Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1105167 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.666a
« Reply #1185 on: October 22, 2022, 05:53:42 PM »

Demon toggle in the config file will work for current saves. Daemons in 0.8.5 have some bugs that lead to excessive tankiness, which is fixed in 0.8.666
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

big_macks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 24, 2022, 08:21:18 PM »

so if i mark
   #enables Legio droneships.
   "enableDaemons": true,
to false it'll work?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 24, 2022, 11:16:37 PM »

so if i mark
   #enables Legio droneships.
   "enableDaemons": true,
to false it'll work?

Should work, yes. Keep in mind, though, that it'll take a while for daemons to fully disappear since they won't be purged from fleets already containing them

big_macks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 25, 2022, 12:13:34 PM »

dope, thank you very much!
i have enjoyed your mod very much otherwise, the legio are pretty cool and i managed to pick up one of your spoiler ships hidden in the far reaches of the sector. the legio castigator and legio hresvelgr have become a mainstay of my fleets too.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 12:15:11 PM by big_macks »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 25, 2022, 02:21:54 PM »

do give Daemons another shot once you're on the current version. They should be much more sensible with the bugs fixed now.

Thorveim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 27, 2022, 02:22:12 PM »

Just a stray idea with the current version of the hel armor: maybe reduce the armor malus further/remove it if put on a ship with no shields thats not a phase ship (be it by default or stripping the shield through a mod). I like the "no regen while under fire" overall so the ship isnt basically immune to anything without heavy firepower but I thinks it stops large pure armor builds from really using it as either the armor malus will get them killed or the regen will kick in pretty much only after the whole enemy fleet is already dead or fleeing. Especially true for capitals with low mobility or mobility tools that olny help them catch up with enemies. These ships cant just hide behind a shield to heal up after all, so maybe allowing them to keep more buffer and still have the healing as a bonus should they manage to retreat/buy themselves a breather would be nice. In its current form it feels overpriced for the tradeoff it proposes and the built-in slot it takes.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 27, 2022, 11:23:11 PM »

It's simply not meant for pure armor builds. You have heavy armor for that

TheCageWeakens

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 28, 2022, 02:09:57 AM »

Great mod. been using it for a long time. However im forced to stop lurking because of this specific error:
[ 34399 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [tahlan_DunScaith_gh] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [tahlan_DunScaith_gh] not found! ]

I only encountered this error when I updated the mod. Yes I already uninstalled and reinstalled the mod.

Thorveim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 28, 2022, 03:34:39 AM »

It's simply not meant for pure armor builds. You have heavy armor for that

Usually if I run hel i pack heavy anyway to avoid the armor getting stripped on one single shot by an anti armor gun :p And if not... Well its not a ship meant to take hits on armor at all and i dont run heavy nor hel.

Welp guess that means ironically now the best way to run armor mods that can regen... Is to not go full armor or only do it on phase ships (that really make Hel broken, nothing can interrupt the heal once in phase and the timeflow speeds it up on top) or ships so big and broken the enemy AI refuses to even get close. Sad. Here goes my dream of shield shunt onslaughts being useful in longer battles XD (or hell even kassadari refit ships with the overdrive)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 28, 2022, 04:54:37 AM »

Great mod. been using it for a long time. However im forced to stop lurking because of this specific error:
[ 34399 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [tahlan_DunScaith_gh] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [tahlan_DunScaith_gh] not found! ]

I only encountered this error when I updated the mod. Yes I already uninstalled and reinstalled the mod.

Newest version isn't compatible with older saves.

Welp guess that means ironically now the best way to run armor mods that can regen... Is to not go full armor or only do it on phase ships (that really make Hel broken, nothing can interrupt the heal once in phase and the timeflow speeds it up on top) or ships so big and broken the enemy AI refuses to even get close. Sad. Here goes my dream of shield shunt onslaughts being useful in longer battles XD (or hell even kassadari refit ships with the overdrive)

That is exactly the intent. Shieldless builds aren't something I really want to cater to since they remove a core element that makes Starsector combat interesting. Hel Plating is meant to support hybrid builds. Phase ships can no longer regen armor while phased in the latest build btw.

Thorveim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 28, 2022, 08:09:21 AM »

That is exactly the intent. Shieldless builds aren't something I really want to cater to since they remove a core element that makes Starsector combat interesting. Hel Plating is meant to support hybrid builds. Phase ships can no longer regen armor while phased in the latest build btw.
[/quote]

gotcha. I personally view shieldless ships as very interesting myself, maxing out firepower at the cost of having to carry heavy point defense, having no way to stop the usually very niche beam weapons an living in perpetual fear of non-missile weapons that are hard hitting like devastators. turning shields off in a fight is a tactical decision, shielsless ships are just building so that decision is taken at all times, for better or worse. And hey, your mod itself adds maybe the most interesting shieldless ship builds around (kassadaris) so found it weird a mod specially geared towards armor doesnt really work with ships that could likely need it most to stay working in longer fights where usually you end up dying from accumulated scratch damage no matter how much you pick your fights :p
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 08:19:58 AM by Thorveim »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 28, 2022, 09:12:20 AM »

The short of it is that losing endurance is one of the big intended sacrifices of the Forced Overdrive hullmod. It provides an incredibly powerful buff which functions in essence like a form of safety overrides, except its endurance limitation isn't on a fixed timer and therefore allows being mitigated by good ship builds and piloting skill.

Phalamy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 29, 2022, 08:39:40 AM »

Hey I absolutely love this mod!

But I gotta ask two Spoiler-ish questions.
1. Are the Lifeless Ai ships intended to be unrecoverable even if the player has the Automated Ships skill? It just seems a bit odd thats all.
and
2. Does the feature, that allows you to learn blueprints from the special ships after restoring them, account for the 'Hull Restoration' skill that repairs D mods over time? Just wanna make sure I don't accudentally lock myself out of getting the blueprints by one of the ships getting repaired automatically.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 29, 2022, 11:13:58 AM »

1. Are the Lifeless Ai ships intended to be unrecoverable even if the player has the Automated Ships skill? It just seems a bit odd thats all.
and
2. Does the feature, that allows you to learn blueprints from the special ships after restoring them, account for the 'Hull Restoration' skill that repairs D mods over time? Just wanna make sure I don't accudentally lock myself out of getting the blueprints by one of the ships getting repaired automatically.

1. yes
2. no clue what you're talking about

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 29, 2022, 11:33:48 AM »

and

1. yes
2. no clue what you're talking about
He probably means  Rosenritters Nia
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 111