Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [0.97a-RC11] Planetary Shield: Access Control (1.6)  (Read 137784 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC15] Planetary Shield: Access Control (1.4)
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2021, 02:02:04 PM »

Oh! I see the difference - the one in the main post is "http", while the one in the comment above is "https". I bet your browser is rejecting anything that's not set as https. (Edit: Which is, honestly, a pretty sane thing for it to do these days.)

Let me go fix that link in the first post; no reason not to have that 's' on there.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 02:20:19 PM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Palaiologos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2022, 08:41:51 PM »

Is this mod compatible for 0.95.1a?

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2022, 09:37:46 PM »

Yes. Any mod that states 0.95+ in their title should be working without an issue.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2022, 09:44:58 PM »

Any mod that states 0.95+ in their title should be working without an issue.
This is not actually true.

...That said, the scope of this particular mod is narrow enough, and far enough away from things that got touched by the 0.95.1 update, that I'd give it good odds of still being compatible. However, I haven't actually tested it myself, and therefore make no guarantees.

As such, I'd suggest keeping the mod disabled until after you have a planetary shield generator online, save the game there, and then install the mod. If it doesn't crash within a month of loading that save up again, you should be good to go.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2022, 12:19:31 AM »

Any mod that states 0.95+ in their title should be working without an issue.
This is not actually true.

...That said, the scope of this particular mod is narrow enough, and far enough away from things that got touched by the 0.95.1 update, that I'd give it good odds of still being compatible. However, I haven't actually tested it myself, and therefore make no guarantees.

As such, I'd suggest keeping the mod disabled until after you have a planetary shield generator online, save the game there, and then install the mod. If it doesn't crash within a month of loading that save up again, you should be good to go.

I'm using it for a long while =) Ground defenses work fine, not sure on the pather interest.

edit: Just checked the pather interest. It prevents cell formation, but does not help with dissolving it; turning free trade off on a planet with 15 interest for example, won't help dissolving it. If you unequip everything, wait for the cell to dissolve, then equip them back, it works properly though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 12:32:20 AM by lyravega »

Bidiguilo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2022, 05:19:05 PM »

The Planetary Shields seem to become rather weak while using this mod, my main colony with a Planetary Shield went from 17820 Ground Defenses to around 7000 after I enabled the mod.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2022, 05:31:54 PM »

The vanilla planetary shield generator provides a multiplicative bonus that, yes, gives rather excessive ground defense values when used on a high-population planet with other defenses installed.

Reigning that in some is, in fact, part of the intended value of this mod - which becomes particularly important if, say, you're using faction mods that include AI use of the planetary shield generator.

Consider it part of the tradeoff for gaining access to pather interest reduction.

Heukaryote975

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2022, 07:38:55 AM »

Hi, I got an error just before I can succeed to start a game, at the middle of the download (sorry for my english)

I don't know where to find the starsector log but it says : Fatal: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.PlanetaryShield cannot be cast to data.scripts.wyv.PlanetaryShield

Thank you for your help

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2022, 12:31:09 PM »

I'm not able to replicate this error, so this is (almost certainly) a conflict with some other mod. You can probably work around this by disabling PSAC (Planetary Shield: Access Control), creating a new game, and only enabling PSAC once the game has been created.

(That is, if I'm interpreting your description of where the error occurs correctly? It sounds like you're seeing a crash when trying to start a new game?)

You can find starsector.log in the logs folder, inside the application folder. The logs folder should be right next to the mods folder.

If this continues to cause problems for you, I will need more details on the error (which should be in the log file), and/or, a minimal list of mods and steps necessary to replicate the issue.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2022, 11:23:30 PM »

There's a slight compatibility issue with Boggled's Terraforming mod (or at least i think it comes from there). The meteor impact penalty is already negated by that mod, but the -25% from this mod stacks on top of it, meaning that a planetary shield ends up negating meteor impact and lowering hazard by 25%.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2022, 08:32:03 AM »

Hm. I suppose I could add in code to detect certain other mods and change the behavior... but that seems like it'd be a potentially never-ending pile of work as other mods get created, updated, etc.

Probably a better solution would be to improve the included settings file, adding more options and allowing a non-tech-savvy player to update my mod's behavior appropriately to fit with whatever other mods they have installed.

As that isn't in yet, here's how you can fix this yourself: Open up PlanetaryShieldAccessControl/data/scripts/wyv/PlanetaryShield.java and remove lines 44 through 48 - the section starting with "if( null != market.getFirstCondition( "meteor_impacts" ) ) {".
Since this mod does not use a pre-packaged jar, directly editing the .java files will update its behavior on next game load, and those lines are the ones responsible for applying that -25% hazard rating.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2022, 12:37:12 PM »

Hm. I suppose I could add in code to detect certain other mods and change the behavior... but that seems like it'd be a potentially never-ending pile of work as other mods get created, updated, etc.

Probably a better solution would be to improve the included settings file, adding more options and allowing a non-tech-savvy player to update my mod's behavior appropriately to fit with whatever other mods they have installed.

As that isn't in yet, here's how you can fix this yourself: Open up PlanetaryShieldAccessControl/data/scripts/wyv/PlanetaryShield.java and remove lines 44 through 48 - the section starting with "if( null != market.getFirstCondition( "meteor_impacts" ) ) {".
Since this mod does not use a pre-packaged jar, directly editing the .java files will update its behavior on next game load, and those lines are the ones responsible for applying that -25% hazard rating.

I'll try it out. Thanks!

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2022, 02:05:10 PM »

Though, it occurs to me, this may not correct the issue for planets where the effect was applied as of when you last saved the game...

Might want to leave the "market.getHazard.unmodifyFlat( getModId() );"

Or just toggle revertToVanilla, save once, then toggle it back off again after changing the code? If you actually have a problem with this, anyway. Not sure, haven't tested it myself.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2022, 02:50:08 PM »

Though, it occurs to me, this may not correct the issue for planets where the effect was applied as of when you last saved the game...

Might want to leave the "market.getHazard.unmodifyFlat( getModId() );"

Or just toggle revertToVanilla, save once, then toggle it back off again after changing the code? If you actually have a problem with this, anyway. Not sure, haven't tested it myself.

Thanks for giving it more thought, hours before the first reply i actually enabled the "revert to vanilla" option that you kindly provided and it did solved the issue at the expense of letting the other features go, but it does work.

I haven't tried the methods you provided in these posts as i haven't had the chance to play, but i'll try when i can and give you my input. As i said before, it's not really a big deal but figured it was something worth reporting to you.

Iwe Eri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2023, 12:15:00 PM »

is this still compatible?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6