Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104632 times)

seredward

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.5
« Reply #1140 on: September 19, 2022, 03:56:26 PM »

Just downloaded this mod a few days ago and wanted to say the amount of content is outstanding, great work!

I particularly enjoy playing with Kassadari ships, but I noticed they are not listed as a proper faction, rather as part of the independents. Is there any way to change it from the game files? I always play with Nexerelin and having the Kassadari as a faction able to colonise, wage wars and the rest would be a very cool addition!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 19, 2022, 11:45:34 PM »

if i disable the infernal legion from settings.ini, is there any way to still gain access to their ships and designs? i dont want what amounts to a second pirate faction, but i love ship variety.

edit - in a similar vein, that 'red hand' starting ship, i take it that is exclusive to the start and there is no way to acquire one in game?

Normal Legio ships will still spawn in pirate fleets.
Red Hand isn't from this mod.

does this mod really nerf hive swarmer or is that a rumor?

doesn't nerf anything, no

Hello I just noticed that the Scathach and Edengate were removed is there any way I could add them back into the game ? from a previous version perhaps.
Love your mod and the new demon ships.

yes, if you learn how to mod

Just downloaded this mod a few days ago and wanted to say the amount of content is outstanding, great work!

I particularly enjoy playing with Kassadari ships, but I noticed they are not listed as a proper faction, rather as part of the independents. Is there any way to change it from the game files? I always play with Nexerelin and having the Kassadari as a faction able to colonise, wage wars and the rest would be a very cool addition!

If I had a penny for every time this is asked, I'd have a fair bit of pocket change, but the answer is still no. They aren't designed for it.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 27, 2022, 12:12:15 PM »

fwiw, mod maker, i respect and like yer choice to not make em a true faction. as a psuedo sub faction they are quite unique, and fit the theme great imo. fantastic mod.

Lovesgundams

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 27, 2022, 01:04:05 PM »

Exceptional mod. The added factions provide a great endgame especially when I force ally them and have GH have the same colony ramping as legio.

As with my name, I'm infatuated with mobile armors. The mercenary faction added, Rosenritters, have all the setup of being able to be a proper albeit small faction. With decent combat capability for strictly RR fleets, as their armors cover their shortfall in small crafts. I was wondering if you can introduce them as such in some future update.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 28, 2022, 03:21:06 AM »

Just to say it once again:

The Great Houses will never be an actual faction.
Rosenritter will never be an actual faction.
There will never be another actual faction other than Legio in this mod.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 28, 2022, 06:33:51 AM »

Hello I just noticed that the Scathach and Edengate were removed is there any way I could add them back into the game ? from a previous version perhaps.

Just to be clear, are you giving permission for someone to create a mod which adds those ships back in to the game? Because I might be tempted to take up that mantle.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 28, 2022, 08:46:55 AM »

Just to be clear, are you giving permission for someone to create a mod which adds those ships back in to the game? Because I might be tempted to take up that mantle.

not for public release, no, but I won't stop anyone from making personal modifications

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 28, 2022, 09:07:37 AM »

not for public release, no, but I won't stop anyone from making personal modifications

More like you can't stop anyone ;)
But fair enough, just try and be clear. I had a similar thing in the past with ambiguous wording.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 29, 2022, 12:05:25 AM »

Anything that isn't an express permission is, in fact, not an express permission. Live by that rule and you won't have issues with perceived ambiguity.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 29, 2022, 07:01:13 AM »

Anything that isn't an express permission is, in fact, not an express permission. Live by that rule and you won't have issues with perceived ambiguity.

That's a terrible rule to live by. There's certainly situations where it would be recommended to seek express permission but as life rule it's terrible.

But I fear we're getting off topic...

Excel.exe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: September 29, 2022, 05:18:58 PM »

God the Ristreza is beautiful

Noble Klaxon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 07, 2022, 07:24:21 AM »

Is it safe to turn off the Daemon's mid-playthrough (not the entire faction, just the OP ships)?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 07, 2022, 08:43:14 AM »

Should be fine

qinta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 07, 2022, 08:07:50 PM »

so I come in for my quarterly check of the mod forum for updates, and I notice the "-added malware" line for 0.8.5" I am going to be upset if I don't have a purple gorilla pop up during a fleet battle

XazoTak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 10, 2022, 06:53:06 AM »

I really love the idea of fleets that have a few overpowered ships mixed in, it makes Legio fleets a lot of fun to fight, but only when it's *a few*.
Fleets that can throw ten Daemons at you just feel cheaty and dumb.
The only thing that makes a ship that can regen armour to full in like 15 seconds feel reasonably possible to fight against is that it doesn't have equally-strong ships that can cover for it. If  it's chased away or gets distracted, its allies will be torn to pieces and then it can be singled out, making it possible to deliver the huge amount of sustained DPS necessary to kill it.
But once Daemons actually make up the backbone of a fleet, everything fun and interesting about fighting them gets flipped on its head and I feel like I'd rather be fighting doritos.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 111