 0.97 by adding in a mechanic where, if you've cleared the Pather crisis, the shield generator becomes significantly more effective at suppressing Pather cells. (Though this will probably also be paired with it being a bit less effective by default...)

Exact values still to be determined.

Also vaguely considering bringing back the colony growth penalties from the very first version of this mod, as 0.97 offers a much stronger incentive to consider keeping colonies at size three. Probably won't? But I'm considering it.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2024, 09:11:05 PM »

Okay thank you for the reply!  :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 09:25:04 PM by Gris »

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2024, 01:43:45 PM »

Also vaguely considering bringing back the colony growth penalties from the very first version of this mod, as 0.97 offers a much stronger incentive to consider keeping colonies at size three. Probably won't? But I'm considering it.

Make a toggle or something along this line. That way every one can choose if they want it or not.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2024, 11:04:48 PM »

Good day Wyvern!  :)
Still any plans to update your mod?  :-\
Thank you.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2024, 11:21:09 PM »

Yup! Been busy, but should have time this coming weekend.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2024, 12:02:12 AM »

Okay Thanks! Take your time.  :)

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2024, 01:12:19 AM »

Good day Wyvern! Im sorry if you're still busy.
By the way Thank you for making the planetary shield worth using in the endgame colony! 8)
I hope you update this for 0.97a since the Luddic Path colony crises is kinda underwhelming.   :'(

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2024, 09:10:59 AM »

Well, I am in fact currently busy... with updating this mod. :-P

Should be done sometime today.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2024, 10:09:30 AM »

Thank you for the reply!  :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6