Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104705 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.666a
« Reply #1275 on: January 23, 2023, 10:14:23 AM »

Any chance of changing the hell hound?

They zip around like flies on cocaine with no counterplay i know of while being supremely tanky, and RANDOMLY may provide a benefit way unproportional to their DP by yeeting a capital to Ohio, way from the frontline.

no. They are meant to disrupt and they do a good job of it
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

DevinC

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 24, 2023, 07:10:48 AM »

Oh man, this mod is so good, love it. Good end game baddie, some sweet new ships and weapons, I freaking LOVE the Rosenritter stuff. Just recently found the derelict and got all the blueprints so my poor production planet is now 100% occupied making a fleet and weapons for the next, oh, 10 or so months :P

DevilsTinkerToy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 24, 2023, 11:38:15 AM »

When I start a new game with this mod, im getting this crash report:

I am using many other mods, but they all worked until I updated some mods(including this one). I narrowed it down to this mod. Any idea what is going on or what I did?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 24, 2023, 01:05:05 PM »

When I start a new game with this mod, im getting this crash report:

I am using many other mods, but they all worked until I updated some mods(including this one). I narrowed it down to this mod. Any idea what is going on or what I did?

not compatible with the new IndEvo update. I posted a beta release that fixes it over in the indevo thread.

Noobymcnoobnooberson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 24, 2023, 11:01:59 PM »

I'm getting a weird bug where if I don't fully hold down a weapon that need charging it just completely breaks and won't fire, it even bricks any other weapon I place on it afterwards

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 25, 2023, 01:07:32 AM »

I'm getting a weird bug where if I don't fully hold down a weapon that need charging it just completely breaks and won't fire, it even bricks any other weapon I place on it afterwards

er, more details?

WARGAMES

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 26, 2023, 03:45:20 AM »

is there a possibility certain ships like the dun scaith and halbmond RR carrier might not spawn as derelicts due to sector generation or too many mods(over 140)? when I started a game I didn't see the dun scaith around the infernal eye and after visiting and combing through every black hole I never found the halbmond carrier.

DevinC

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 26, 2023, 08:15:30 AM »

Dunno about the dun scaith, however the Halbmond can spawn IN the system somewhere and not necessarily around the event horizon - I actually found mine near a gas giant in a black hole system.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 26, 2023, 09:07:05 AM »

the free dun scaith got removed in favour of other spawns

WARGAMES

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 26, 2023, 02:38:08 PM »

alright, I understand on dun scaith.  I just wanted to figure out if it was related to my inability to find the halbmond despite uprooting every black hole that neutrino doesn't find it. I might have to rethink my lowering sensor strength and detection distance changes(enable stealth better), if it's affecting derelicts. despite having 3500 sensor strength due to large fleet still not finding the halbmond derelict in particular.

and to clarify I did check major points for the halbmond: planets, jump points, asteroid fields, any points you can build coms/nav/sensor at and around the black hole.  through around 40+ black hole systems across the enlarged sector. the one area I did not comb 100% was asteroid rings which do obscure derelict detection to some extent(as far as I've seen).

I presume there's no chance the halbmond would be IN a black hole. but I guess it's somewhere and I just can't find it this time(usually do).

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 26, 2023, 04:18:27 PM »

If you just want to make sure it even exists in your save, you can open your save file in a text editor and search for the carrier. It's a cheat, but at this point, if you want to prove your sanity and/or the mod functionality within your game environment (lotta mods) without wasting too much time, this would be the sure-fire way to check.

WARGAMES

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 26, 2023, 05:01:25 PM »

If you just want to make sure it even exists in your save, you can open your save file in a text editor and search for the carrier. It's a cheat, but at this point, if you want to prove your sanity and/or the mod functionality within your game environment (lotta mods) without wasting too much time, this would be the sure-fire way to check.

thank you, this found the halbmond and the one system that was so elusive. it was slightly near one unchecked focal point. probably an early game black hole I searched, left too soon and did not search twice for how it got left out.

Gremlin Nix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 26, 2023, 05:35:51 PM »

Interesting issue with the end of the Halbmond quest. I've kept it around to decrypt all the data, and it mentions there's something additional in a solar system in a "null" constellation. Now, I thoroughly searched my map- there is no "null" constellation, or in fact, any constellations without a capital letter starting their name.

Am I right in assuming that this means it would be a random stray star that isn't a part of any constellation? Or did something break, and I just can't get whatever other surprise was waiting for me? Or am I dumb and I just need to be patient and eventually the "null" will fill in?

The exact quest prompt;
"You've successfully recovered all intact data from the Halbmond's databanks. Furthermore, you have found information that an object of interest might be hidden in the null constellation."

Any advice is appreciated.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 26, 2023, 10:35:26 PM »

"You've successfully recovered all intact data from the Halbmond's databanks. Furthermore, you have found information that an object of interest might be hidden in the null constellation."

Game bugged and it didnt spawn it in a system in a constellation, or just didnt spawn it at all. its trying to find and refer back to a name, but cant find one so it results to 'null' aka 'doesnt exist'

WARGAMES

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 27, 2023, 12:37:11 AM »

same on null(not found) being shown instead of a constellation name. I did have to search the save and find what the name of the system was.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 111